please assess and improve me!

Options
jb32hss
jb32hss Posts: 23 Member
hi guys :) thanks for adding me to this group, its just what ive been looking for. anyway i was hoping i could report my routine and some of you guys could tell me how to improve and better myself..

MFP gives me a 1240 calorie allowance, i am roughly 5ft 2 and weight 110lb as of today :) i know its not much but as im so short i have excess fat around my belly, bottom and thighs that i want to get rid of and tone up..

Tuesdays Legs, Bums and Tums for 45 mins.
Wednesdays Zumba Tone for 45 mins.
Thursdays Bokwa for 45 mins and then a Step class/Legs, Bums and Tums for 45 mins.
Fridays Zumba for 45 mins.
sundays and mondays are out of the question due to uni work..

the gym i attend has just been built, so not much of a choice for the classes at the mo but they are reviewing and adding more shortly. i have just done my gym induction so i can access this now.

it will be a massive help if someone can give me some pointers in how to improve.

Thanks, Jennifer :)
xx

Replies

• Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi Jennifer. Welcome to the group. You really look good and I don't think that you really need to lose any weight. Just continue with the toning. I have found that we can not spot reduce. It is best to lose weight in the stomach by losing pounds. It may help to do some more ab work. Try some planks. They really do the job. It is also good that you are giving yourself a break from your routine. Keep up the good work !!!

Becky
  • jb32hss
    jb32hss Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi beck, thanks for the quick relpy :) thankyou :) I have started the mfp just got get rid of the access fat really, as I feel if I just toned I wouldn't be able to see it. No I understand that, which is a shame! Lol. I don't like to use the scales too much as I know muscle weighs more than fat, it would be good to know my body fat percentage though. Thanks for the advice :)

Jennifer
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Look in the tool section. There are tools for calculating things. Just remember that even if you have some extra fat, it won't show as much due to the muscle on top of it. You can look great with a few extra pounds on you. :bigsmile: Got to love that about using weights and toning.

Becky
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I can't really tell what you are eating, but if you want to try changing up your macros and trying to eat more protein, you might find it easier to lose fat.
    Look at the other threads in this group, there are some things you could try to lose the last few pounds-intermittent fasting, high-intensity interval training, and clean eating are some suggestions.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Jennifer, put your diary setting to read public. We can then see what you are eating and may be better able to help you.:heart:
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennifer!

I would recommend trying to get a reading your body fat - does your gym have trainers? If so, one of them should be able to test you.

Also, this is coming from my personal experience but a lot of women's idea of toning or working a certain muscle group is, eh, shall we say, lacking. Check out the links and helpful resources...they have a lot of information about what your workouts should look like and you can *kitten* from there. New Rules of Lifting for Women is my personal favorite because it distilled a lot of the information in those links in one readable book for with workouts for 6 months and nutrition information.

Last, look at your eating! Unfortunately no amount of gym time will make up for a poor diet so clean it up and sweet the small stuff (most of the time :)

Kate