MOTIVATIONS.. GOALS..

Options
so i took a picture of my belly and my back last night and it was horrible :( i felt bad for not taking care of myself for the past 3 years...but you know what i use those pictures as my MOTIVATION to keep on working out!!! I am 152lbs RIGHT NOW 5'1 and my GOAL WEIGHT is 120lbs. i want to be able to fit into cute summer dresses and be size small or extra small... and to wear a cute vintage polka dote bikini BY SUMMER.. I CHANGED my diet,i gave up sodas, i started to eat small portions, i spend time in MFP website that facebook and i work out and be active everyday. HOW ABOUT YOU???=)

WHAT DO YOU USE AS MOTIVATIONS?
WHAT WEIGHT ARE YOU RIGHT NOW?
WHAT IS YOUR GOAL WEIGHT?
WHEN DO YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE IT?
WHAT DID YOU CHANGE IN YOUR DIET?

Replies

• neesa11
    neesa11 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I use pinterest to find motivational pictures of workout models that have similar body shapes as me and are ripped.... I also find motivational workout quotes on their ... I started setting them as background on my computer and it changes every 5 minutes it really does help me get in the mood to workout!
    I am current 155lbs and I would like to be 135lbs by summer I havent been that since the summer I graduated high school when I was 18!!
    Things I have done to change my diet is that I started using myfitnesspal to count my calories it really makes me recognize portion control...
    I would really like to look great in a bikini my butt is very large and its the only place I really hold fat so I am hoping the slims down a bit or at least loose the cellulite :)
  • ltparker
    ltparker Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm a 41 yr old female and need to get healthy. I don't want to be this weight on my 43rd birthday.

WHAT DO YOU USE AS MOTIVATIONS? to get healthy. no more putting it off
    WHAT WEIGHT ARE YOU RIGHT NOW? 203 pounds....so not good on a 4ft 11in frame
    WHAT IS YOUR GOAL WEIGHT? 135 - 140
    WHEN DO YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE IT? January 2013
    WHAT DID YOU CHANGE IN YOUR DIET? cutting out fast food and greasy foods

Looking for motivation and support.
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm a 35-y-o SAHM whose son has just started nursery school. I work part time in the evenings as a bookie while hubby is home with our son.

For myself - I got fat an comfortable after I got married 8 1/2 years ago and gained 5 stones. I want to be able to say "I'm the same weight I was when I got married!" (or, even better, that I'm lighter than I was then!). I want to be able to wear pretty clothes that don't look like tents and to be able to go into shops KNOWING that I will be able ot find something that fits and looks good!

For my son - I want to be able to take my son swimming (he's never been yet, I'm ashamed to say!) without being embarrassed or feeling that I look like a whale in my cozzie. I want to set a good, healthy example to my son with regards to food, exercise and being healthy. I don't want him to feel ashamed of his fat Mummy - I want him to be proud of me and not embarrassed at being seen with me. Not that he feels that now, but it won't be long before he does unless I do something about it NOW!

For my hubby - I know he loves me whatever my size or shape, but I want him to feel proud when he walks down the street with me. I don't want to feel embarrased at him seeing my naked body with the lights on - I want to feel proud and look sexy when he sees me like that!

I registered on this site on Saturday 25th February and I was 16 stones (224 lbs) - the heaviest I have ever been. As of this morning, I weigh 15 stone 4 lbs (214 lbs) - a whole 10 lbs less!

My overall aim is to shed 5 stones (70 lbs) and I've already dropped 10 of those, so another 60 lbs and I will be the same weight I was when I walked down the aisle. Ironically, at the time I felt I looked fat (I was a size 12-14 UK), but looking back at the photos, I looked great! I want to look that good again, but this time APPRECIATE IT!

I hope to do things sensibly and hope that an overall target of 1 lb each week is achievable. That would mean dropping 70 lbs in 70 weeks, so a year and a quarter in total. If I can hit that target sooner, all the better!

For the first time ever, I have given up something for Lent (I'm not a Christian) - CHOCOLATE! I'm also making the effort to drink more water. I figure each week I'll introduce a new, positive change, whether it's upping my intake of fresh fruit and veg, or changing my exercise, or whatever. If I can do it in baby steps, I figure it won't feel like too much too fast and I'll stay motivated and on-track. Plus there's the advantage of these good things becoming GOOD HABITS if I add them gradually!

18176012.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • BrilliantSugar
    Options
    My motivation is my birthday, it's at the end of march. Obviously I want to drop some pounds but I'm aiming for a healthier attitude towards food, and an end to emotional eating. I've chosen that date to because it's a good marker of where I want to next year of my life to go. Ten pounds... BRING IT
  • shaybethxo
    shaybethxo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    i'm 241lb at the minute, and my first goal weight is 180, and see how i look. my motivation is starting university, i want to be confident and slimmer for it :) 10lbs this month would get me into the 230s, which whould be a dress size down, thats my motivation for march :) i've stopped eating chocolate, aside from the odd square of dark chocolate. and i've given up crisps and foods :)
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    i'm 241lb at the minute, and my first goal weight is 180, and see how i look. my motivation is starting university, i want to be confident and slimmer for it :) 10lbs this month would get me into the 230s, which whould be a dress size down, thats my motivation for march :) i've stopped eating chocolate, aside from the odd square of dark chocolate. and i've given up crisps and foods :)

Hi girl. I also quit eating fried foods,i start baking them,gave up sodas,chips and fast food except for subway... I cant stop eating chocolates though but i only eat dark chocolates kisses ;) i also work out a bunch, because like u i dont want to just lose weight,i also want to be a healthy person by choosing healthier food and to be stronger and have healthy body by working out.

You see 2yrs ago i already lose weight and i felt really good but then i didnt maintain it,so now i want to be able to maintain the body that i will have ;)
  • trott27
    trott27 Posts: 34
    Options
    I currently weigh 149 pounds and my ultimate goal is to be 125-120 pounds. I look at tumblr everyday for motivation. The "fitblr" community is so awesome and motivating. Everyone supports eachother...it's great. Ideally I'd like to reach my goal weight this summer...but I think anytime this year would be great. =)

I've been running a lot and doing Nike Training Club Workouts...and I'm trying to change my diet--I've given up fast food, soda, etc...but I know I still could eat cleaner. Hopefully March will be the month that I do!
  • jenielee
    jenielee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm a 39 yo sahm. I love camping, floating around the pool, a glass of wine on the patio and lunch dates with my friends. :) (that sounds a little like a singles ad, no? lol)

I'm taking a dream trip to Scotland in May. I NEED to fit into my Spring clothes by then and I hope to run a 5K while I'm there. I also want to have more energy and be healthier for my family.

Today it's 175...but I'm been bouncing around from 173-176 for the past two weeks.

I would LOVE to be 140, but I could be happy at 150.

I turn 40 in Decemeber (4th) and I'm planning a magor party (Prom theme). Wouldn't it be amazing to fit into my actual prom dress by them??

I more changed my life than changed my diet. I always ate pretty healthy before but I never exercised. So now, I pay closer attention to portions, make smart choices when I have to eat fast food, and hit the gym at least 4 days a week. I NEVER deny myself anything if I really want it. I eat it, then cut back calories in another area or work out a bit longer at the gym.
  • RH_Brazell
    RH_Brazell Posts: 339
    Options
    My motivation is my Cruise I'm going on in May I want to look cute and feel more comfortable by then
  • bsdive
    bsdive Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of 3 boys and work full time. Ever since having my last son 2 1/2 years ago I have found it terribly hard to find time to work out and change my diet. I am really trying hard to make these changes now and be fit by summer.

WHAT DO YOU USE AS MOTIVATIONS? I just want to feel better in my clothes and to be an active mom.

WHAT WEIGHT ARE YOU RIGHT NOW? 170.4

WHAT IS YOUR GOAL WEIGHT? I would like to lose 30 pounds and the 10 pound goal for the month of March is an awesome start!

WHEN DO YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE IT? 30 pounds by July 4th would be awesome

WHAT DID YOU CHANGE IN YOUR DIET? I gave up pop a couple of months ago and only drink it on occasions (maybe once a week), I gave up snacking at night, and am trying to be more consistent with my logging and exercise.
  • sweeney65
    sweeney65 Posts: 24
    Options
    WHAT DO YOU USE AS MOTIVATIONS? the scale. i finally hit a weight that made me so disgusted with myself that i made some major diet changes. and its working. and honestly, after the first week or so, it got pretty easy. i just wish i'd been disgusted with myself 10 lbs ago. Now i just want to wear a size 8 again. two sizes to go.
    WHAT WEIGHT ARE YOU RIGHT NOW? just dipped below 160 last night. i can't believe i'm happy to see a weight that before last year was the most i'd ever weighed in my life (before i blew through it to 170)
    WHAT IS YOUR GOAL WEIGHT? 130 is my dream weight, but 140 is a realistic goal weight for me
    WHEN DO YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE IT? now. :) or before my birthday in august
    WHAT DID YOU CHANGE IN YOUR DIET? no more soda, no more cream & sugar in my coffee, no more breakfast pastry, no more fast food, less red meat, more veggies.

good luck everyone! its hard, but its worth it everytime someone asks me if i've lost some weight!
  • kendrafox
    kendrafox Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am a full time working single mom. When I got pregnant with my son, I ended up gaining 50lbs. I want to set a good example for my son and live a healthy lifestyle and loose weight.

WHAT DO YOU USE AS MOTIVATIONS? My son. I want to set a good example by living a healthy lifestlye. I also want to be able to go into a botique and buy just one item off of the rack.

WHAT WEIGHT ARE YOU RIGHT NOW? Right now I am at 262

WHAT IS YOUR GOAL WEIGHT? My goal weight is 150lbs.

WHEN DO YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE IT? By my 25th birtday, which is March 9th, 2013.

WHAT DID YOU CHANGE IN YOUR DIET? I have cut out chips and most sweets (have a weak spot for Girl Scout Cookies. Espically the lemon ones). I have also been portioning our meals and cutting back on white carbs. I have also removed fried food and switched to baked.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I am 57 years old. I want to have a more active life as a senior. No shopping from a scooter cart for me.

I am having trouble walking, So every painful step reminds me of what I HAVE!! to do.

233lbs

160 would be great

By the end of 2012

Using my food diary. Being mindful of portion size. Drinking more water.
  • aandbthomas1
    Options
    WHAT DO YOU USE AS MOTIVATIONS? My vacation in July to Cancun and hoping to get pregnant this year with a healthy starting weight.
    WHAT WEIGHT ARE YOU RIGHT NOW? Last weigh in was 178.5, will weigh in tomorrow (not feeling very confident)
    WHAT IS YOUR GOAL WEIGHT? Initial goal is 140 and adjust from there
    WHEN DO YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE IT? Preferably by July, but whenever is realistic is when it'll happen
    WHAT DID YOU CHANGE IN YOUR DIET? Portion sizes and measuring foods and I'm giving up soda as a personal challenge this month. I used to drink many in a day then reduced to one a day in February and now I'm trying to give it up altogether. I also started exercising when I joined MFP, but would like to increase to 5x a week this month to help reach my goals.

Feel free to add me, I could use motivating friends who will keep me accountable.
    Bree
  • Maraca
    Maraca Posts: 3
    Options
    I have a fair amount of motivations, however, nothing more so than feeling confident in my bathing suit come summer. I am very outdoorsy and would love to feel more comfortable in my own skin while not being afraid to expose it to the sun. I am planning a return trip to the UK this summer and would love to not have to worry about my weight. I currently weight in at 176, and my goal weight over all would be my BMIs suggestion of 150lbs. I would like to achive this goal by my 24th birthday in August. I have a really random schedule which doesn't allow much meal planning, so I am trying to make that happen as well as hit up the gym more times a week. I'm looking forward to having this group as a support! Thanks!! These cold and snowy Canadian winters tend to get me down lol!
  • MachaXO
    MachaXO Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    WHAT DO YOU USE AS MOTIVATIONS? You guys :), and all the success stories I read! And of course the idea of being confortable in a bikini ..
    WHAT WEIGHT ARE YOU RIGHT NOW? 143 lbs
    WHAT IS YOUR GOAL WEIGHT? 120 lbs
    WHEN DO YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE IT? Hopefully by May.
    WHAT DID YOU CHANGE IN YOUR DIET? Drink more water, reduce my portions. And soon, I'm gonna add exercising.
  • brookenotme
    Options
    WHAT DO YOU USE AS MOTIVATIONS? My best friend who's lost over 50 lbs., the success stories on here, I love watching the biggest loser too
    WHAT WEIGHT ARE YOU RIGHT NOW? 267 down from 294...it's going to take a lot of work but I'm all in
    WHAT IS YOUR GOAL WEIGHT? 150
    WHEN DO YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE IT? I'd love to achieve it by Christmas but so long as I get there I'll be happy
    WHAT DID YOU CHANGE IN YOUR DIET? Excessive snacking and drinking sodas
  • gdkids6
    gdkids6 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    People on MFP and my size 12 clothes that I still have.
    WHAT WEIGHT ARE YOU RIGHT NOW? 168.2

WHAT IS YOUR GOAL WEIGHT? 150 After that I might try for 145.

WHEN DO YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE IT? I hope to be at 150 by July 2012

WHAT DID YOU CHANGE IN YOUR DIET? Eating less fast food, and eating more salads and fruit.
  • BrilliantSugar
    Options
    Ok so the month of March is truly in swing... Just wanted to say good luck to everyone, keep strong and happy monday!
  • ehilgenberg10
    ehilgenberg10 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    So,
    I'm a 39 yo sahm. I love camping, floating around the pool, a glass of wine on the patio and lunch dates with my friends. :) (that sounds a little like a singles ad, no? lol)

Currently I just use pintrest as motivation, and the idea of our boat and looking my very best. I find remembering who I was and who I CAN be is great motivation for me. It's just a matter of remembering.

Right now I am right around 165.

I would like to be 135 at the end. 145 by summer.

1 pound a week with hopefully more like 1.5 - 2 pounds a week for these two months. That means that this will be a long excursion of many months, because I have so much to lose. But hopefully by July I will be 145 and by September I will be 135. Honestly, if I could be 145 by June I'd be happier, but I will be happy with ANY progress.

In all honesty I haven't changed all that much yet, but I'm working on it. More, it's LESS of everything. If I eat fast food I eat LESS and order things without cheese or grilled options. Is fast food a good solution? No, and I'm working on finding a solution to fast food at lunch time that might include making my lunches, but I just haven't made a plan out yet.