DAY 1 - Crazy Sexy Cleanse

Options
ShawtyLatina
ShawtyLatina Posts: 160 Member
Hey Wellness Warriors!!!

This is it. T minus 2 days. Here's the majority of what you need as it's transcribed from the book. The night before, I'll post the daily physical challenge and the other goodies and tidbits. This post will be the longest of the 21 days since it gives loads of new information. Thereafter, as we get the hang of things, you'll notice the posts for each day will get just a lil bit shorter.

Remember that our bodies will at first fight the cleansing process. So it'll get harder before it gets easier. Let's buckle in for the ride and hang on tight. I'm wishing everyone lots of luck. I hope you're excited as I am. Can't wait to hear how it's all going. So plz be sure to check in with the group and keep us posted.

It's Day 1 of the Tune up. Your big task this week is to balance between pushing yourself out of your comfort zone and being gentle with yourself. There's no need to be in it to "win" it. Be in it to do better, feel better, to stretch your self-imposed limitations -- that's more than enough.

Today you will remove coffee completely. Yup, give it up. if you are still consuming animal flesh and dairy, say so long. Since tush is a thing of the past (or at least is for the next 21 days) it's time to add a vitamin B12 and a B complex supplement to your diet. Gluten is out (if you opted). The only way you'll know if you are sensitive to it is to boot it for now. Refined sugars and processed carbs are way out. If you do nothing else, at least all things processed and artificial sweeteners must say sayonara, aka, see ya!

FOCUS
What you focus on for the next 21 days is extremely important. I want you to concentrate on the positive rather than the negative. Instead of "I didn't do it right." I want you to think of all that you did accomplish. To do this, you really need to think about the language you use. We all talk to ourselves. Take stock of what you are saying and remember that your cells have ears! They're listening.

BREAKFAST
Drink a large glass of purified water with lemon, and add a wee dash of cayenne to awaken your circulation (you may also want to add stevia if you need the drink a lil bit on the sweeter side). Follow this with some herbal tea, one to two cups of green or white tea, or yerba mate. When you're hungry, sip 16 ounces of fresh organic green juice or green smoothie (smoothie recipe posted under our Recipe Swap topic and it's also on my blog). If you're still hungry, have more juice and/or smoothie.

LUNCH
Load 60 to 80 percent of your plate with a rainbow colored salad, good fats, and other raw delights. Yummy "peanut" noodles (recipe to be posted), raw veggie pasta, nut pate, and jicama nori rolls are lovely choices. You may not need more. However, the remaining 20 to 40 percent of your plate can be graced with healthy and whole cooked fare (slightly steamed or sauteed veggies, beans, tempeh, tofu, gluten-free grains and pastas, soup, baked sweet potato, or nori rolls, etc). You can go to crazysexylife.com to tap into hundreds of more recipes waiting for you to explore!

SNACK
The juice bar is open and it's cocktail hour! Around 3 to 4 pm, we all crash. Instead of grabbing adrenal smacking stimulants, the new you will guzzle a large and perky green juice! If you want more, go for a handful of raw almonds or brown rice cakes with hummus, or tahini or guacamole, flax crackers, bean dip, and so on. Get creative!

if you're a girl or a guy on the go, bring snacks with you. That way you won't be tempted to swerve into a convenience store or vending machine. A small lunch bag/box with ice packs will keep juice and other perishables fresh. Many stevia brands come in handy packets for your bag or purse, so stock up. Raw nuts and seeds are also great for your desk drawer. Just don't overdo it - these are really nutritious and a great source of good fats, but the calories can add up.

DINNER
Same ratios as lunch - so simple you don't even have to think about it. An average night can be super easy. It can be a lovely salad with romaine, tomatoes, snap peas, hemp seeds, red onions, oil-cured olives, and an easy agave mustard dressing. For the cooked portion, you can make a Buddha Bowl (recipe already posted) with quinoa, broccoli, chick peas, garlic, Braggs liquid (a soy sauce sub), black pepper, cayenne, and some flax oil. Serve yourself a huge portion of salad (60 - 80 percent of the plate) and smaller portion of the Buddha bowl (20 to 40 percent of the plate).

DESSERT
Huh? Well, if ya need it and you don't have a major health issue or a sweet tooth that transforms you into a werewolf, a little dark chocolate (at least 70%), cacao pudding, or a square of carob from time to time won't kill ya. You can make your own chocolate with 100% cacao and stevia. Please note that dessert on a regular basis will slow down the cleanse process. But if you're going to snap without a treat, then snap off a piece of yummy, and STAY ON TRACK!

GOD POD MAINTENANCE
In addition to the daily physical challenge to be sent the night before, MOOOOOOVE!!! Sweat your prayers, walk, run, zumba, play with Fido -- whatever yanks your crank. I urge you to do 35 minutes a day at least five days a week. In addition, make sure to dry brush before you shower. Start at your toes and work up to your nose! If you can do regular saunas, or, even better, infrared saunas, during this time, ooh la la -- speed the success!

TIP
Optimally you want to drink green juice or green smoothies until noon and then add solids at lunch and dinner. However, if you still feel hungry after a couple of juices, wait 20 minutes, and then enjoy a bowl of low-glycemic berries. When consuming fruit, please eat it alone. Other breakfast options include gluten-free toast with Earth Balance or avocado with a dash of sea salt, almond butter with celery, raw cereals or gluten-free cooked cereals, oatmeal, seed pancakes, nut milk, chia pudding, and of course there's always the leftover veggies and grains from the night before! Finally, remember to CHEW!! Can you try 20 chews per bite? If so -- wow, will your tummy and tubes love you.

I'll check in with each of you individually very shortly. Don't forget to add your starting weights and measurements to our check in sheet before Day 1. See everyone at the starting line. Woot woot!!

Replies

• monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Sounds scary and challenging....but I'm up for it!!! Going to the grocery store today to stock up!!!
  • banishthebelly
    banishthebelly Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been reading up on all the crazy sexy diet stuff I can find. It's all so similar to a cleanse I did in January (Natalia Rose-detox4women) Even down to the body brushing and rebounding.
    I'm VERY into it!
    I did the detox 4women for 2 weeks. Then we went to hawaii and I introduced myself to The Cheescake Factory.
    Oops. (but seriously. who doesn't love those cheesecakes??)
    But one thing I continued from that, and it's the same in the crazy sexy diet, is the green juice/smoothie in the morning.
    So I'm looking forward to getting back on board!
    I'm trying to narrow down my goals I hope to achieve from this.
    That's a good one to think about.
  • ShawtyLatina
    Options
    @Banishthebelly... LMAO!!! Girrll! I so hear ya. Super Yumm on those cheesecakes. Kudos though for incorporating some of those good habits for the long term.

Thanks for the info on the detox4women. Gonna spend some time today to look it up.

Glad to have you onboard. I have a feeling we can learn a lot from your prior experience. :)
  • roselose
    roselose Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    aren't we starting sunday? where do I find the recipes ? Seems like everything is in a different spot? Sorry I'm new to this team stuff.
  • ShawtyLatina
    Options
    aren't we starting sunday? where do I find the recipes ? Seems like everything is in a different spot? Sorry I'm new to this team stuff.

I sent everything to your email love. But just in case... Trust all is in the same spot. My guess is that you just have to scroll down to the very bottom of the page and tab through the other pages of posts. There are 3 pages so far, chock full of info.

A quick review: Go to the COMMUNITY tab, Click on GROUPS. You should see the icon for the CSD right there right on your groups page. Once you click on the icon, scroll down past the description and the last 6 or so posts. At the very bottom you'll see the pages to click on to in order to access the other 10 or so posts that are up.

Reach out again if you can't find it. Here for ya. ;