What are you doing to achieve this goal?

Options
Hi everyone, I was just wondering what some of you are doing to try and achieve this goal? I'm going to the gym 5-6 days a week for 45-60 minutes each time. I think I will get up a little earlier to do my ab ripper before work...starting tomorrow. I will also cut all bad snacking, chips and junk food out of my diet. What about you?

Replies

• Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    More calories burned..And more tone definition. Welcome.
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Hello folks,

I'm going to walk more, this is the second week running I've given up the car for someone else to use.
    I'm going to be walking to work again.
    In my home gym I have a Nordic Track Elliptical, a stationery bike, a rower, a wobbler exercise plate and all manner of weights and balls. So I'm going to spend longer using these things. Oh I forgot I must go to Double Zumba class on Thursdays more regularly because they are great fun and an excellent calorie burn.

I'm going to cook more home made food and watch what I eat.

And of course DRINK MORE WATER!!!

:blushing:
  • Redhot46
    Redhot46 Posts: 86
    Options
    I'm hoping to break my 12 month plateau

I've started by varying my exercise - and trying to cut out 'snacks' which I'd always incorporated into my day - or changing the snacks to more low cal fruit options
  • KnotNow9295
    Options
    Since starting on MFP in January, I have been doing walking videos each morning (just a few missed days). And though it's been effective (15 lbs down in Jan/Feb), I'm ramping things up for this challenge.

Each afternoon/evening I'm doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I'm choosing to spread out my workouts in hopes that my metabolism stays fired up.

Oddly enough, I'm also increasing my calories just a little - as much as 150 per day over my usual 1200. Gotta fuel those extra workouts.

I will also:
    1. Drink all my water (10 cups per day).
    2. Food choices centering around lean protein, fruits and veggies.
    3. Protein shake each morning within 30 minutes of waking. (Added benefit of this: My nails are the longest and strongest they've been in all my adult life - no joke.)
    4. Log daily and encourage my pals right here!!!

- jennifer
  • ice99706
    ice99706 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm going to watch what I eat and cut my carbs and stay within my calorie limits. I joined the 30 minutes/30 days challenge. Exercise a lot more. Right now, my favorite exercise is snow shoeing, totally enjoying the fresh air. I also want to do more of the kettlebell exercises to tone my upper body.

Good luck everybody.
  • drmattski
    drmattski Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I can probably achieve this goal by cutting out the junk food and snacking. This probably accounts for 1,000-2,500 caloriees a day for me (I apparently take my snacking pretty seriously!). Fortunately I do like to exercise, so i can usually drop weight pretty easily once I put my mind to it, unfortunatley I really like to eat, so I slip back into my old habits very quickly....then I ust say screw it and stop paying attention to what I eat. Problem is, I feel like crap when I eat the junk, then I eat more junk...a vicious circle I tell ya!

Hoping that I can make new "LIFE LONG" habits with your support. I feel this is a two-way street - so hopefully I can be a source of inspiration and motivation for all of you as well!
  • catdoc1
    catdoc1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to follow along..
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to follow along..

Hey you are not following along matey.
    You are a leader and you are going to inspire us all!!!!!
    Especially food wise sharing your great wisdom!

So no feeble remarks like that or else! :explode:

( was that scary enough:bigsmile: )
  • oryngejuice
    Options
    On March 1st I started the 30 Day Shred (Jillian Michaels) but unfortunately I haven't noticed any weight loss yet!
    I am definitely toning up and gaining muscle mass, but I still would like to lose the 20lbs.....any tips?
    I think I'm going to change my diet to an almost no-fat diet (I'll only be getting the fat from lean protein), but does anyone have any other ideas?

Keep up the good work! I'm sure everyone is looking fab!