Good Running Trails

Options
Carolyn_79
Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
I signed up for the Spartan Sprint in June. Just wondering if anyone knows of any good trails for running in the West end/Nepean area? I figure some trail runs would be good training for the race.

Anyone else doing it in June?

Replies

• newfieborn
    Options
    I live in Kanata/Bridlewood and there are lots of trails out this way. Between Bridlewood and Bells Corners, there are lots of trails on the NCC land. You are not far from the dog park (Bruce Pit) and there are trails on the outside of the park that are good for running as well. My wife wants "us" to start running because she wants to learn to run. Maybe when it warms up.
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm running the Spartan Sprint on June 2nd!! Sorry i dont live in Ottawa currently so I dont know the trails there.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Thanks Newfieborn! Funny because I bring my Shepherds to Bruce Pit quite often and never thought to go running on the outer trails. Silly me, lol. That's a great idea. I'll check out the areas you suggested. I plan on bringing one dog with me whenever I run because they're pretty good runners so why not?!