Welcome

Options
2»

Replies

• emeehan11
    emeehan11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just want to be healthy and feel great! I want to be able to feel good about myself in any situation and all seasons! I am ready to kick butt :)
  • elsrws
    elsrws Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    LIVING LIFE - I am sick of watching, I want to jump head long into my life before any more slips away. Being healthy and fit is a huge part of my plan.
  • helenmc40
    helenmc40 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Glad to see so many people are keen to help one another. We are all friends and here to encourage and motivate one another on our weight loss journey. WooHoo - excited.

talk to you all tomorrow
  • HeatherHoskins
    HeatherHoskins Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have always been heavy but now it is to the point of ridiculousness. I want the love for myself to comeback. I also have a 2 yr old that I want to play with. I am a stay at home mom and sometimes I noticed that we have spent half of the day watching tv. I do not want her to grow up like that. I do pretty good eating during the day but go crazy at night while working on my home pc. I need to beat this thing.
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I mainly want to lose this weight for the sake of my self asteem.
    I was always really small, and recently put on close to 20lbs and I can
    See the damage it did to my body. & its not just me, My entire family has unhealthy eating habits so
    That definitely makes it really hard on me. Not to mention all my clothes are getting to small for me!
    Not a good feeling. Although I'm not severely overweight, I'm not at all happy with how I look
    Now and how I used to look. That and I want to live a healthy life & stay active.
    Hopefully y'all can pull me through it!
  • EyeRoller
    EyeRoller Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I want a fresh start, and I want to be the best I can be.

Good luck everyone, can we do it ....YES WE CAN!!!!
  • jfstick
    jfstick Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for asking!! I am a nurse who started working night shifts in 2001, since the I have gained 75 pounds. I am diabetic(diet controlled...hahha) with medications now and my MD wanyts to talk again! I need to get this under control!! I don't want to live the rest of my life like I see my diabetic patients...one toe at a time...on dialysis!! Time to be serious!
  • joyfulnoise100
    joyfulnoise100 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Second, there's this guy at work who's annoying the heck out of me with his basketball talk. I want to get back into high school shape and dunk on his sorry butt :)

That's awesome!! If we lived close enough, I'd say, "let's play!!" Although right now my full court press looks a lot like my body pressed horizontally to the floor!! Your first motivation is great, your second one is just plain fun! :)
  • joyfulnoise100
    Options
    I am wanting to get healthy and lose weight so no matter where I am I can look as pretty on the outside as I feel on the inside. I spend way to much time telling myself I am no that fat, so I don't pay attention til i see the pictures. I just want to cry. I am ready to feel good all the way around, have energy. Increase my self esteem and self worth. Plus just bought a Harley and would love to look good on that bad boy this summer... :)

A chick on a Harley. As a fellow chick I think that's super cool. :) In the near future, you'll be shedding tears of joy over how great you feel! :) Here's to tracking food and working our butts off!
  • joyfulnoise100
    Options
    Honestly... I want to look in the mirror and hear that voice in my head say "Great hair!" or "Nice shirt!" instead of "FAT!"

Tell that last voice to go jump off a cliff - it's not welcome here!! I wonder if you'd be up for a challenge; look in the mirror right now and find at LEAST one thing that you love about yourself. You'll be losing weight and loving yourself even more along the way, but you gotta start loving yourself now, or it may be too easy to never really love yourself (that's a bit of experience down the dark hole speaking!) :)
  • mld2003
    mld2003 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight to be healthier. Also I have cerebral palsy and I believ ethat as I get stronger my balance and flexibility will improve so that I will be able to walk without my walker or crutches sometimes like I used to.
  • stephzub
    stephzub Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Starting a healthy lifestyle change and trying to gain back the self-confidence that I once had before the insecurities wreaked havoc.
  • joyfulnoise100
    Options
    I want to lose weight to be healthier. Also I have cerebral palsy and I believ ethat as I get stronger my balance and flexibility will improve so that I will be able to walk without my walker or crutches sometimes like I used to.

What a tremendous goal - excited to journey with you!
  • mld2003
    mld2003 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Same to you, good luck!
  • kristaloves2shop
    Options
    Hellooo! I just got back on the MFP bandwagon. This is my first group! Im soooooo ready to once again be comfortable in my body, "only" 50lbs to lose! Hope my body can keep up with my motivation! :):)
  • Honey219
    Honey219 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hellooo! I just got back on the MFP bandwagon. This is my first group! Im soooooo ready to once again be comfortable in my body, "only" 50lbs to lose! Hope my body can keep up with my motivation! :):)

Great! I really think MFP has seriously helped me with my weight loss (esp with tracking where my calories are coming from). Unfortunately this motivation group has seemed to die down a bit.... seems like most MFP groups do after awhile.
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Hell everyone just joined the group!!!! I'm like all about fitness these days and my wonderful husband is a navy corpsman deployed with the marines in Afghanistan. I joined MFP not to long ago so that I could get healthy again and get to my normal weight. I want to look good for myself and my hubby! My ultimate goal is to get accepted in to OCS for the Navy this fall!!! I've went from 218 to 185!
  • vixkeri
    vixkeri Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am determined to lose weight to be healthier, and to have sense of accomplishment. My husband also stated we can go to Ireland once I reach my goal. That's a definite motivator :)
  • Se4beemom
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I want to stay in the Navy Reserves. Currently I am an EO in the Seabees, but I struggled all through boot camp and "A" School to stay within guidelines. My original motivation for getting in shape was getting back home to CO to be with my babies, but through a series of unfortunate events, I ended up in AZ and my kids are still in CO. Needless to say, my motivation is next to nil. The only thing that keeps me from giving up is making sure that the time away from my kids and the pain I have put them though being separated from me is not in vain!

I need help...