Need suggestions on how you prepare for the 5K

Options
i need some advice I really want to be in the 5k but my body is not in the condition it needs to be to be in the 5k. How do I get prepared. My true reason is not only to help the people who have multiple sculorsis but also March 17th is the day before my birthday which is on March 18th. I want to prove to myself that I can accomplish something even though I have a disability. I know I can I do this with some help or ideas from people who have done it before. Just tell me please.

Replies

• captainjessejames
    Options
    I am no expert, but mainly start out small and build up. I have been trying to get back to where i can jog and I started by doing half a mile at a time. 5 laps on the up stairs track. 10 laps is a mile. I then started doing 7 laps and now do 10 laps minimum when I get on the track. If you get to where you can walk 2 miles, you can do the 5 K, which is 3.2 miles. I read something a long time ago that marathon runners would train at half marathons and that you can do double what you train at on run day. If you go on line there are sites that can help ya. Good luck Jesse