the group

Options
Hello,

Just added my name to this group. There don't seem to be any postings and I wondered if it was operational. The title fits! Thanks .

Replies

• smackadoodle
    smackadoodle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    hi! I'd love support from my age peers , particularly in exercising. I like a small group so we can get to know each other a bit and really support each other. Steppingstone, you up for it?
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I am up for it! Today was a slow day for me and your cheery note sent me to an exercise video...maybe it is a sign :wink: I like your idea of a small group and hope that within that group we can find some support from another fitness pal.
  • smackadoodle
    Options
    Great! I will feel more compelled to exercise. It is the only way I can lose weight. I look forward to losing pounds with you!
  • khaapala
    khaapala Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Just added my name to this group. There don't seem to be any postings and I wondered if it was operational. The title fits! Thanks .

Yes, the title sure does fit! Hope this group can get a little bigger though... sometimes if a group is too small, it disappears all together and I need some help!
  • steppingstones
    Options
    I hear you! The group does not seem to comunicate on this board but members keep joining. It states I began group but the person that did is no longer active. I keep checking to see posts ...any suggestions??:smile:
  • ginnylee74
    ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Maybe if we all friend each other we can get good support. Khaapala is already my friend. Anyone else interested. If so friend me and we can go from there. It helps to have others to relate to.:flowerforyou:
  • steppingstones
    Options
    ginnylee,
    You got something! That is the way it seems to have worked out. I am happy with a smaller group. Might be easier to give support. I am already friends with all in the group except patti who has never answered any messages. So now I will request you as my friend and we can communicate on the home page. Look forward to getting to know you. Hope that is good for you.:wink: .
  • Punkicoleman
    Punkicoleman Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I just joined this morning and I am a big blabbermouth so that should ramp up the post count. :flowerforyou:

Maybe I should clarify--as long as I am being good I am a big blabbermouth. When I am being bad, I hide. So, if I disappear, please yell at me as it means I am slipping.

Right now my motivation is at an all time high and I am thrilled to have friends with whom I can share my enthusiasm.

Thanks for letting me join!

Punki
  • khaapala
    Options
    I just joined this morning and I am a big blabbermouth so that should ramp up the post count. :flowerforyou:

Maybe I should clarify--as long as I am being good I am a big blabbermouth. When I am being bad, I hide. So, if I disappear, please yell at me as it means I am slipping.

Right now my motivation is at an all time high and I am thrilled to have friends with whom I can share my enthusiasm.

Thanks for letting me join!

Punki

Oh WELCOME Punki! I think this group has tremendous potential. Fitness and health should never be the exclusive property of the young and vigorous. In fact, we probalby need it more! :-)
  • Punkicoleman
    Options
    We most certainly do need it more. We can fake it until we are about 40, and then we need to work at it to maintain flexibility, strength and control our weight.

A couple of weeks ago my doctor commented that by 40 you can pretty much tell which way people are going to go. If they exercise and are careful with their eating, barring any catastrophic illness, their lifestyle really won't change much until they are in their late 80s. If they don't exercise and control their diet, their worlds will just get smaller and smaller until by the time they reach 60, they will be old.

Of course, we can turn it around at any age--it is never too late to get in shape.

My new commitment, as of this morning, is to get up and do as many push-ups and sit-ups (although mine are really more like crunches) that I can, before I can have any coffee. Today I did ten push-ups and 20 sit-ups. I am just going to keep going until I can do 50 push-ups and 100 sit ups. My goal is to have firm arms and abs before my reunion in September.

Hopefully we can bump up the participation and be a real source of support for one another.
  • smackadoodle
    Options
    Hello all!
    I have not been here for a number of days and am glad to see new faces.
    My schedule this past week was busy (fun busy) mostly. I was exercising consistently a little bit longer
    than usual and my eating has been more at a maintenance level.
    Yesterday I got some bad news. My memory has been affected by my 20 plus medications I take for my kidney transplant and other issues. Which I knew... I forget things and get confused by things that didn't bother me 3 years ago. I have to go for further memory testing.
    All I wanted last night was pizza, wine, and a brownie. I settled for chicken, spaghetti squash and some smoked turkey. So I am feeling good about not giving in to eating my emotions last night. I just let myself feel sad for a bit and then pushed my worries aside.
  • steppingstones
    Options
    We are here for you. :love:
  • Punkicoleman
    Options
    I am extremely proud of you, smackadoodle, for making good choices even when you were feeling down.

Don't worry too much about your memory. I don't remember as much as I did three years ago either and I don't even have an explanation, although part of it is probably oblivescence of the disagreeable. :tongue:
  • pattigies
    pattigies Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just added info, but I think I put it in the wrong place! I want to be a part of the 60 yr old group--appears we may have more in common:drinker:
  • ginnylee74
    ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group of 60 year old and older.:flowerforyou:
  • khaapala
    Options
    I just added info, but I think I put it in the wrong place! I want to be a part of the 60 yr old group--appears we may have more in common:drinker:

Welcome. I think we have the makings of a GREAT group! :happy:
  • Punkicoleman
    Options
    I too think we have the making of a great group, but we need to start posting more.

Personally, I am really on a roll and have a target of losing 13 more pounds between now and April 29, so I need all of the help I can get. I carry visions of myself in my beautiful cruise clothes around in my head and pull one out every time I go into the kitchen--that keeps me on the straight and narrow.

My current low-carb plan seems to be working pretty well for me, especially since I always have a batch of Kale Chips on hand to grab for a snack when I am tempted.

What other great tricks do you ladies employ to aid in your weight-loss endeavors?
  • smackadoodle
    Options
    i am claiming YOUR reason for memory loss!
  • smackadoodle
    Options
    I have to get the hang of this....I hope I don't miss anyone's comments. My husband's on some vacation until Tuesday, then I'll have to study this better. How to respond to messages and all. For now... sleep calls.
  • steppingstones
    Options
    Punki,

Could you share your success with making kale chips? I have tried many times and I just don't seem to get them right.

THANKS!:flowerforyou: