Are you doing, or have you done Stage 6?

Options
AlsDonkBoxSquat
AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
I've decided to do it. Today was my first day on Stage 6 and I don't know how I feel about it. I pounded through it in like 25 minutes so I supplimented my workout with a 2.5 mile jog. For some reason I was thinking that it was pull ups instead of chin ups . . . I can do chin ups already so for my first set of negatives I was doing 10 pounds with a 20 second drop. The lat pull downs I had to cut back my weight because I'm not used to doing high reps (cut from 115 to 105).

Also, wtf is the difference between a split squat and a weighted lunge? Seemed the same to me.

I'm just feeling skeptical about how much this is really going to add strength, but I'll do B on Thursday and see what happens. This stage may get cut short.

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I could already do chin-ups too so instead of doing negatives, I did regular chin-ups for all sets, doing as many reps as possible for each. If chin-ups are not challenging enough, do pull-ups instead.

Split squat is done with a barbell. Traditional weighted lunges are done with dumbbells (pg. 173). Also, in the split squat you don't stand back up into the starting position; you stay in the split-leg position.

Looking at the Stage 6 pinned link, it appears that only Deni and myself have completed this stage.
  • Janda06
    Janda06 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I did/finished stage 6. I couldn't do chin ups and still can't do a full one. I do think I'm a bit stronger...still not strong enough though. The stage was good for me :)
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I did stage 6! t was great for me! Going in to stage 1 I couldn't do a1/2 chin up. At the start of stage 6 I was able to do 2 close grip chin ups and at the end 4. Also I was able to do negatives for 40 sec. with 10 lbs. extra. Before stage 6 I was able to do barbell squats with 115 lbs for 3 sets of 4. I'm in the middle of stage 7 now and can do 3 sets of 10 with the same weight! I'm very glad I did stage 6!

bizco explain pretty good the difference between the split squat and lunges with weights. The barbell split squat does wonders for the mid section and quads, more so than the normal BB squat. At least for me! :)

Good luck!