CrossFit Games

Replies

• Kristen Clever - 143 burpees .... 2 more then Rich Froning ... dun dun duuuun.
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    I'm not signed up because I already know I can't do most of the stuff and it would just be soul crushing to have it officially verified lol.

anyway, someone from my box suggested using a metronome (can get app for smartphone) to pace oneself during the burpees.
  • I still think it is a wimpy number but I got 57. I have to keep telling myself that my RL friends don't even know what a burpee is so it is a win. And as my brother pointed out, when I started crossfit in August I couldn't do 1 burpee and now I have a place to move past next time. So... I'm trying to stay proud of this number even though I keep comparing it to everyone else's higher numbers.
  • thecrossfitter
    thecrossfitter Posts: 424 Member
    I still think it is a wimpy number but I got 57. I have to keep telling myself that my RL friends don't even know what a burpee is so it is a win. And as my brother pointed out, when I started crossfit in August I couldn't do 1 burpee and now I have a place to move past next time. So... I'm trying to stay proud of this number even though I keep comparing it to everyone else's higher numbers.

I know what you mean about it being hard not to compare to others. Most of my (girl) friends from my box broke 100 burpees! (Might I add I think they rock and they have totally worked for it!) But it's difficult not to feel like my numbers should be as high as theirs!

But you can't compare to others. Just to yourself :) I don't think I could have even done 50 burpees last fall when I started crossfit, even if you gave me endless time. I AM going in about half an hour to redo it though, just for fun really.
  • DJStewie
    DJStewie Posts: 92 Member
    81 - This one bruised my soul, and gave me Fran cough all day :laugh:
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    88....wish I hadn't had the issue with a few no-reps
  • nutmeg0686
    nutmeg0686 Posts: 28 Member
    81 - This one bruised my soul, and gave me Fran cough all day :laugh:

Oh my gosh! The cough! I think I still have a bit of it and I did it on Saturday morning. I'm not asthmatic so I have no idea what it feels like, but if it was anything like what I felt like at the end of the 7 minutes then I'm even more grateful that I'm not. My goal going in was 70...and I got my 70th rep with one second to spare. Even though I had been mentally focusing on not doing so, I went way too fast in the beginning (20 in the first minute) and burnt out pretty fast. It was hard to not get caught up in the "excitement." Glad that one's over! Great job to everyone though!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    61---I was shooting for 80 but I burned out in the first couple minutes. I was SO nervous all day thinking about "the 7 minutes" that I got too amped. I need to really stratigize better for the next work out. I'm not expecting great-ness, but I want to establish some parameter for myself to compete again as I get better at CrossFIt. I've only been going to the box for a little over a month now but I'm obsessed! Also, our Box is having an in-house competition with various categories and even scaled work outs so there is a chance (though, still very slight) that I could win some category. This motivates me. There also is a t-shirt and i'm a sucker for t-shirts!

Good luck to everyone!
  • Alot of people signed up for the open at my box...I was a little less than excited about having to pay 20$ for the open... I mean CF has been built on it's "free elite fitness for everyone" methodology for years...here comes Reebok and messes it up for everyone. I mean I understand the prize money has to come from somewhere... but I can think of plenty of other things I can spend 20$ on that I wont suck at :) That being said, I still registered and paid my 20 bucks...but that doesn't mean I can't complain about it.

Plus 7 minutes of burpees... not my favorite WOD ever... keeping fingers crossed that 12.2 is HEAVY and something overhead, I will rock that ****!

I only did 54 burpees but I'll take that and run with it because this time last year I couldn't even get off the ground after one burpee without considerable effort. It's all about the effort and the environment and the people! The crossfit community is the best part about the program and I can't imagine getting fitter with better people (at the box or on here)! Keep up the good work everyone, from the numbers people have been posting on this first WOD the games are going to be SICK this year! I can't wait!

Crossfit and the games going corporate might have the effect of bringing out unknown athletes who will give the "elite" crossfitters a run for their money and give those of us that aren't making it to the games any time soon a great show!
  • DJStewie
    Oh my gosh! The cough! I think I still have a bit of it and I did it on Saturday morning. I'm not asthmatic so I have no idea what it feels like, but if it was anything like what I felt like at the end of the 7 minutes then I'm even more grateful that I'm not. My goal going in was 70...and I got my 70th rep with one second to spare. Even though I had been mentally focusing on not doing so, I went way too fast in the beginning (20 in the first minute) and burnt out pretty fast. It was hard to not get caught up in the "excitement." Glad that one's over! Great job to everyone though!

Did the exact same thing. I had that fast start with about 30 in the first 100 seconds and I was sucking wind the rest of the workout. Still coughing! (just barely though) :smile:
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Most of our box did the 7min Burpee. Some impressive efforts.

I didnt do it , A) Id die and B) Im still carrying an injury.

Once Im 100% I'll enter , not that I'll achieve great results but it will give me an idea where I sit
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    12.2 WOD

30 Snatch (M 75 / F 45 lbs)
    30 Snatch (M 135 / F 75 lbs)
    ... 30 Snatch (M 165 / F 100 lbs)
    Max Rep Snatch (M 210 / F 120 lbs)
  • DJStewie
    I forsee a lot of people tied at 60 and 90 reps.
  • Sbiscotti
    Sbiscotti Posts: 153 Member
    WOD 1 went eh...98 burpees. Several no reps. My girl Sarabeth got 121! Crazy right? There's a reason why she's at the top of the SouthEast Region. Hoping to get 60 on this next wod - but I think I have higher expectations than I should since I aimed for 110 on the burpees. ::shrug:: we'll see....
  • Shizzman
    I'm thinking I can get 30 reps, but if I get 31+ I'd be rather pleased...I haven't snatched much in the triple digits....
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    I'm thinking I can get 30 reps, but if I get 31+ I'd be rather pleased...I haven't snatched much in the triple digits....

That's what she said.
  • Shizzman

That's what she said.

Hahahah Well played! That's a lot of snatching...?
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Alot of people signed up for the open at my box...I was a little less than excited about having to pay 20$ for the open... I mean CF has been built on it's "free elite fitness for everyone" methodology for years...here comes Reebok and messes it up for everyone. I mean I understand the prize money has to come from somewhere... but I can think of plenty of other things I can spend 20$ on that I wont suck at :) That being said, I still registered and paid my 20 bucks...but that doesn't mean I can't complain about it.

Plus 7 minutes of burpees... not my favorite WOD ever... keeping fingers crossed that 12.2 is HEAVY and something overhead, I will rock that ****!

I only did 54 burpees but I'll take that and run with it because this time last year I couldn't even get off the ground after one burpee without considerable effort. It's all about the effort and the environment and the people! The crossfit community is the best part about the program and I can't imagine getting fitter with better people (at the box or on here)! Keep up the good work everyone, from the numbers people have been posting on this first WOD the games are going to be SICK this year! I can't wait!

Crossfit and the games going corporate might have the effect of bringing out unknown athletes who will give the "elite" crossfitters a run for their money and give those of us that aren't making it to the games any time soon a great show!

your wish of something heavy and overhead was granted! lol
  • Shizzman
    So I did Open 12.2...Managed 31, really helped having a dedicated spotter/counter for the reps helped with just focusing on the lift, pointed out corrections, and encouraged to keep going. To be honest wasn't sure I'd be able to do the 135, especially since I that is more than I press but I managed to get one at the timer!
  • DJStewie
    12.2 Open = 60. I finished 60 with about 20 seconds left. I would have tried 165 if i had time, but never attempted that heavy of a snatch before. I liked this one better than the burpee's THAT IS FOR SURE!