New day today

Options
I got news yesterday that a good friend of mine's Cancer has spread.
Emotional me soothed it over with food.
Today I'm trying to make better choices.
From your posts I see that a few of you are able to not eat before going to bed.
By then I'm starved. Eating only a snack at work I feel supper is in order.
Not sure really what I should be eating on this goofy shift and when.
Really appreciate you all.

Cyndi

Replies

• WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Very sorry to hear about your friend. I lost my best friend about 13 years ago to cancer, I was crushed, I have yet to find a friend like him.

Eating, I think of my day as opposite of everyone else. I go to bed at 10am just as day workers would go to bed at 10pm. When I wake up at 5pm I eat breakfast just as people who wake up at 5am would eat breakfast. I go to work at 11pm so I eat "lunch" at 1am and then eat dinner when I get home at 8am.

Hope this helps
  • startrekteddy
    startrekteddy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    That's what I have been doing too, but recently I was told not to do that.
    It would be good to find out from a nutritionist the rational.
    Sorry about your friend too. Good friends can never be replaced but keep your heart open.
    Maybe someday there will be space enough for an additional friend.

Cyndi
  • redtop2187
    redtop2187 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You and your friend are in my prayers. I work 7pm-7am in an ER. My family's schedule at dinner time is extremely not regular from day to day. If I'm hungry when I wake up, I will eat whatever I want (sometimes breakfast items, sometimes dinner, sometimes a salad). I have found that if I fulfill my taste buds with what they want from the get go, there are less cravings during the night. Since I usually don't have time to sit for a whole meal, I have started packing grab and go snacks. I keep them on me or at the desk. EX's: celery and peanut butter, cereal no milk, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, nuts, air popped popcorn minus salt. All of these snacks I measure out to ensure serving sizes. I am trying to get in the habit of making my snack bags on the days I don't work so I can sleep longer on the stretch of days I am working, thus not being sleep deprived I can say no to sodas and sweets better!