Introductions

Options
124»

Replies

• Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I'm not so new, but climbing back on the wagon after having my first child in June.. I'm 5'6", obviously, and I'm currently at 176. I want to get back down to 135-140. This new group feature is really neat, I'm hoping it will help keep me motivated!
  • ColleenMichele
    Options
    Just thought I'd say hello! Really hoping to keep finding new sources of motivation.
  • cassandra308
    cassandra308 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello All, I am 5'6 and I weigh 182 lbs. My year goal is to lose 35 lbs but my short time goal is to lose 20 lbs by May 20th. Don't know why I picked May 20th, just heard a lady say to be specific with your goals so May 20th just sound good:) look forward to chatting with everyone.
  • MegaBetter
    Options
    Hello Everyone. I signed in to MFP January 20th or so, and after only a few days I found this group. I am 47, 5'6 and my benchmark for losing weight starts with a 184 weigh in. We all have something in common, that's interesting. I hope to find motivation from those of you who are ahead of me, and will be looking to follow the new pals that join too. Good Luck/Hard Work, All.
  • xorachelrose
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm 20 years old and I weigh around 159 lbs. My highest was at 168 and thats when I first joined mfp. My goal is to get around 130 :)
  • mrsking218
    mrsking218 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and looking to lose between 20 - 30 lbs, haven't decided exactly what my goal is yet! Thanks for starting this group!
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Ooops, I posted my introduction in the other thread. :)

My name is Michelle, I'm 30yo and 5'6", and I've been trying to lose 35lbs (from 165 down to 130). I wouldn't mind losing 40 and getting down to 125, though!

When I met my husband ten years ago, I weighed maybe 110 pounds. I absolutely maintain that his cooking -- and not the five kids I birthed -- is completely responsible for my weight gain, LOL! 165 is the most I have ever weighed in my life, and it kind of freaked me out the day I realized, wow, I'm actually overweight. Before I just kind of blew it off.

I have been taking a kind of low key approach because I'm trying to make changes that I can stick to even after I reach my goal weight. Basically just eating smaller portions, three meals plus a snack every day, limiting junk food but not cutting it out completely, and drinking only water.

I exercise by jumping rope and doing crunches, and I HATE it! I really prefer walking, so I do that whenever I can get away from the house. Unfortunately it's getting hot here already. :(

I've only been doing this for a month, and I have already lost 10 pounds! :)
  • yenis_gomez
    Options
    Hello everyone my name is Jenny and i am currently at my heviest at 204, i have never paid any attention to my weight and honestly i dont know how to eat and cook healthy. i have never worked out in my life and i started this a week ago. i am really looking for motivation and just looking foward to this journey that will not be easy with all of you. please add me so we can keep eachother motivated and help each other with suggestions.
  • nikegirly
    Options
    I am 5'6'' and 160lbs and just hit the big 40 this year. I would love to get to 145... although when I first got married 18 years ago I was probably around 130. I don't think that is realistic after 3 kids. I think that if I am in the 140s and eating healthy I will feel good. Wouldn't be bad to lose some arm flab either. Looking to find "friends" with similar goals...and people that I don't see in real life, haha.
  • vahine03
    vahine03 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Mahea. I think I'm the newest member of this group. :) I'm making 23 this Year. I am 5'6. My highest weight was 227 lbs last summer. Started MFP a month ago at 188 and am currently 178. :) My Ultimate Goal Weight ranges between 135-140 lbs. My current goal weight is 160. Can't wait :D I'm a Pear Shape and have a lot to lose on the bottom half.
  • KinzieElise
    KinzieElise Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    It looks like I shall be the first in a couple months to introduce myself. I'm Kinzie. I'm 21 and 5'6". Currently I'm sitting at 180ish (although the scale was definitely a little below that the other morning!) My highest weight ever was 200lbs around March 2012. It scared me so much I changed my eating portions and lost an initial 10lbs. I started MFP a little over 2 weeks ago and my goal is around 140 although we'll definitely see when I get there if that's where I want to stay!
  • tugboatme1
    tugboatme1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My name is kayla. i weigh 178 & my goal is 140. feel free to friend me but plz send a msg so i know who freinded me lol.
  • kt_kat_88
    kt_kat_88 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Im katey. Im a full time worker and a full time student so getting fitness in is difficult. when i started my sit down job 5 years ago i was around 175. currently i am at 240. im looking for motivation to keep me on track.