Traveling tips?

Options
I'll be honeymooning in Paris in a few weeks (!!!!) and I won't have a fridge in our hotel. Anybody have any advice on portable non-refrigerated snacks that I could take with us that are also Dukan-friendly? I've been relying heavily on yogurt and deli turkey to get through the days ...

I'm thinking that the week we're there, I can eat omlettes for breakfast, making lunch relatively unnecessary (maybe a small salad) and then have meat for dinner. But I don't want to totally miss out on Parisian food either, so, yes, there will be a pastry or macaroon or whatever. But if I can have something in my purse for afternoon munchies, I'll be much better off when I get back.

I'm also thinking of what I could take on the plane. I don't think yogurt can pass through security?

Replies

• elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Just so you know-- in Europe they don't keep eggs in the fridge. So, if you have a stove- you can make eggs anyway you like. When I was in paris-- I had to make Poached eggs for the very first time ;) Tuna is something you can buy in bulk and throw in your suitcase-- it will be more expensive there. if you're stopping off at the store there-- you can get some smoked salmon (lox), fat free yogurts, sliced turkey breast-- for snacks. Remember- Dukan is originally a "french" diet, so they will for sure be familiar with it -- have a great time. I went to Paris 2x both for 10 days-- and it is a beautiful place. If you want something out of the ordinary- go check out the catacombs, and the river cruise pass -- is a GREAT way to get around if you are within walking distance. Have fun!

PS--- DONT FORGET TO PACK YOUR OAT BRAN!!!
  • notgivingup2012
    Options
    ive never been there before but France is where Dukan originated from. I bet if you even tell people your on Dukan Diet they'll give suggestions there. Good luck :)
  • jaxson65
    jaxson65 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine in France you can go to the supermarket and they'll have it all there. Crab sticks and yoghurt in abundance, ham and eggs etc. There is lots of steak and omelettes in the cafes and restaurants too. Eating out will be fine too they don't overload you with vegetables anyway. I think the most important thing is that you are on your honeymoon and you should be enjoying the moment rather than worrying about what you can eat. You can get back into the swing of it when you come home. Have a lovely time.
  • KSpinola
    KSpinola Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh a honeymoon in Europe! How fantastically romantic experience. A honeymoon in Europe and your going to think about Dukan? How impressive! Go for the foil packed tuna.
  • losinglbs0208
    Options
    Just to clarify, I'm totally not going to obsess over my diet in France. I mean, it's my freakin' HONEYMOON and I'll be in PARIS! But I don't want to carbo load all the time and feel ill, either. I'm just hoping to figure out a way to make my meals mostly protein so I can have some pastries when I really want them. And I don't want to eat three restaurant meals per day either (expensive and too much food to feel comfortable) so I just want to have some good ideas for snacks that can double as meals, ya know?