New Girl

Hi everyone -Im Rachel. Nice to meet you! I live in Houston, TX with my 2 Australian Shepherds. I am currently getting my BA in Interactive Design. I love to chat so if there is anything you want to know just ask!

Replies

• MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Welcome Rachel!

I've got be honest, though. Originally, I thought this thread was going to have something to do with how cute the scruffy guy on New Girl is.

But hi :)
  • haha! well thank you! ;p
  • Hi! nice to meet you :)
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Hi Rachel! My partner and I also live in Houston. Welcome!
  • Oh that's awesome! nice to meet you (both!)
  • Smiler106
    Smiler106 Posts: 124 Member
    Where were all the lesbians hiding when I went to Houston!! I've spent 6 weeks there (for work, oil field) in the last 2 years, I felt like a total alien I think I can count on one hand the number of gay people I saw.
  • oh trust me there are about half a ton of us. Next time you come around Houston let me know and I will show you!!
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Welcome! Houston here, too!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Hi Rachel! I'm in Tx too.. 6 hours south of you. :)
  • woohoo! yay Houstonians!
  • KaseyWolf
    KaseyWolf Posts: 122 Member
    Welcome! Lots of great people on the boards here. Good luck with your health goals! I'm north of you in Okiehoma :)

Kasey
  • kieva626
    kieva626 Posts: 191 Member
    Hi Rachel!!!!! welcome!
  • thanks for the warm welcomes - feel free to add me! I love to chat :)
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Where were all the lesbians hiding when I went to Houston!! I've spent 6 weeks there (for work, oil field) in the last 2 years, I felt like a total alien I think I can count on one hand the number of gay people I saw.

I'm guessing you never made it to the Montrose area :) Though frankly, we're everywhere!
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Hi Rachel! Welcome to the group. I have family in TX and visit often. I'd go to school there, if I wasn't attached to my pups. Doggies not allowed in the dorms.
  • uk_james
    uk_james Posts: 52 Member
    Hi! I don't live anywhere close to Houston (short swim across the Atlantic to the UK). Hello anyway ;)
  • hummerseeker
    hummerseeker Posts: 17 Member
    Hey New Girl! Rachel :)

I am the "other half" of thekarens. Just wanted to welcome you onboard! I am also an artist of sorts. Feel free to add me to your friends list!
  • thanks os much - you guys are so warm and welcoming!
  • malkb27
    malkb27 Posts: 40
    Hi! I visited Houston once. I was surprised that it had palm trees, lol!

I'd love to live in Austin one day, but I doubt my fiancee will move to such a warm climate!
  • Hi Rachel.. Welcome!