new to group, want to say hi

Options
doubleh64
doubleh64 Posts: 20 Member
Hello all. I just joined myfitnesspal today after stepping on the scale and realizing that since I quit smoking 47 days ago, I have gained 10 pounds! Four days ago I also stopped using the patch, so now I don't even have that little bit of nicotine to suppress the appetite and stimulate the metabolism so I must get even more diligent about the healthy eating and exercise. I started my quit very overweight so I really cannot afford any more extra weight on me. Wish me luck!

Replies

• patiencez2
    patiencez2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Wishing you Luck Dear. It is hard but you can do it. I keep on one day at a time.
    I have 11 months of non smoking behind me.Still battleing the weight thing. But I will over come it!
    Here is to us doing it togeather. *smile*
  • doubleh64
    Options
    Thank you. Love your positive attitude. :)
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Good luck from me too! Don't worry, it will be tough in the beginning but I'm sure you will made it!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Good luck! We must have quit around the same time. I'm somewhere around 50 days too. Quitting does mess with your metabolism a bit, but if you substitute healthy behaviors, you CAN win the weight battle - take advantage of your clean lungs and up the exercise :-) And if you still have the munchies, try to keep veggies and fruits around so you'll have something 'safe' to munch on when a craving hits. Oh, and lots and lots of water :-) Congrats on getting this far!
  • doubleh64
    Options
    Thanks all. I am just starting out and trying to get used to this tracking but I love seeing it all there in black and white for me! I have done some form of exercise every day so far and am trying to incorporate as many vegetables into my diet as I can in a day. I love water so I have no problem there. The hardest part is controlling the bread and pasta portions, two of my favourite things! :)