90-Day Challenge Week 2

Options
amccord2
amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
Hello everyone!

What a week! I have enjoyed collaborating with all of my fitness pals this week! It really helps me get up and get going. The last day to post your weight for this week is Monday. If you are just starting, put your same start weight in each week until you are up to week 2. Let’s encourage any group members if we notice they have not logged in for a few days.

Reflections: Reflecting is so important for any goals, not just fitness. So, let’s go back to our Week 1 Goal(s) thread and post reflections on how we did last week, sticking to our goals. Thanks, mjstallworth, for getting us started! Then, let’s set a new one or ones for Week 2.

We have an awesome group! I have learned so much, from healthy snacks to HRMs.

Reminder: Enter your measurements on the spreadsheet. It is so important to keep track of measurements with this weight-lifting program because at times, we may see more results in inches lost than weight-loss, and we want to stay encouraged. And, having all of the facts will help us make informed decisions on our eating and exercise.
Measurements: The measurement sheet is the second sheet; click on the word (measurements) at the bottom of the page. Let's add ALL of the inches together for the following parts, and enter every 4 weeks (start Monday with weight):
1. chest (under the breasts for females; I think we only have 1 male at this time)
2. waist
3. left arm
4. hips
5. left thigh
Add all inches together and place in spreadsheet. Of course you can keep track of each separately for your own records.

As always, I welcome everyone's input. Let me know if you have any trouble accessing the spreadsheet. Just copy the url below, and paste in your address bar.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah6LyUGCQOGQdGVTU09wV3dISkxQemgtVGdvcjhZeXc

Replies

• uniquemoves
    uniquemoves Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Let's make some things happen during week 2!! Make it an even better week than last :)

Kia Kaha!
  • amccord2
    amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I agree with uniquemoves!
  • honey1017
    honey1017 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am enjoying my workout routine. Three days weight training with LM and three days of running. I am schedule to run my first 5k at the end of thr month (yeah me)
    Nontheless....for some reason I am not burning a lot of calories from the strength training. I changed the battery on my device but I still barely break 100 calories. This is discouraging but I am going to keep at it.
    Last night I started Pump and Shred and I certainly am feeling it today so I believe I am doing the exercise correctly.
    Any suggestions?
  • nursegnet
    nursegnet Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Will weigh, measure and log today.
    My first week of Pump was great! How I missed doing bodypump! These DVD's are an awesome substitute!
    Will continue to do pump and burn.
    I'm still trying to finish 30 day shred so I will do that in between.
  • mjstallworth
    mjstallworth Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I may be wrong, but I was always under the impression that you may not burn a lot of calories *during* weight training, but by building and strengthening muscles, you end up burning calories for a lot longer *after* the work out is done. So I don't look to burn a lot during the workouts. I can understand how that could be discouraging for some, but I like the idea of "afterburn" and that motivates me to strength train. Plus the little bicep I see trying to pop out of my arm. LOL
    I am enjoying my workout routine. Three days weight training with LM and three days of running. I am schedule to run my first 5k at the end of thr month (yeah me)
    Nontheless....for some reason I am not burning a lot of calories from the strength training. I changed the battery on my device but I still barely break 100 calories. This is discouraging but I am going to keep at it.
    Last night I started Pump and Shred and I certainly am feeling it today so I believe I am doing the exercise correctly.
    Any suggestions?