Engaging core

Options
Hurricane_C
Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
Does anyone else have a problem engaging their core during every move? I feel like I'm focusing more on getting the move done and surviving... then I remember to engage my core and I find I'm breathing less - making it much more difficult.

Any tips, advice, etc would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Replies

• jeannietate
    jeannietate Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way alot of the time, but i place my hands on my abs to see if they are actually engaging, and they are so i dunno... im just trying to survive too. lol
  • BeccaMovinUp
    Options
    Just think of a dry, stiff piece of spaghetti, when you are starting to feel like/resemble a soggy noodle it`s time to tighen up!

I know! Weird! But it works for me :D
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    As long as you are conscious about it, you would be fine.
    I have more control of the core on the 2nd month.
  • MariarR33
    MariarR33 Posts: 69
    Options
    I am about to finish Insanity. I found in the first month, it was hard to think about my core on top of everything else. Like you said, it was hard just to keep up. In the second month, I noticed how tight and hard my abs and obliques were. Don't spend to much time thinking about the core. Concentrate on the moves, and you will find the core will come along. Good luck!
  • chasity09
    chasity09 Posts: 18
    Options
    i totaly understand what you are saying and i feel that iam so big that i dont have a core so i thought about buying a sweat belt to help me hold it in. DOes anyone else think that might work.
  • Deanthedog
    Deanthedog Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    ive just started the program and i couldnt keep it in all the time ....i was pulling it in as much as i could and throughout the day i do it weather im walking down the street or just sat there watching tv
  • firedragon064
    Options
    i totaly understand what you are saying and i feel that iam so big that i dont have a core so i thought about buying a sweat belt to help me hold it in. DOes anyone else think that might work.
    I don't think it's a good idea. The belt would make it harder for you to push yourself to the max.
  • firedragon064
    Options
    ive just started the program and i couldnt keep it in all the time ....i was pulling it in as much as i could and throughout the day i do it weather im walking down the street or just sat there watching tv
    This is my 2nd round of insanity and I still could do all the moves.
    The 2 weeks are hard since your legs are so sored but then you will get use to it.
    "Do your best and forget the rest" Tony from P90x.