Whats for Dinner tonight?

Options
I think its fun to share ideals and I was very surprised when I woke up and my group I just stared last night as 63 members!!! WOW!!! I think we will have fun with this group. This morning I had tuna with light mayo on toast. im not much on breakfast items. Someone said the fruit flavor oatmeal was a terrible choice. Now I hope I get some post on Dinner ideals for tonight. I wanna welcome you all to the group. Have a great Thursday. Im new on this website so bare with me on how things work! Betty

Replies

• barbarella90
    Options
    Just joined this group. Would love to get different recipes for weight loss and health. Especially when someone else has already tried them and also what "tweeks" can be done to make the recipe even better. Looking forward to sharing with you all. Enjoy your day.
    Barbara
  • paulamhunt
    paulamhunt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Tonight I am making pork stir fry with garlic broccoli. I will have brown rice and frozen peas with it. It's a new recipe (for me) from the Biggest Loser. I am looking forward to making it. Only 194 calories (my version - edited out veggies family doesn't like).
  • HisMissus
    HisMissus Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've just joined the group but I'm eating out tonight, a chance to finally catch up with an old friend.

Last night I made a satay sauce using 1tbsp brown sugar, 1tbsp soy sauce (reduced salt) 2tbsps lime juice and 15g of reduced fat peanut butter. Made plenty for 2 portions and calculated as 67cals per portion. I stir fried (no oil) some veg, added cooked noodles, then added my sauce. I had it with dry fried quorn and Hubby had prawns with his. Much tastier than shop bought though I think next time I might reduce the amount of lime juice. I also might try crunchy peanut butter another time.
  • jorge2657
    Options
    We have had a very busy weekend. We went to Oyster Festival This weekend. So its been alot of seafood eating. We had raw, fried and stewed oyster this weekend along with baked Tilipa!!! I might I over done it on The fried Oysters. I hope everyone has had a great weekend.
  • paulamhunt
    paulamhunt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Last night was "Breakfast" - homemade egg mcmuffins with 1/2 c frozen strawberries and coffee to drink. Tonight is tv dinners - have a meeting and my son's concert after work tonight. It's not too healthy, but it's quick. And it doesn't happen all the time.
  • jorge2657
    jorge2657 Posts: 14
    Options
    Steamed Spiced Shrimp!!!
  • jorge2657
    jorge2657 Posts: 14
    Options
    Crockpot Lasanga
    Makes 8 servings,

Ingredients
    1 1/2 lbs lean ground turkey
    1 large onion, chopped
    2 Tbsp minced garlic
    1 lb fat free mozerella
    12 oz fat free cottage cheese
    1 tsp Italian seasoning
    salt & pepper to taste
    8 oz no-bake lasagna noodles
    30 oz tomato sauce
    6 oz tomato paste
    1 cup mushrooms, sliced
    1/2 green pepper, chopped

Instructions
    In a frying pan, brown turkey with onion and garlic. Add spices and tomato sauce and paste, stirring over medium heat until warm all the way through. Mix cheeses in seperate container. Layer 1/3 meat sauce, 1/3 noodles, 1/3 cheese, and 1/3 vegetables in crockpot. Repeat 2 more times until all ingredients have been used. Cook on low 4-5 hours.