Week 1 Goal(s)

Options
amccord2
amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
Hello Everyone!

I am so excited to begin this journey with Les Mills Pump & You! If you have not recorded your weight & measurements in the spreadsheet, please do so as soon as you can. This link can be found in the Pre-Chat thread.

So.......what are your goals for this week? Please share nutrition, exercise, stress relief, or any other fitness goal(s) you can make for this week. Then, let's check in next week to see how well we did! One week at a time, we can inspire each other, and build a lifetime of lasting, healthy habits!

KIA KAHA!

Replies

• mjstallworth
    mjstallworth Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... goal..... I guess my goal for this first week is to do 3 days of LMP. I have been pretty consistent about running 2-3 days a week since the first of the year; but I've been less than diligent about cross-training (I'm considering LMP my X-training). If I can manage to do it at least 3 days a week during this challenge, I will consider it a success.

KIA KAHA!
  • amccord2
    Options
    Hmmm... goal..... I guess my goal for this first week is to do 3 days of LMP. I have been pretty consistent about running 2-3 days a week since the first of the year; but I've been less than diligent about cross-training (I'm considering LMP my X-training). If I can manage to do it at least 3 days a week during this challenge, I will consider it a success.

KIA KAHA!

Wow! That's great to be able to run 2 to 3 day a week! That will really help with toning. I used to jog about three years ago, but I developed plantar fasciitis, so I have not added running back into my workout. However, I do like the treadmill.

Doing LMP for three days this week sounds like a great goal! Good luck!
  • alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Goals:
    1) Log every day (estimate if I have to)
    2) Average Calories per day over the week to be no more than 1,600
    3) Run/Walk * 2
    4) Pilates * 2

I have a wedding this weekend, so will probably go over my calories, but last week I went over so badly my average ended up being 1800 per day, so 1600 per day average will be an improvement, despite being higher than the calories I'm allowed!
    That's also why I haven't got much exercise, I won't be able to do much while I'm away - perhaps just a walk each day or something.
  • jeepie98
    jeepie98 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My goals:
    1) Log everyday
    2) Stay on track with training for 10K (end of April)
    3) Do Flow & Pump Challenge 2-3x a week - once 10K done I'll be more dedicated to program schedule

look forward to seeing everyone's progress! Pump It!
  • honey1017
    honey1017 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My goal this week is to LMP three days and run three days.
    I am also going to make a concerted effort to limit my carbs.

Lets do this people :bigsmile:
  • seaglass2
    Options
    My goal this week is to do Pump challenge 3x along with other exercise activities. I track my workouts with a HRM and have committed to a 3500 calorie burn this week
  • amccord2
    Options
    Goals:
    1) Log every day (estimate if I have to)
    2) Average Calories per day over the week to be no more than 1,600
    3) Run/Walk * 2
    4) Pilates * 2

I have a wedding this weekend, so will probably go over my calories, but last week I went over so badly my average ended up being 1800 per day, so 1600 per day average will be an improvement, despite being higher than the calories I'm allowed!
    That's also why I haven't got much exercise, I won't be able to do much while I'm away - perhaps just a walk each day or something.

That sounds good. You can walk in the fitness room at the hotel if you're up for it.
  • amccord2
    Options
    My goal this week is to drink four bottles of water. I am having the hardest time getting my water in. I always drink one with my workout, but the others are hard to come by after I have had my coffee. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have read that you shouldn't drink too much at one sitting.
  • niqua215
    niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My goal this week is to drink four bottles of water. I am having the hardest time getting my water in. I always drink one with my workout, but the others are hard to come by after I have had my coffee. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have read that you shouldn't drink too much at one sitting.

Try flavoring your water. Hawaiian Punch singles or Crystal lite singles are only 10 calories. I drink a bottle of water with every meal, even with snacks.
  • ronitabur
    ronitabur Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    amccord2 - I too have a hard time with water. I drink a lot - coffee and diet pop mostly, but I do get a lot of water at the gym. My coworker keeps a 1 gallon jug of water at her desk, and it's gone by the end of the day. What i've been doing lately is buying LaCroix Sparkling Water - it has the bubbles and the scent of fruit, but no sugar or artificial sweetners. I enjoy it more than plain water.

All of you have such nice, well-defined goals. Here are mine:

1. Log every day
    2. Try for the first time...Drumroll... Les Mills Bodypump class at the YMCA on Thursday!
    3. Take LM CXWork class on Saturday and LM BodyFlow on Sunday. (I LOVE these two classes!)
    4. Do my regular weight traning (3 days) and cardio throughout the week.

As our Bodyflow instructor says, smile when you exercise!!! :happy:
  • amccord2
    Options
    @ronitabur
    Thanks for the ideas to get more water in each day! You also have set some great goals! Good luck at your first gym class at the Y, and let us know how it goes!
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My week 1 goals:
    Take my one week photos and measurements.
    Follow the schedule I have made (with Pump and Turbo Fire every other day) with NO excuses.
    Keep up my protein. Be at or above my goal every day - I find it hard to eat enough protein.... snacks are usually carbs.
  • mjstallworth
    Options
    Well, I failed Week 1. 0/3 for the week. Things were just too busy and stressful and I didn't make my goal at all. I barely got in 3 runs this week. And I ate quite badly as well. But onward and upward! On to Week 2!

KIA KAHA!
  • amccord2
    Options
    Well, I failed Week 1. 0/3 for the week. Things were just too busy and stressful and I didn't make my goal at all. I barely got in 3 runs this week. And I ate quite badly as well. But onward and upward! On to Week 2!

KIA KAHA!

Let's not use the word "failed," or any form of it. Instead, let's reflect, keeping our weight-loss/fitness goals in mind as such: What? So What? Now What?

WHAT?—What have you learned from your food/exercise diary?
    SO WHAT?—What difference does it/did it make?
    NOW WHAT?—What can you do with this information to make progress in the weeks to come?
  • amccord2
    Options
    I did not reach my goal of 4 bottles of water each day, but I received a great tip to have one with each meal and snack.

I believe I can flush more water out and help with my weight loss goals, if I drink more water.

NOW WHAT?—What can you do with this information to make progress in the weeks to come?
    I will begin a bottle with each meal and snack and finish it before the next meal/snack.
  • uniquemoves
    uniquemoves Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Got my package on Wednesday, did a trial run on Thursday and nothing Friday-Sun.. so my first week wasn't the greatest but my goal for week 2 is I will definitely do at least 4 days!!

Kia Kaha!!
  • mjstallworth
    Options
    I really appreciate the way you're looking at things. I know it was just a low-energy, high-stress week. They happen and I need to be able to cope with that. At least I ran.

Let's not use the word "failed," or any form of it. Instead, let's reflect, keeping our weight-loss/fitness goals in mind as such: What? So What? Now What?