1000 Jumping Jacks a day Challenge

Options
neesa11
neesa11 Posts: 51 Member
I am going to try and do 1000 jumping jacks a day which would be about 500 calories a day by the end of the week we would have burned 3500 which is the amount of calories needed for a pound !!! Anyone want to give this a shot with me?!??!?!

It really doesnt take that long and we could break it up in to 10 sets of 100 reps throughout the day

Replies

• KylaCook
    KylaCook Posts: 1
    Options
    Will do!
  • neesa11
    Options
    I am going to the rowing machine with it and Im going to do 10 sets of 5 minutes rowing and 100 jumping jacks :) its gonna be killer!
  • LinLud
    LinLud Posts: 6
    Options
    WOW - sounds like a great workout.
    I am going to try to accomplish my jumping jacks by the end of the day. I am hoping that I can get my students to help me achieve this goal tonight when I am at my gymnastics class. I will have them do some of my 1000 with me :)
  • ehilgenberg10
    ehilgenberg10 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Sounds tough, but I will give that a try, because it'd be an easy way to add exercise in all day long!
  • neesa11
    Options
    FINISHED! it was way hard! But felt great!!
  • aandbthomas1
    Options
    I'm modifying this for myself to every other day. Finished 1000 today :happy:
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    ill do this one but ill start tomorrow ;)) wow i love this!!! :))
  • neesa11
    Options
    Thats great that you are giving it a shot!! :) let me know how you do!
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    How many minutes do you think 1000 takes?
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    sounds like fun
  • citygirl4ever
    citygirl4ever Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am in. Since I missed the posting yesterday, I am starting today (3/4).
  • ltparker
    ltparker Posts: 32
    Options
    I'll give it a try. Will start on 3/5!
  • MumOfGirlsOnly
    MumOfGirlsOnly Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Just saw this, will try it tomorrow and see how I go. Hope I can manage it.
  • aandbthomas1
    Options

Unfortunately my leg is not strong enough yet to do this every other day like I was wanting to, but I will try it twice a week for now and see if I can increase over time. I'm hoping my leg will gain strength sooner rather than later after my ACL reconstruction last year, but for now I'll be sticking to swimming as my regular workout since its low impact.
  • neesa11
    Options
    Still goin strong I hope everyone else is ! let me know how you guys all like it and how you've been doing them? Throughout the day, straight out or in sets throughout your workouts?
  • neesa11
    Options
    hmm Im not really sure I usually do mine in sets in conjunction with my other workouts .... Ive been doing it with rowing lately , but I immagine that its about one jumping jack a second so about 17 minutes if you do em straight out

quote]
    How many minutes do you think 1000 takes?
    [/quote]
  • neesa11
    Options
    Yeah good call on doing less, maybe you could try doing just 200 a day or something. Swimming is a great tool for physical therapy !

Unfortunately my leg is not strong enough yet to do this every other day like I was wanting to, but I will try it twice a week for now and see if I can increase over time. I'm hoping my leg will gain strength sooner rather than later after my ACL reconstruction last year, but for now I'll be sticking to swimming as my regular workout since its low impact.
  • ehilgenberg10
    ehilgenberg10 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Ah! I totally fell off the workout wagon this weekend! I'm starting this up again today! It's tough, but I'm certain it will be worth it!
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    i finished 700 yesterday, i quit because my calves and arms are super sore :(
  • RH_Brazell
    RH_Brazell Posts: 339
    Options
    I shall try this starting tommorrow 3/6