Surgery Date Set

Options
I have my surgery date finally! I'm scheduled for my Gastric Sleeve on March 8, 2012. This is 11 months from the date that I decided to start on this path. I'm excited, and yes, a little apprehensive about this, however, I am so ready. I called to verify my copay for the surgery/hospital stay, and there isn't any. $0 for this. I feel like I won the lottery!

Replies

• loribenfield
    loribenfield Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    That is great! I am glad to hear that an insurance company is paying for the whole surgery. Wish they would do it for more people. Very excited for you.
  • risskie
    risskie Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    "...Feeling like I won the lottery..." YES SIR.... I felt the same way when I got my RNY date..... Hate to use that horrid old fashion expression.... but it will truly be " the first day of the rest of your (new) life" Good Luck.:drinker:
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    i am soooo happy for you, my date is the 14th of march, I am just waiting on the insurance company to approve, and that feels like a giant weight on my shoulders. Ill be pissed if they dont approve it and make me jump thru hoops.

Good luck to you, hope to follow you along your journey and share tips and recipes and such.

Congrats
  • TraciLee36
    TraciLee36 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    congrats on getting the date and having the insurance pay for all of it. Keep us posted!
  • jmurphyaz
    Options
    WOO HOO! Get ready to take your life back! It is such an empowered decision you have made, and a long wait too. This is all a journey, just be sure to check in for support along the way!
  • sorchagriannon
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the good thoughts!