Step Up:
1. 15 holding 10lb weights

Jack knife:
1. 4

Step Up:
2. 13 holding 10lb weights

Jack knife:
2. 8

My step up box wasn't high enough in my opinion so I'll try to get the other box but it was in use when I needed it and they were spending a long time on it. Any suggestions, advice, anything? :)

Also, I'm still sore from this workout. Not a "I can't move, need help up" sore but a "I used those muscles well and can feel it 2 days later" kind of sore. I am torn on when I should work out again. I could do it tonight but I can assure you my lunges will suck OR I can give it until tomorrow morning and do it then and would then hopefully complete my third workout Saturday morning. What would you do?

Replies

• mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Well according to the book..3 workouts a week at most..I dont think it matters which days..just that you have a minimum of one day inbetween. I too just started this week..and am a bit sore..but I can move...
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I started Stage 1 on Monday evening. My workout looked like this:

Squat:
    1: 15, 45lb bar.
    2: 15, 45lb bar

Pushup:
    1. 8, 30 degree angle

Seated Row:
    1. 15, 45lb

Pushup:
    2. 8, 30 degree angle

Seated Row:
    2. 15, 45 lb

Step Up:
    1. 15 holding 10lb weights

Jack knife:
    1. 4

Step Up:
    2. 13 holding 10lb weights

Jack knife:
    2. 8

My step up box wasn't high enough in my opinion so I'll try to get the other box but it was in use when I needed it and they were spending a long time on it. Any suggestions, advice, anything? :)

Also, I'm still sore from this workout. Not a "I can't move, need help up" sore but a "I used those muscles well and can feel it 2 days later" kind of sore. I am torn on when I should work out again. I could do it tonight but I can assure you my lunges will suck OR I can give it until tomorrow morning and do it then and would then hopefully complete my third workout Saturday morning. What would you do?

Im doing mine like this cause this is how I understand it from the book and other members

Squat 15
    Squat: 15

Pushup 15
    Seated row15

Pushup 15
    Seated Row15

Step up 15
    Jackknife15

Step up 15
    Jackknife 15
  • silvernswan
    silvernswan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Step up 15
    Jackknife15

Step up 15
    Jackknife 15

(In my understanding) With the ab movements only you start at 8 and progress to 15 by the end of the stage. :smile: But jack knives and push-ups are tricky as the "weight" is hard to adjust!
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Step up 15
    Jackknife15

Step up 15
    Jackknife 15

(In my understanding) With the ab movements only you start at 8 and progress to 15 by the end of the stage. :smile: But jack knives and push-ups are tricky as the "weight" is hard to adjust!

That will explain why I was sore in the gut area for days lol. Ahh well, I'll just stick to what Im doing. So confusing though,
  • mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am going to do workout B-1 tomorrow morning. :) I'm ready to go!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I would be careful about making the step higher. If I have it higher I have a tendency to push off with my back leg. I've looked at videos on Youtube and even trainers who use the higher step tend to push off when they're telling you not to.
  • silvernswan
    silvernswan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    In regards to the step height, I was reading on another forum (I think the "official" NROL one) that the intention with the step ups is to have it at least high enough to create a 90degree angle at the hip/ which would make your thigh parallel to the floor. I believe that the reason for this is to ensure glute engagement.

Raising the step height can make this move a lot harder, and difficult to resist pushing off with the back foot. I have been struggling with this, especially as one side is consistantly weaker than the other. What worked for me (as suggested on the other forum) was dropping the weight back down till I could get reasonable form, I think a did a few sets of body weight only :smile:
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    hi ladies,

a couple of questions for you to see if i'm on the right track...

i'm doing week 3 A today. is it ok to do it if i'm still sore from week 2 B from two days ago? different muscles, i presume, so probably safe but not sure...

also, is anybody doing cardio on the days in between lifting?

and i'm so so so curious what ppls calories are for the day. i know the book says they should be around 2k, but i'm really worried about going that high and putting weight back on. i've been aiming for maintenance at 1680, and eating back most of my cardios, and not worrying if i go over by a bit on lifting days, but trying like heck to get all my proteins.

:D
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Help me out real quick. I loaned my book to someone. WOA3 is it 3 sets of 10, or still the 2 sets of 15?
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Help me out real quick. I loaned my book to someone. WOA3 is it 3 sets of 10, or still the 2 sets of 15?

2 set of 12
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Thank you , thank you , thank you