Thermometer Jeans Challenge?

Options

Replies

• RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    You'll get there mamareese! I forgot to check this week, it's been a busy one. I'll check tomorrow morning, it will be good motiviation for the weekend.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    I have to take measurements and photos for other challenges this weekend....so, yep, I'll try on my thermometer jeans and see what the down-low is.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I tried them on....I'm not sure if there was a *change*, but I did manage to hike them up about 1/3 of the way up my *kitten*. Maybe 1/2. So, that means I STILL have a ways to go, but, that's okay....it's not a *2-week-challenge*, right??
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    huge fail on my part guys....WAY TO GO!
    As I mentioned, I've had some stuff going and literally, it just occurred to me that I forgot about this/didn't follow through. Proud of you all!
  • RisOnTheRun
    Options
    Great job Beeps! For me, I think just being honest with myself about where I am and where I want to me helps with motivation, so hopefully it'll do the same for you. Next time when you hike them up a little but further you'll know you've made progress!

I tried my thermometer jeans on today and I think it took a little less shimmying this time. They're still WAY too tight to be worn in public, but I think I've made a little bit of progress.
  • arwensb
    arwensb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Still cant get mine up.
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Still working on it! Hopefully the added strength training will help!!
  • GingerBroad
    GingerBroad Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Mine is on, but still not fit for public! Soccer just started up again and hopefully that will really work on the inches. Weight wise i am actually only 3 lbs from my goal, but I feel like it doesn't look like it, so this challenge is perfect!
  • mamareese
    Options
    I'm hoping all the leg workouts pay off here, because that's where my thermometer jeans are a major issue. But the clean eating challenge from the NTHG board should help assist with getting these babies on ASAP!!!
  • RisOnTheRun
    Options
    Well I tried my jeans on again today, and I'd say that they fit a tiny bit better this time around. I measured the distance from the button to button hole again and it was about 2 and a half inches, down from 3 inches. So nothing that anyone is really going to notice, but a step in the right direction, and good motivation for my workout tonight! I've been adding weightlifting to my routine, but I think I need to start lifting heavier weights.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Holy crap, I forgot all about this challenge. Well, since I'm doing photos/measurements this weekend (for other fitness challenges), I'll give my jeans a try.

I confess I'm not hopeful....March was mostly a write-off (due to holiday) - except, of course, I'm being UBER-good this week as I head into PHOTOS.

How long was this jeans challenge, again?? 8 weeks?? I think I might ask for an extension....
  • RisOnTheRun
    Options
    I think it can be as long as you want it to be. For me, it's going to go as long as it needs to until I can actually wear my jeans.

Beeps, it certainly can't hurt to try your jeans. If nothing else, it'll motivate you to make some progress between now and the next time you try them on!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    For pete's sakes, I forgot to tyr on my damn jeans. I will do that this week....but not until Wed or Thurs after I've managed to flush (with water) all the BAD STUFF I did to my body this weekend, lol!!

I'm going to aim to get these jeans on, full bore, by end of April.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Okay, so I tried on the jeans....and, they are about half-way up my bum. So, I think that's better than last time (I'll re-read this thread, for sure)....but, I also think it is UNREALISTIC that I can get these on by end of month. I think I will aim to have them OVER my bum by end of April and then I'll work on the zipper in May.

This is only ONE jean size down....why is it taking me SO much longer than ALL the other HEAVY LIFTERS to drop ONE size!!?????
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    okay people - report in, please!!

(If I'm all alone in this challenge, I'll get MAD!)
  • c3nterstage
    Options
    I want to do this! It sounds like such a good idea! I'm going to go get a pair of jeans this weekend :) do y'all think its better to get a cheap/average pair of jeans to use or to go ahead and pay a little extra for some nice ones?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    For me, I don't know what sort of "figure" I'm going to end up with - i.e. I don't know where I'm going to lose my inches (although I REALLY hope it's my hips/thighs!). So, I'm just using a pair of jeans that I bought 2 years ago, but haven't managed to fit into (yet).
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I have to do measurements and photos next week (Tuesday, I think...), so I'll also whip on these jeans and see where I'm at!! I *can* say that I have certainly not done very well with this challenge, from an 8-week standpoint.

On the other hand, at least I'm still posting....where are all you flakes who joined this thing in the beginning and then just faded away???????????
  • mamareese
    Options
    **FLAKE REPORTING***

I tried my jeans on last night. Can feel a difference. My thighs (bane of my existence) are still snug through the upper thigh/butt area. However, I can tell there is some progress there. Still not any where near fitting in to them but making steps towards it!
  • solarpower4
    solarpower4 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    **FLAKE REPORTING***

I tried my jeans on last night. Can feel a difference. My thighs (bane of my existence) are still snug through the upper thigh/butt area. However, I can tell there is some progress there. Still not any where near fitting in to them but making steps towards it!

Congrats on the progress, Mamareese, even if it's slower than desired. It's still progress - YAY!!!