Running success

Options
mlb929
mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
I used the FIRST training from the book Run Less Run Faster. I also used the new P90X2 for cross training. I ran my half marathon yesterday. I took 10 minutes off my last pr and 13 minutes off my last race. I came in 64th for my age group and 303 overall for the race the field was 6k I'm pretty pleased overall.

This book and training program is not a beginner book. I had a good base to begin with. I'm running 2 halfs in the next two months and debating a full for June. I'm going to use this program to train for my October marathon.

Replies

• girlontherun5
    girlontherun5 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations :)
  • scotrunner
    Options
    That is amazing, well done! So did the book live up to the title? Did you run less often and still get faster?
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    That is amazing, well done! So did the book live up to the title? Did you run less often and still get faster?

Absolutely! I trained at a faster than expected pace- my last PR was 9:57 MPM - I trained for 9:40 MPM and actually ran a 9:08 MPM.
  • sakamanojr
    sakamanojr Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on those awesome results and for giving all of us excellent feedback.
    I have always thought that I need to increase my mileage to get faster.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm following the FIRST training program for my marathon this spring. It will be my 5th full marathon and I'm hoping by shaking up my training routine I'll get a big PR.