So, coconut milk?

Options
I have a can of coconut milk in my cupboard, but no real idea of what to do with it. Does anyone have any suggestions, particularly anything dessert-ish?

Replies

• crossfitterwahine
    crossfitterwahine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Stir it up good and freeze it. You can add berries if you like, but it turns out to be a nice ice creamy texture.
  • _persephone_
    _persephone_ Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious...do you need to stir it periodically like you do ice cream?
  • njdoll
    njdoll Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Not dessert, but chicken poached in coconut curry is spicy heaven!
  • crossfitterwahine
    crossfitterwahine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    stirring it periodically would probably be even better! I'm too lazy, though, and never have.
  • Firesign
    Firesign Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Drink it, put it in your coffee or tea. Add it to scrambled eggs. It's yummy .
  • GrokOn
    GrokOn Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Add 1 cup plus one cup water to chocolate protien powder with 1 cup frozen mixed berries. Blend in blender. Save the other cup for next time
  • mehaugen
    mehaugen Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Cocoa powder + stevia to cold coconut milk makes chocolate pudding!
  • _persephone_
    _persephone_ Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, loads of excellent ideas here! I will definitely be getting lots more coconut milk next time I go shopping.

I tried the 'Ice cresm' idea - added frozen berries and chopped nuts, and it was absolutely delicious! I can see that I'm going to be doing some experimenting with different flavour combinations, and will likely have some type of ice cream in my freezer at all times. It is also very, very easy to make (much more so than dairy ice cream)
  • mehaugen
    mehaugen Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I don't like the coconut milk options at the grocery stores, they all have some kind of junk added to them, AND are super expensive per can. I bought Native Forest from Amazon and its cheaper and organic.
  • luckygirl007
    luckygirl007 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    "So Delicious" has coconut milk by the carton in the dairy case of some groceries. If you get the unflavored, unsweetened it is only 50 kcals a cup. So good in green smoothies. I pour it into ice trays and make coconut ice cubes for my smoothies!
  • lys617
    lys617 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    let the can sit so the cream and water separate and then scoop the cream into a bowl and whip it. It's just like whipped cream and then you can add some berries, nuts, etc. whatever sounds good to you.
    The left over water you can drink, yum!