I am a super Carb FREAK!!!!

Options
OMG. This week i decided to challenge myself. I am back to my 4-5 day a week work out regimen, DO OR DIE. I am limiting my carb intake which is going to be a serious challenge for me. I am addicted to sugar. I have to have a bowl or two or three of Corn Pops at night before bed. Or the Kellogs Crunchy Nut flakes. During the day I do pretty good unless we have a spread at work by which I find it impossible to stay away from the cookies or cake that's brought in. Well, THIS week, I will do without. NO cereal before bed. The only sugary snack I will have is my protein bar which I will be shaking to get to around 6pm everyday, an hour before my work out. I love the Snicker's Marathon Multi Grain crunch. They are the bomb and taste just like a snicker bar!

Replies

• MsDaMarra
    Options
    I am with you!! I am a junk food junkie if there ever was one. Last week I started the Fat Smsh Diet by Dr. Ian Smith and let me tell you, I thought I was going to die :( I completed it and now I have 3 more days of the detox stage. I too am trying to work out 4-5 times a week. We got this gir! Dont give up !!
  • CappelleArt
    Options
    See THAT'S what I'm talking about MsDaMarra!!!! We got this!
  • FunSizeFlirty30
    Options
    It's good to see I am not alone! For the most part, I have a pretty balanced diet but some days are better than others. It’s normally in the afternoon and after dinner where I have the urge to grab a Hershey Bar with almonds or something very sweet. I have substituted these craving with a Luna Bar…I still get my sweet fix but its better nutrition wise and half the calories….not as fun as a Hershey Bar but better in the long run :-) My sister and I decided to do a no sugar/fried food 30 day challenge beginning 1 March…maybe we can all try it together and hold each other accountable…good luck ladies :-)
  • sslloyd5
    sslloyd5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I could win amarathon for the most carbon cravings. It is definitely a challenge for me. Today I wanted a quick snack and had to choose between Carmel mini rice cakes and a banana. The banana did not win. I will have to try those marathon bars out. If any of you live near a mall like I do you can see if they have a walkers club. I enjoy it because its great eyecandy while working out.
    MY inspirational scripture for today:

Galatians 6:4 AMP

4 But let every person carefully scrutinize and examine and test his own conduct and his own work. He can then have the personal satisfaction
    and joy of doing something commendable [in itself alone]
    without [resorting to] boastful comparison with his neighbor.
    FOCUS on self first and put in the hard work to see true results.
  • Royalblurayofsunshan
    Options
    I am too... When I stop... My head hurts soooo bad... I need support through the headaches.
  • dorseykm
    dorseykm Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I think I'd starve if I had to switch to a low carb diet because all my staple foods have carbs:

1) cereal - "go to" food whenever I need quick & easy meal
    2) banana bread - one of my favorite breakfast foods
    3) pasta - especially noodles loved in everything from spaghetti to pad thai
    4) pizza - how can I be expected to live w/o pizza? I can live w/veggies on it, but please don't take the crust!
  • Nigerianebony
    Nigerianebony Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    So i have come to a conclusion that as a runner, I need all the carbs I can get. But i still don't get the adequate amount I need for as much as i run. If don't get enough carbs after a long run, then all the cookies are gone from my house or all the candy in teh candy bowl at my admin's desk. ...lol. It can get really bad. I heard green tea and coffee can curb the craving if you take first thing in the morning.
  • CappelleArt
    Options
    I love that Scripture! Absolutely love it!
  • cocoa_cutie513
    cocoa_cutie513 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am too... When I stop... My head hurts soooo bad... I need support through the headaches.

Not sure if you're still around but I wanted to mention that the headaches you are experiencing is a former of detox. Your body is trying to heal itself from the processed, sugary, and/or salty snacks. Just continue to drink water, after a couple days, the pain will subside. No need for painkillers, as that too prevents the body from healing itself.