Motivation and support

Options
busym0m
busym0m Posts: 96 Member
Looking for others who want to do the Ripped in 30 DVD in March. I already did the 30 Day Shred and got a bit bored in the end. This DVD has mostly new moves and supposedly doesn't repeat any moves between the 4 levels. Tried level 1 yesterday and I loved it!

Replies

• gregersons
    gregersons Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just finished the 30DS! I took off one day and started RI30 this am! After level 3 of 30DS week 1 of RI30 seemed pretty easy. I am going to be a little less strict this DVD; for the 30DS I didn't take a single day off, but if I have something on the weekend where I am active I am going to let myself take a day off if necessary. What is your plan? 30 days straight? 7 days per level? one week per level no matter how many times you do it? Are you adding any other workouts to your daily routine?
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I started today! I actually started Bob Harpers Inside out method yesterday because that was the DVD I had and I was sooo sore this morning but I went out and bought RI30 and did it today. I was very sore and struggled a bit but I am looking forward to seeing the results and hearing of others results. I also do 45 minutes on the treadmill in the afternoon so that may affect my results. I've been doing that for a couple of months.
  • busym0m
    Options
    I plan on doing 4 days ripped and a day of cardio with 2 days off. So, I'll do 2 days ripped, 1 day cardio, 1 day off, 2 days ripped, 1 day off. I'll add in a little extra like elliptical on some ripped days but how much and when depends on how much time I have. And, as the weather gets nicer, I'll take some walks. My plan is to do 1 level each week, but I'll have to see how things progress. If I don't feel that I'm ready to move up, I might takean extra day or two. Hoping I can do it though. I think staying on each shred routine for 10 days was too long and I got bored.

Can't wait to see my results! I was on a plateau during the shred and only lost 3 lbs. remember to drink enough water!
  • Sambina32
    Sambina32 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just bought Ripped in 30 Looking forward to support and completing at least 2 weeks I tend to do a week and give up. I would love to finish it!! :) I plan on doing Rip30 in the AM 5 days a week with Zumba at night 3 days a week and walking 2 days a week since the walking is brisk/gentle at least my body is moving..
    Should I take 1 or 2 days off?
  • busym0m
    Options
    I'm taking.2 days off. I only did 1 day during most of the shred and I think my body needs more down time. I've been in a huge plateau so I'm trying to stick to Jillian's recommendations onine
  • mkam1980
    mkam1980 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm taking.2 days off. I only did 1 day during most of the shred and I think my body needs more down time. I've been in a huge plateau so I'm trying to stick to Jillian's recommendations onine

Does she say to take two days off?
  • busym0m
    Options
    On the video she says to take 1-2 days rest, online, her program is set up for 2 days circuit training, 1 day rest, 2 day circuit, 1 day cardio, 1 day rest, she says you can sub some of her videos like shred because they are the same circuit training concept.
  • mkam1980
    mkam1980 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    On the video she says to take 1-2 days rest, online, her program is set up for 2 days circuit training, 1 day rest, 2 day circuit, 1 day cardio, 1 day rest, she says you can sub some of her videos like shred because they are the same circuit training concept.

Thank you. Heard her on the video but haven't visited the site. Thanks for sharing.:)
  • busym0m
    Options
    With the DVD there's a free 30 day trial of her website.
  • busym0m
    Options
    How's everyone doing? Just finished day 2 and looking forward to moving up a level next week!
  • estherpab
    estherpab Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Did my 2nd say today level 1, and I am really liking it! I was a bit sore after the first day and I was surprised because I'm not new to cross training! I know this is level one but do the arm exercises get thougher in the other levels?
  • busym0m
    Options
    I haven't looked at the other levels, but I would assume that they get harder. Plus, I remember Jillian saying that we're need a few different weights, so I'm guessing that she's going to have us up the amount of weight we're using which will make the workouts harder too.
  • estherpab
    Options
    Urg!! So frustrated! I'm on ri 30 w1 day 6 ( I can't move on to week 2 yet per drs orders) ... I've already gained 3 pounds the crappy part is i not wanted to lose 5, so I'm back to wear I started!!!!!!!! Anyhow, I know it might be muscle, but could I have gained that much muscle in almost 2 weeks? I'm drinking tons of water, about 72 ounces.... I go to the bathroom, constantly maybe I'm drinking too much? My diet could always use improving. I stay under calories about 5 days out of the week and the other 2 I go over about 200 cals,( hey I like to eat)... Wondering if I should lower my cals and raise my weight on the tickler to show I GAINED????
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Urg!! So frustrated! I'm on ri 30 w1 day 6 ( I can't move on to week 2 yet per drs orders) ... I've already gained 3 pounds the crappy part is i not wanted to lose 5, so I'm back to wear I started!!!!!!!! Anyhow, I know it might be muscle, but could I have gained that much muscle in almost 2 weeks? I'm drinking tons of water, about 72 ounces.... I go to the bathroom, constantly maybe I'm drinking too much? My diet could always use improving. I stay under calories about 5 days out of the week and the other 2 I go over about 200 cals,( hey I like to eat)... Wondering if I should lower my cals and raise my weight on the tickler to show I GAINED????

Give it some time. Eat your calories and do what exercise you can. Continue drinking your water. you are doing the right things it just takes a while. I didn't show weight loss for 2 months! I saw inches leave and my stomach get smaller. Look for other positives instead of relying on the scale. It's frustrating but you are in the right direction and you will begin to see results and have a different look on "diet". Hang in there!!
  • estherpab
    Options

Give it some time. Eat your calories and do what exercise you can. Continue drinking your water. you are doing the right things it just takes a while. I didn't show weight loss for 2 months! I saw inches leave and my stomach get smaller. Look for other positives instead of relying on the scale. It's frustrating but you are in the right direction and you will begin to see results and have a different look on "diet". Hang in there!!

Thank you! I cringe when I wrote I go over my cals, thought for sure I would get some hate mail LOL. I'm very active and far from sedentary...I watch what I eat, but some times I do go over...but I never stop exercising. I did read that some people that have started RI 30 did gain muscle but it just seems really fast for me... I will be more patient. Thanks again for the support I appreciate it!
  • busym0m
    Options
    Hang in there! I've read that when your muscles get used and are sore, your body can retain some water to help the muscles heal. I've had a lot of issues with my weight fluctuating up for a couple weeks and then it will go down. It's so weird! I'm def going down overall though.