Calories Burned ???

Options
2»

Replies

• AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    So, I just got my HRM in yesterday..it has a chest strap with it, so it should be fairly accurate, right? Well, I did the 30ds level 2 (I've been doing level 1 and 2 for a month back and forth. I think I want to try 3 sometimes soon. Anyways, I wore my HRM for the first time and burned 698 calories today. I'm 22, weigh 241 at the moment. My max HR was 174, average was 154 but ranged between 150-165 the majority of the time. Is that....abnormal?

MFP says I burn 424 for 29 minutes (start to stop)

I would say that's way generous. What kind of HRM did you get? How tall are you?
  • JessicaPiche89
    JessicaPiche89 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1

Short and round, lol
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1

Short and round, lol

Hm....I still think that's pretty generous. I would say the MFP estimation is going to be closer. I wonder why your HRM showed so high! Have you searched the message boards or googled to see if you can find some reviews on the accuracy of that particular HRM? That's what I would suggest. For your HRM, did you have to enter all of your stats (height, weight, age, gender)?
  • JessicaPiche89
    Options
    It had me enter weight, MHR and the zone I want to stay in. I got this one--http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000P8XXRE/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

I should also add that I went from not working out like ever and sitting on my butt eating to working out almost daily, eating better and just over all a better me just in the past 2 months maybe. Idk what did it, but something kicked me in the *kitten* and made me get up. I had high BP and am at risk for type 2, so I had to make a change.
  • JessicaPiche89
    Options
    Wait, I just looked through. I didn't change my max HR in the monitor. It was on 165 and not 198 like it should be, I am sure that is something that affected it, I'm going to try again tomorrow and see what it does :)