Introductions

Options
MooseWizard
MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
Hello brothers. I'm Jack Riddle, Past Master of Suburban Lodge #740 F&AM in Louisville, KY.

I started this group in hopes of meeting other brothers going though similar experiences in weight loss and improving health.

Replies

• markagill
    Options
    My name is Mark Gill, Calvin Prather Lodge #717 F&AM, Indianapolis, IN. I don't know what your experience has been, but mine has been the epitome of yo-yo. I love MFP and the tools it gives me to lose weight and get healthy. It's MY discipline over the long haul that needs work.
  • davidandrewwillis
    Options
    Greetings Brothers! Name is David Willis, Granite City Lodge #877 in Granite City, IL. Also State Webmaster and Chapter Advisor for James Stuart Chapter DeMolay in Illinois
  • peterran
    peterran Posts: 1
    Options
    Greetings Brethren, Peter here a member of J. Philip Berquist Lodge in Foxboro, MA and past Sr. Grand Warden of GL of Mass. A 30 year mason who continues to break bread a little too often with my Brothers. Was introduced to this app yesterday. Like the way it breaks down what you have eaten into logical groupings. with this app and your support I hope to start sending the scale in a healthier direction! (Would that towards the East or South?)
  • skipperbill
    skipperbill Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Brothers,
    I am a life time member of Richmond Lodge #23 in the Grand Lodge of Canada AM& FM in the Province of Ontario. I was given a lifetime mmembership after being a a member of Richmond for 50 years. I am in my 82nd year and try to play golf every other day. I also ride a stationary bike to burn up calories. I agree to many fourth's. I started this program in January 2012 and have managed to lose about 20 lbs or 9.08 Kgs. I have had diabetes type 2 since 1972, so I now take insulin. So this makes for a very delicate balance between the food I ingest and keeping my blood sugars at an exceptable level. We spend our winters in Florida and so we remain active. We also eat out quite often and some of the restaurants produce astronomical calories. We shared a dessert at Long Horn one night and discovered the dessert contained 1600 calories. my wife and I shared the dessert but 800 calories: However, I seem to have reached a plato and I am not loosing any weight. I discussed this with my Doctor and she cut back the amount of insulin I was injecting. I have to admit it took a long time to gain the weight I gained so I imagine it will take a long time to loose it. I will keep you posted as how things are going. Hard to give up some of the desserts when your wife is a great cook. Happy to meet, talk to you later,
    Bros Bill Trent.
  • heberlonghurst
    Options
    Hello Brothers:

I live in Mexico City, I was initiated in 2006, but I have been "en sueños" (sorry I know a lot of the terminology better in Spanish than English) for some time. I will become re-affiliated next Tuesday in the Gnosis 126 lodge in Mexico City. Looking forward to the journey.

I've lost about 15kg (33lbs) over the last few months and I am now only 1-2kg over what most tables say is the ideal weight for a man of my height. This has helped me bring down my blood pressure incredibly which means I am now taking less medication and I have more energy.
  • Justinsteg
    Options
    Wow, I feel like a young pup amongst 30 and 50 members! I'm going on my 2ND year I was raised last year before we went dark.
    I'm currently a member of Fayette Lodge #107 hoping to become a Shriner and maybe one day working my way up the degrees.
    Right now my main focus is this diet of course and college...
  • Parson_M
    Parson_M Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi brothers, Mark here. I've a bunch of alphabet soup before and after my name, but the most important thing is that I am a member of Social #713 in Kendall, NY and Siskiyou #297 in Mt. Shasta, CA.

I love the idea of brothers coming together to provide the wise counsel and encouragement for one another as we move forward towards perfecting ourselves.
  • onwisconsn
    Options
    Hi, Dan from McKinley 307 in Brookfield Wisconsin. I was raised about a year ago. I started on MFP about 3 years ago, and went from 260 down to 195. I fell off the horse about 2 years ago until last month, and at the time weighed 223. Now I am on my way back down, with a goal of 160 and a total of 100 lbs lost.
    An interesting side tale - My boss offered my department some great motivation for a shorter term weight loss goal. The four of us each set a goal for about 20 lbs each on average by July1, and whoever meets it gets his share of a charter salmon fishing trip paid for by the manager personally. All we pay is the $40 or so a person for the tip.
  • ed_nelson
    ed_nelson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello Brothers! I was raised 1-20-2011 at Orland Laurel #245 in Orland CA.

Currently Junior Steward and Candidates Coach.

Ed
  • Parson_M
    Options
    Welcome brothers! Good to see more arriving.
  • tchmnky
    tchmnky Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I am the junior past master of Roger William's Lodge #32 in RI. I'm always happy to find a brother no matter where my travels take me in life or on the net :).
  • mrhonesty
    mrhonesty Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Greeting brothers, I'm a 4th year Master Mason (Schwarz lodge 1163, Chicago,IL) and a 3rd year Medinah Shriner. I wish I could blame my weight on our lodge dinners but it won't work! Good to meet you all!
  • Parson_M
    Options
    Something I just realized: many of the brothers here have had great success and others (like me) have had mediocre success.

Perhaps, if we banded together, and all became MFP friends, we could hold each other accountable and everybody would enjoy a higher level of success.

S&F,
    Mark
  • mrhonesty
    mrhonesty Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    That's true. Who better than a brother to pull you through in tough times!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Brothers,
    I didn't realize groups existed until yesterday!

I'm a mason from Massachusetts, my mother lodge is King Solomon's lodge in Somerville, MA but I'm now currently "without a home" out in my new home of Eastern WA. This will be my third year as a mason, I have a lot to learn, having missed LOIs, and having been away from my mother lodge, but I'm trying to keep up. :)

Fraternally,
    Dave Mata
  • mooseman71
    mooseman71 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Cool to see some brothers on MFP. My name is Tom and I hail from Mozart #436 in Philadelphia PA.
  • heberlonghurst
    Options
    Just a quick update. I am now a M:.M:. in Gnosis #126.
  • Duane_Marsha11
    Duane_Marsha11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Brothers, Duane Marshall Overland Park 436.