Intro's posted here

It's always nice to get to know everyone! :drinker:

Replies

• beez89
    beez89 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Okay,
    So hello! lol My name is Bianca
    I had my baby girl last April and gained quite a bit of baby weight... (50lbs! :noway: )
    I can't believe I've let myself go that bad considering I am now weighing in at 163, and I was only 113lbs when I first met my Fiance' and 120lbs when I found out I was pregnant.

This is going to be 2nd Round of 3DS, and the 2nd time I've done it in the group setting!
    My last group had a lot fun! And I really like the results I got from doing 3DS in February. They may not have been huge, but it's something! and that makes me happy! :) I guess I like to imagine it as if everytime I see those little results, they will turn in big results, and thats exactly what Im here for!

Looking forward to this month, and looking forward to doing this in a group with everyone! :drinker:
  • CNG223
    CNG223 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Corinne! When I started my weight loss journey I was 173..then when I joined MFP I was at 165 and currently I am at 157. My goal is to get down to 130-135 ish and really tone up! In January I switched to clean eating which I am able to stick to about 90% of the time...occasionally I do have some processed snacks. Also, I started running 4-5 days a week in Jan, but I would like to up that to 6 this month.

My husband and I are renting a beach house with a bunch of friends and family for a week in June and I really want to be at my goal by then, I'm hoping 30DS can help me get there and not be so terrified of my bikini!! I'm excited to get to know everyone and see their results.
  • Ashley3915
    Ashley3915 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am Ashley; I started at MFP a year ago at 160 and forgot about the site well logged on a week ago and totally loving it even more! I was 150 a week ago and I am now 149; I started 30 Day Shred this morning and I am also working out at night time running for about an hour!

I am hoping that in 30 days I can weigh in at 140! I love the idea about having a group for this! Totally loved it this morning and I am excited to talk about how everyone made out tomorrow!!!

Happy 30 Day Shred everyone:D!
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My name is Dee and I started the Shred in February. I am on level 2 and I should have started day 7 today but didn't sleep good last night. I am at 145, was 157 when I started using MFP about June of 2011.

Did the Supreme 90 day and love it and had some success with it. Saw the success stories about the 30DS and loved the fact that is was shorter than the Supreme 90 Day. I had great success with the Supreme 90 Day and may go back to it after I do the 30DS and try the Ripped in 30. My goal weight is 130 and I turned 53 the 9th of February.

I may get bold enough to post my after results. I have seen great progress, but my eating -- my birthday, Valentine's Day, Vacation along with drinking I'm sure slowed my progress. I do believe that I have lost three of those pounds doing the Shred despite the poor eating and drinking choices. I am usually a clean eater and am now determined to stay that way for life -- most of the time.

I have done New Rules for Lifting for Women, got strong and cut but as the stages progress, takes too much time which I am short on. I have knee issues so I use my mini trampoline for the jumping cardio.

Happy to take this journey with more friends and feel free to friend me. Good Loss to all.
  • momotivation
    momotivation Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

My name is Maureen I am 26, no kids just 2 dogs and a husband. I never had to worry about my weight but when I went to college I gained the freshman fifteen and then some more each year. I used to be a very outdoorsy person but as the weight came on I started doing less and less. I started MFP quiet a while ago but didn't stick with it. I am back until the weight comes off. I have done the 30 DS for maybe a week and I know it works, you can feel the difference in your body and I am really pumped and nervous of failure with this goal. Its gonna be a real challenge. I'm excited too, looking forward to have the group as support and motivation!

I'll check in again soon! feel free to add me as a friend.

Maureen
  • TiffanyAching
    TiffanyAching Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    howdy. technically i started last week but i've missed a few days with being ill so going for it in March.
  • NubianSpirit
    NubianSpirit Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    hi all,

i'm cortney and this will mark round 2 of the 30DS for me. prior to doing 30DS, my workouts primarily consisted of running and stretching - and a certain level of annoyance that i wasn't seeing any results. yes, my cardio was improving and i was becoming a better runner - but there wasn't any improvement on the other areas of my overall fitness, like muscle tone, body fat percentage, weight, etc. i mean really, what is the point of running mile after mile if you aren't getting thinner? running isn't exactly one of my most favorite activites, although it can result in a pretty nice collection of "bling".

insert 30DS into my training schedule...and deduct several inches of worthless fat off my body. woo-freakin'-hoo! :bigsmile: i can't tell you how many hundreds of miles i have run over the past 2 years, what i can tell you is that they did not give me the results that jillian did in one short month (literally, because it was february) ... i love jillian michaels! she may be a crazy woman, but she gets results.

feel free to add me as a friend if we aren't already. an unspoken deal that i have with my running buddies is that we encourage each other to keep going, keep pushing ourselves - in doing that i have learned to be quite the cheerleader for other while i am pushing through my own pain - and while we aren't physically together through these workouts (as i am with my running buddies), i am hopeful that an encouraging word or two (whether it be from me or another member of the group) will be that little boost of whatever that you need to make your way to the end.

“You know when transformation happens? Right now. It’s a present activity. Who is the new you? Show me the new you.”
    ~Jillian Michaels
  • nmb92883
    nmb92883 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My name is Nicole. I'm 28 yrs old and a mother of 2. After i found myself weighing the same amount I did when i was 9 months pregnant w/ my son (who is now 5) I decided it was time for a change. My goal is to look good by my 30th birthday that is creepin' up quickly!! I haven't actually decided on a goal weight.... i have a weight in mind that i want to reach for now and depending on how i look (i dont want to look sickly skinny just healthy) I will go from there.
    This will be my 2nd go round w/ 30DS. I first did it about 2 yrs ago w/ a friend. I really enjoyed it. I remember the 1st 3 days sucking butt! My legs being so sore that it hurt to sit down on the toilet to pee. LOL. But after day 4 we were all good and i looked forward to each day there after. =) This go round i'm on my own there for I know i'll be needing some motivation! I also plan on doing my part in giving motivation also =)
    Even though i'm starting on Thursday (the 1st) I do my measurements every Monday. So as of 2/27 my measurements are:
    Chest: 39 in.
    Waist: 40.5 in.
    Hip: 42 in.
    Belly: 33.5 in.
    Thigh: 25 in.
    Biceps: 12 in.
  • LaurelleV
    LaurelleV Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Just got back from 4 months travelling and the pics from my trip have given me the motivation to try and drop 60lbs ... I'm doing really well with my food so far and as soon as I'm well (got shingles towards the end of my trip and now have flu!!) I'm going to get on 30 day shred with the rest of you and hopefully report some awesome results!

I've never done it before, so was wondering whether any of you have and how you have found it? And is it something that you just keep restarting every 30 days?

Looking forward to seeing and hearing about all your results too!

Laurelle x
  • kikiwilkinson
    Options
    Hi y'all, I'm Kiki. I started my journey almost two weeks ago and I'm down 6lbs!

I have tried 30DS before but just gave up, like I have with all previous diets.

Hopefully with your support I won't give up!

( :
  • monala09
    monala09 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello MFP!

Im Molly. I have been trying to loose weight for years, and its always been a "loose-gain" competition. I get it off but cant stay consistent. I am on day 9 of 30DS and YES i feel a change. I can do more pushups..and my freakin knees are killing me! lol. I am aiming to loose about 20 more lbs to reach my first goal weight of 190. I stand at 5'11.5 and I am a curvy girl. I love my curves, but they need shaping. Ive lost 5lbs my first month and I am very proud of myself. I am excited to partake in this GOAL! I can do this and so can you! Add me if youd like! :)

GOOD LUCK!
  • innaminnit
    innaminnit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Joined MFP today on the reccommendation of co-workers, and think the 30DS is a great place to start! Looking forward to finally fighting back against the fat LOL! Currently 240 lbs, hope to get to healthy range of BMI-170 or less? Here's to getting healthy, cheers!:bigsmile:
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Hi All...my name is Debbie from the San Francisco Bay Area. I got through about 1 week of JM30S, and because of one reason or another stopped doing. I felt GREAT when I did Level one. I still do the pushups today and my upper arms lost a 1/2 inch. YES! My heart is pumping at this moment, because I am making a commitment to myself and the group to do this, and the motivation I have is my COMMITMENT right now. LOL~

I have a small space in which I have to exercise, but, I can DO it...and this is the motivation I need. I am at goal weight, so I am just interested in losing body fat. I was 117 at my lowest for the longest time, and got down to 112 during my time here at MFP. My energy is high. Ohhh... I STARTED at 125, 58 days ago. I know we are challenging our OWN shortcomings...and I will be as MUCH SUPPORT as I can. Let's Do This!!!! Have a Great Evening :happy: (I am glad it is ONLY 25 minutes...:laugh: it will be grueling but grrreat!!
  • mommyfauc
    mommyfauc Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Just got my 30 day shred dvd in the mail today! Was going to start it, but need hand weights! I am excited and a little scared at the same time. After getting winded walking up the stairs, I decided it's time to get healthy! I don't want to be super skinny, but I do want to be in shape! And yea, I'd like to feel hot again! I was 122 lbs when I got married, and now almost 9 years later, I was up to 170. Now I know I will never be like what I was in my 20's, especially after 2 kids, and 2 c sections later, and I'm okay with that! Having my kids was well worth losing that body. Now I want a new mom body! I don't want to be overweight! I want to be healthy and run around with my kids! I have done weight watchers before and lost 40 lbs, but wanted to try a new approach. So far I am down 15 lbs. The food is the easy part for me, it is the exercising where I am a slacker. So belonging to a group is a good thing for me! Need more friends on here, so add me!
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Robin...I just bought my 30DS dvd today as a birthday gift for myself (I'll be 41 on Sunday)! I started my weight loss journey last May at 176 pounds and as of this morning I'm at 142.6...down 33.4 pounds!!! My goal is to be 130-135, but I'm finding I'm really flabby and I really need to tone up, so 30DS it is!!! I'm hoping being in this group will help me stay motivated, as I am not really motivated when it comes to exercise :blushing: ! I'm asking my husband to take pictures of me tonight and I'll start "shredding" in the morning...I also hope to get back to running a few times a week in the evenings (I've been slacking for too long!). Good luck everyone!
    Beginning measurements:
    Chest: 36 in.
    Waist: 31 in.
    Hip: 39 in.
    Belly: 41 in.
    Thigh: 20 in.
    Biceps: 12 in.
  • aristakat23
    aristakat23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

My name is Katherine and this is my first of many in the health and exercise realm. I look forward to my first workout tomorrow morning.

I'm turning 27 on March 23rd and want to look and feel great. My current weight is 150 but if I follow all of the articles I've been reading I should lose 25% of my body weight which puts me at 112.5. However, my immediate goal is to lose 20 lbs.

Can't wait for March 31st.

- K
  • kimmahboo
    Options
    Hi all!

My name is Kim and I am really excited about starting the 30 Day Shred! I've heard such great things about it! I am on a mission to get fit and healthy this year! I'm 28 and I feel like I'm fifty years older than I am! I have been so cruel to my body over the years and I need to change this desperately! So nice to meet you all, please feel free to add me! Best of luck to all of you! :smile:
  • cfrollins
    cfrollins Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I can not wait to get started, I am going out and buying this tomorrow so that I can start on time! I will post measurements tomorrow!
  • beez89
    Options
    hi all,

i'm cortney and this will mark round 2 of the 30DS for me. prior to doing 30DS, my workouts primarily consisted of running and stretching - and a certain level of annoyance that i wasn't seeing any results. yes, my cardio was improving and i was becoming a better runner - but there wasn't any improvement on the other areas of my overall fitness, like muscle tone, body fat percentage, weight, etc. i mean really, what is the point of running mile after mile if you aren't getting thinner? running isn't exactly one of my most favorite activites, although it can result in a pretty nice collection of "bling".

insert 30DS into my training schedule...and deduct several inches of worthless fat off my body. woo-freakin'-hoo! :bigsmile: i can't tell you how many hundreds of miles i have run over the past 2 years, what i can tell you is that they did not give me the results that jillian did in one short month (literally, because it was february) ... i love jillian michaels! she may be a crazy woman, but she gets results.

feel free to add me as a friend if we aren't already. an unspoken deal that i have with my running buddies is that we encourage each other to keep going, keep pushing ourselves - in doing that i have learned to be quite the cheerleader for other while i am pushing through my own pain - and while we aren't physically together through these workouts (as i am with my running buddies), i am hopeful that an encouraging word or two (whether it be from me or another member of the group) will be that little boost of whatever that you need to make your way to the end.

“You know when transformation happens? Right now. It’s a present activity. Who is the new you? Show me the new you.”
    ~Jillian Michaels

Cortney,

I used to run a lot too... I was up to like 7 miles a day and was 113lbs soak and wet! I wasn't doing any strength training...so, there went any muscle I might have had! lol I used to be a bean pole with no strength at all. I wasn't sure how much I would like doing a DVD at home work out, but I think I have become somewhat addicted to 3DS.

I'm stoked to be doing round 2, and hoping I get even better results!

Encouragement is always nice! Losing weight definitely isn't easy, but it's far easier when you have friends and support :)

-Bianca
  • beez89
    Options
    Hi! I'm Corinne! When I started my weight loss journey I was 173..then when I joined MFP I was at 165 and currently I am at 157. My goal is to get down to 130-135 ish and really tone up! In January I switched to clean eating which I am able to stick to about 90% of the time...occasionally I do have some processed snacks. Also, I started running 4-5 days a week in Jan, but I would like to up that to 6 this month.

My husband and I are renting a beach house with a bunch of friends and family for a week in June and I really want to be at my goal by then, I'm hoping 30DS can help me get there and not be so terrified of my bikini!! I'm excited to get to know everyone and see their results.

What a pretty name!!! We are working towards that same goal :)
    I am 163 right now, trying to see 130's!

I definitely think if you put your mind to it you will be able to do it!
    Nice to meet you!