Jumping Jack Challenge

Options
tsherm3850
tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
I hope it's okay that I do this, but I'm going to challenge all team members to do as many jumping jacks as possible (whether it is 10 or 100) and then rest for 5-10 minutes and then do them again. Do this three times. It is not necessary to report back to me how many you've completed. The numbers don't matter to me.

I suck at jumping jacks and thought this is a good high enery impact exercise and will burn more fat than walking 30 minutes. I want to increase the number of jumping jacks that I am able to do. I just need to push myself harder. I am constantly thinking the following:

--I'm sweating
--My arms are going to fall off
--My kids are watching me...and laughing
--My boobs are bouncing too much
--My big picture window where everyone can watch me
--I just ate...I hope I don't get sick
--Maybe I'll just walk instead
--I'm tired
--I need to do laundry and/or dishes
--I've only done 15 jumping jacks????
--I think I'm going to die

I need to concentrate on reaching 50 jumping jacks....if I make it to 40, well at least it is still more than I used to do....then I need to do it two more times. Ugh! Here go again with the excuses. I just need to tell myself the following:

JUST DO IT!!!!

I had less than charming words that I really want to say, but I'll settle for Just Do It! I hope there are others that want to join my mini challenge. Good luck!

Replies

• Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'd love to push myself to do 300 a day with 30 sec breaks in between each set of 50
  • tsherm3850
    Options
    I'd love to push myself to do 300 a day with 30 sec breaks in between each set of 50

Holy shet girl! You're a monster!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Oh Tina.. I forgot to tell you, I drove by and watched you working out yesterday through that big picture window :P :laugh:

LOL just kidding! I told you I wouldnt drive by, I'd be safe and park!

Bwaahahhaahhaha! Lots of love! :laugh:
  • luvlyjanny
    luvlyjanny Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    aww i saw this too late!! just got back from an awesome gym workout and ive had a shower :(!! i will definitely attempt it tomorrow somewhere between swimming, karate and cycling lol i'll skip the cycling and do at least 100 jumping jacks before swim time
  • kms7035
    kms7035 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Just got up and tried this... got to 150 in a row before dying lol. I like this, I'll def try to push it harder tomorrow!
  • captainlindarg
    captainlindarg Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Oh Tina.. I forgot to tell you, I drove by and watched you working out yesterday through that big picture window :P :laugh:

LOL just kidding! I told you I wouldnt drive by, I'd be safe and park!

Bwaahahhaahhaha! Lots of love! :laugh:

Hahahaha! You guys are awesome. I love the idea of this challenge. Noooo idea how many I can do, I've never tried to count!
  • ReneeOfTheFae
    Options
    Ooh! I like this! I've tried jumping jacks for a minute, but haven't been able to make it past 20secs. Maybe this will increase my stamina! Giving it a go tomorrow. I'll do it three times a day until Thursday and see what kind of progress I can make. Great idea!!
  • tsherm3850
    Options
    Going to do my jumping jacks....Why did I ever post this subject?
  • irsleepy2
    irsleepy2 Posts: 47
    Options
    I just read this (& had to laugh, lol) ...but I'm in!
    I'll start tomorrow :)
  • justkate2
    justkate2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This sounds great going to start today. thanks for the challenge
  • chefswife_00
    Options
    I just finished my workout and read this. I'm starting tomorrow!! I have no picture window in the front, but the sliding doors leading to the deck. The deer will get a good chuckle that's for sure!! :laugh:
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I just finished my workout and read this. I'm starting tomorrow!! I have no picture window in the front, but the sliding doors leading to the deck. The deer will get a good chuckle that's for sure!! :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • tsherm3850
    Options
    :blushing: :laugh:

I hate my window.