I'm so excited! Introduce yourselves!!!

Options
I'm so excited to see all the new members :)

I'm going to start.
My name is Lily. I have been married for a little more than 6 months... have been with the guy for 4 years. We have a dog, her name is Jezebelle, and she is my life! :)

I am a substitute teacher looking for a full time teaching job! I LOVE what I do, and would like to think that I would do 100 times better with a little less weight to carry around! I also have a part time job where I am the asst manager at the Subway in my town. Now most of you would say... YAYY!! FUN! I like my job, and I like Subway (well used to anyways), but I am HORRIBLY SICK OF IT! My logs tend to have at least 1 meal a day from Subway... as we get a free meal when we work! I try to keep it semi healthy, and with little calories, but sometimes I just have to switch stuff up a bit!

Let's see... I can tell you I WANT to lose at least 100 pounds- starting out at 279, and have lost 12.9 punds thus far! Ideally I would like to actually lose 129 go make myself down to 150... but we will see how that goes.

ONE DAY AT A TIME, and if that is too much... ONE MEAL AT A TIME!

Introduce yourself... I'd love to meet you and become friends!

Replies

• Veta145
    Veta145 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a Mom of one active boy and so he is my world. I recently started a new job on 02/27/11 so really busy and having a hard time fitting exercise in my routine. I want to go down to 140lbs I started out at 260lbs and did not know I had lost 15lbs over the past few months out of work. No job will do that to ya I guess. I am now at 245 and looking forward to losing this weight. I had been diagnosed with fibromyalgia which is constant pain all over and so have to push through it and keep going. i hope to reach my goal. I'm also excited.
  • crystaldkelley
    Options
    Hello, I am a stay at home mom to a 2and 1/2 year old, she keeps me on my toes! I have been with her daddy for close to 6 years and we got hitched in November, 11-11-11 to be exact. In highschool I was always the heavy girl never to the point I got made fun of(that much) but now im about 40-60 lbs higher than my highest weight then. I have PCOS and hypothyroidism so losing weight is a bit of a battle for me. I lost 25 or more lbs a few months ago and then stress and such got the best of me so here I am again trying to lose around 100 lbs, I would love to lose more but id be happy with 100. At this point id be happy with anything lol.
    I hope that I can lose weight and get a job once my little girl starts school. I have an associates degree in health care administration but am finding it hard to get a job close to home. Not that I want one right now since we travel the US with her daddy for his job but still if I could line one up in the next couple years that would be great, if not ill be college bound once again to obtain either a teaching or nursing degree(still debating). I find life would be easier in general if I was lighter, I know it was hard growing upfat/heavy and I don't want my child made fun of by the way I look. I want her to be proud of me in ever thing I do. I hope to find some friends to help me stay on track! I have alot od people on my page who have already lost 100 lbs and im thinking HOW, so hopefully we can findthat out together! Please feel free to add me!
  • ChioParis
    ChioParis Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My name is Rocio, I have been married for four years and have a beautiful/spoiled chihuahua whom I adore! I work in an office environment M-F 9-5 type of thing. I have always been heavy, my family loves to eat and cook! Growing up there was no limits on the food we ate, we could eat anything (and I mean anything!) at anytime!! I had a horrible time in school for being heavy, I was bullied a lot. My weight kept increasing through the years due too a poor diet, sedentary life and PCOS. I currently weigh 332, I have lost 11 lbs since I started tracking my calories! My goal is too weigh 160 lbs, I have a loong way to go! It has been hard for me to come to terms with eating healthier, I have been eating freely for 24 years! But I have to do this for my health and for me, after 24 years of carelessness and disregard of my body, it is time to stay on track hopefully with the support of all of you!!

I look forward to meeting all of you and as time progresses, to see all of us reach our weight loss goals!! :)
  • jodieeidoj
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jodie, I am 29 and a mother of two girls. Since I fell pregnant 2 years ago, I have gained over 7 stones, as I had issues during pregnancy which prevented me doing anyexercise. Most days I couldn't even walk further than my local shop. My eldest daughter is 22 months and my baby is 6 months - so they are really close in age. I used to be really confident and would be able to talk to anyone, now I feel anxious even going to the shop, so I stay in all day (would you believe that I haven't had the confidence to even ask anyone on here to be my friend- this is coming from a teacher). Yesterday, I took a big step and joined a few groups. No one ever told me that gaining weight would ever make me feel like this. Anyway enough of my sob story!

I have 100lbs to lose, to get to me back to my original weight of 160, although I would like to get to 150 (anywhere past there and I look emaciated). I am 5ft7 and 3/4- so I never know if to look at the weight range for 5ft7 people or 5ft8 people, having said that I don't pay too much attention to those charts.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting all of you, and I am glad that I am no longer alone:smile:
  • amymckmuffin
    Options
    Hello my name is Amy.

Im 23, got married when i was 18 and moved from australia to ireland, hubby was in collage here at the time. I was anorexic when i was about 13, not on purpose, just didnt realise it was happening until my mother sat me down and told me and streight away i started eating and now im overweight lol.
    I realised it was time to make a change when i looked at myself and saw a person i had always said i never wanted to be. I started at 314lbs, which was when we moved into our own house for the first time, and right away i went down to 305lbs just with a slight change in diet.
    A few months ago i joined MFP and have started to eat way healthier, counting calories and even exercise, which i sometimes find hard and i get severe back pain.Today i was stoked because i weighed in as 301.6lbs which is the lowest iv ever seen!
    Also im a big gamer, WoW, SWTOR and pretty much anything on the ps3!
  • Mallcat11
    Options
    Hello All,

Let's see, I'm 24 and I'm looking to loose about a hundred pounds. I am a full time student and I work full time. It's just me and my spoiled fat cat Lulu. I come from a family of bigger people, and don't think I was made to be a size four, but I would like to get to to a much healthier size 8 or 10. Both of my parents are diabetic, and there is a family history of it. Other than my size I am fairly healthy, at this point I have normal blood suger, normal cholesterol, normal blood pressure and I would like to keep it that way. I've come to a point in my life that I've decided that I want to be happy with every aspect of my life not just parts of it. I know loosing the wieght will also take some of the stree off my joints. I would like to shop in the normal section and not always have to go to the plus size section. I've started dating again, and I would just like to feel more comfortable with myself. I haven't stepped on a scal in awhile, I'm guesstimateing since my last doctors visit, but I guess it is time to bring one into the house.

Anyways glad to meet you all, and to meet people struggling with the same numbers I am.

Let's do this

Katie
  • AutumnsPassage
    AutumnsPassage Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, Autumn Here, I'm in my late twenties and have been a stay at home mom for a few years now -after being a young single working parent for too many years. I'd like to lose around 140lbs within the next two years. Currently going through massive DIY renovations -a gut job- and working towards converting our home into on off grid urban homestead.
  • lilymarie10
    Options
    Welcome everyone! Invite your friends, and sometime before this weekend I will come up with a FIRST competition... or goal... or game... or something! I'm excited. I have a lot of ideas running around in my head, and need to sort them out!! Anyone have any ideas... please feel free to bring them up (you can start a new topic, or just put them here).

I also have diabetes running in my family... and HBP... but all my numbers have come up as normal as of yet. I would like to lose weight to make sure that it stays that way. I also come from a family where food was ok. Watching a movie, have some popcorn, snack before bed... ice cream... going out to eat (fast food most of the time) once a week.... It goes on and on. I was heavy since as long as I can remember, and I was teased when I was in school. I'm not sure why I didn't change things then, but I'm ready now!
  • lrcpt
    lrcpt Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Lori, 44, married, 2 kids. I need to lose 100+ pounds, but I just can't focus on a goal that big! It seems impossible. So, My short term goal is to lose 50 pounds by June 1. We are going to disney world and I want to be able to ride the rides with my family!!! I have already lost 14, so just 36 more in 3 months....I think I can get close to that. If so, it would be a major victory. In my life I have yoyo dieted, up to 80 pounds one time, only to gain it back. I am trying not to "diet" or deprive my self, just eat smaller portions and slowly increase my activity level. I have borderline hypertension, so I am hoping to bring my blood pressure back to normal. I travel alot for my work, so I know how to eat on the road!
  • kma36519
    kma36519 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm Kate. I have two boys, a 15 year old and a 16 month old. Obviously, there's a little bit of space between my kids. :laugh: I work as a program director for a major school district in Houston, buy I worked as an elementary bilingual teacher for 6 years before my current job. I basically create curriculum and assessments, provide staff developments for teachers, and make sure schools are following laws and maintaining the proper documentation. I had 155 pounds to lose when I first started, but I have lost 13 pounds so far. I've been on MFP since January and have found it to be very helpful. I just hope that this is the time I can actually lose the weight! Who knows, perhaps with your support, I can.
  • chubbytiff
    chubbytiff Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Mother of two. I am a stay at home mom and I also have a in home daycare. My days are very hectic and have let my self go. However I am at 31 starting to realize that exercise and healthy eating is a good idea. I want to stick around to see my children grow. I want to be fit enough to run and play with them without having to sit down and take a break. I do not have a supportive extended family and no friends that need to loose the amount of weight that i do. I need this to be the lifesyle change I have been looking for for years. I need support also. I am very excited that I have found this website. I need to loose about 70 pounds.
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    My name is Mary Beth, I live in Henderson, Nevada. I am going to be 50 next month. I am divorced, mother of one grown son and grandmother to a beautiful 2 year old "Princess" named Mia. I have fought this weight issue for years. In April of 2010, I found MFP. I lost 48 lbs using this site. Then I got off track and began to gain the weight back. Recently, very recently, i logged back in and am determined to stick with it. My goal is to break 200 lbs. by June. It was by my birthday but with relapsing on food, that is no longer a realistic goal. I am looking forward to sharing this journey with you all. Thanks and have a successful day!!:drinker: :smile: :happy:
  • rwa3457986
    Options
    Hi! I'm Rosemary, my friends call me Rosie :) I'm 53 and married for 33 years, mom to two, ages 21 and 29. I decided in january to reclaim my health and lose weight! I see so many of my highschool friends getting awful diseases and i do not want to be one of them. I'm eating mainly raw vegan and juicing. I feel better than i ever have my entire adult life ;) I started at 220 and in january lost 30lbs. Feb i lost nada, but lost some inches, so i'm happy. I'm hoping counting calories helps me through the plateau. So i'm at 190 and goal is around 120, depending on how i feel i look. I've commited to walking at the gym everyday and have so far for the past 60 days or so.
  • ChioParis
    ChioParis Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I also live in Henderson! Welcome to the group!
    My name is Mary Beth, I live in Henderson, Nevada. I am going to be 50 next month. I am divorced, mother of one grown son and grandmother to a beautiful 2 year old "Princess" named Mia. I have fought this weight issue for years. In April of 2010, I found MFP. I lost 48 lbs using this site. Then I got off track and began to gain the weight back. Recently, very recently, i logged back in and am determined to stick with it. My goal is to break 200 lbs. by June. It was by my birthday but with relapsing on food, that is no longer a realistic goal. I am looking forward to sharing this journey with you all. Thanks and have a successful day!!:drinker: :smile: :happy:
  • karen504
    karen504 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, My name is Karen I am 30 yrs old. I am a single mom of a 5yr old boy whom I love so much. I am from and live in New Orleans, La. I am proud to be a member of this group. I am going to lose 170lbs. I am very confident that we can do this and I am very motivated now this I have people who can support me through this tuff battle.
  • LMB9508
    LMB9508 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello, my name is Lindsey and I am 27 with around 120-140lbs to lose. I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 4 years in september... We have two beautiful girls an 8 year old and 13 month old. I work for a large financial firm in the legal department. I have struggled with my weight since my first daugther was born and while I was pregnant with my 2nd dautgher I lost 60lbs! Crazy, I know I was dianogised with Thyroid Cancer and the baby reversed my hypothyroid causing me to become hyperthryoid... now that I have had my thyroid removed, I am struggling to lose weight - hoping that eating right and exercising more will lead in the right direction. :tongue:
  • MrsHutcho9988
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Samantha and I am 23 with about 120-130lbs to lose. I have been married for a little over 6 months, and my husband is currently in Australia working while I am in Florida. I recently moved to a new town, and I literally dont know anyone! In the next 6 months I am hoping to re train my brain and jump start my weight loss, because I will be moving to Australia to be with my husband. I am really thankful for a group like this because I feel that its necessary to have support, and its even better when we can have support from people who need to lose as much as we do. If anyone needs a friend like I do to help them stay motivated, please add me as a friend on here, and on Facebook if you like. http://www.facebook.com/missesmarvel
  • delite11
    delite11 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello I'm Dee I've got well over 100+ plus to lose. My weight started of this year at 297 I've lost 8 pounds so far. This is going to be hard but I can do this.... good luck everyone :) My aim is 7 pounds per month.
  • Deinonychus
    Options
    Hi, I'm Gina.

I'm 25, been married for 6 years come March 16th and we've got a 21 month old boy and 4 month old girl. I've always been the fat kid at school and due to teasing and bulls**t I got mean. I'm convinced all the negativity has had a profound effect on my resulting adult life, but that's irrelevant. At 21 we decided to have a baby but had irregular periods and all that. My doc sat me down and said you need to lose weight, probably have PCOS and if you lose weight that will help. I was weighing in at 315 lbs and 5'4. So that's what I did. I dropped 92lbs and everything started working like clockwork. No PCOS. I got pregnant the first month we tried and we had two kids in two years. After the birth of my daughter on 11-11-11 I was back up to 287. On January 3rd I decided to get back on it and not stop til I was happy. Since then I've lost 32lbs but I's like to lose about 130lbs. I'm hoping to get there in about a year to 18 months. I work out pretty much everyday and breastfeed while dieting. I'm doing my best and I'm sure I can do it, we all can!
  • mikda999
    mikda999 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I am Melissa. I a wife to my high school sweetheart of 11 years now. We have two kids, 9 and 3. I am a homeschooling, stay at home mom who is almost always on the go. But somewhere I packed on the weight, eating kid food. Not that I was ever skinny. You will be hard pressed to find pictures of me as a kid because my parents don't want to admit they had a fat kid. I'm working through my childhood issues now.

Anyway, we love backpacking and camping and being with nature. I also love to craft, sew, knit. You name it I might have done it, but I hate paper crafts. I love teaching crafts too. I've taught several ladies at church to knit already this year.

I seriously started with MFP earlier this year and lost 19 pounds already. My main reason is my husband wants to really do backpacking when our youngest son gets to be 6 and I need to fit back into my pack. We a small-ish trip planned for this summer and it's good for closer goal.

It's great to meet so many people in the same boat.

Please feel free to add me as a friend or message me. We all need some help and I'm here if you need it.