My Breakfast was so yummy!

Options
Ruchell
Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
This is the first topic I've started, but I just had to say that. I cooked up 1/2 a sweet potato, cubed, in coconut oil and topped it with fried eggs. I thought it was be a weird combo, but I loved it!

My real reason for posting this is that I've been paleo/primal for two weeks now with my husband and I already am tasting the difference being real food and processed, packaged things. It's crazy and wonderful to be able to taste the sweetness of fruit and the real flavor of real food!

Replies

• bozmo
    bozmo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    That does sound yummy!
    How has it been going for you the past two weeks? What are the easiest and hardest parts of going primal?
  • _persephone_
    _persephone_ Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I noticed this when I had roasted parsnips for dinner yesterday! Almost like sweeties!
  • crossfitterwahine
    crossfitterwahine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yes! My taste is SO much....clearer. Does that make sense? I enjoy the simplest things now.
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Whenever I eat roasted Brussels sprouts I think they are candy.
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    @tabbychiro - whoa... wtH? roasted brussels sprouts? dumb question, but how do I do this?
  • Ruchell
    Options
    That does sound yummy!
    How has it been going for you the past two weeks? What are the easiest and hardest parts of going primal?

I would say the past two weeks have been pretty good. I intended to do the 30 day challenge, but I lapsed over the weekend on a trip with my family (it was a combo of them not being conscience of food or nutrition at all, my poor willpower and being sick and reverting back to the traditional comfort foods I was used too). Well, it wasnt worth going through the carb flu all over again and the food didn't even actually taste that good. So the hardest part is just learning to say no to the foods that have controlled me for so long. The easiest part is that I'm never hungry and that seeing the benefits of this lifestyle so soon (the scale is moving, the energy boost and the clearer skin) is so inspiring!

How long have you been paleo? If you've been doing it for awhile, any tips for a newbie? If you're new too, how is going so far?
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I miss my sweet potatoes - I am doing a 30 day strict Paleo and my coach wants us to stay away from sweet potatoes for the 30 days...

I love making a hash with diced sweet potatos, onion, mushrooms, garlic and any other veggies and various spices...saute in cocomut oil - yummm - my daughter loves sweet potatoes done this way - so I have been making the hash and she gets all the sweet potatoes (but only for 2 more weeks) and I get everything else...
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    @tabbychiro - whoa... wtH? roasted brussels sprouts? dumb question, but how do I do this?

Easy to do - this is what I do - take fresh sprouts and cut in half or quarters - you want them all to be sort of uniform - toss in olive oil and whatever spices you want (I just use some sea salt and some cracked pepper) and throw in an oven (I run it about 350) for about 30 minutes or so...the outside gets a bit crunchy and the inside is tender...

I LOVE doing this with broccili and cauliflower
  • Ruchell
    Options
    I miss my sweet potatoes - I am doing a 30 day strict Paleo and my coach wants us to stay away from sweet potatoes for the 30 days...

I love making a hash with diced sweet potatos, onion, mushrooms, garlic and any other veggies and various spices...saute in cocomut oil - yummm - my daughter loves sweet potatoes done this way - so I have been making the hash and she gets all the sweet potatoes (but only for 2 more weeks) and I get everything else...

Yeah they are going to be a once in a while treat for me! I'm trying to keep my carbs at 100 or less to lose a few pounds, so if I have sweet potato I have to cut out all my fruit for the day! Your hash sounds super yummy though, I will have to throw in veggies next time I make this!