Question about calories?

Options
twinmomtwice4
twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
I received the DVD's over the weekend and finally had a minute to sit down last night and read everything over.

My question is this...JM recommends only 1200 calories on the regular 90 day program. But everything I've read here on MFP seems like people urge you to eat back your work out calories in order to keep your metabolism fired up and so you don't go into starvation mode.

So...how are you all managing to do find a healthy balance between the two suggestions? Eating back some of the workout calories? Or just sticking to the 1200 calories?

Also, is anyone not following the fat burning eating plan and just doing their own thing, while keeping within the calorie range?

I have to be honest when I say I know my family won't enjoy most of her meals and I don't have the time to make two separate meals (one for me and one for them) so I'm going to do my own thing but stay within her calorie limits.

Replies

• snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I personally am only eating 1200 calories per day while doing Jillian's Body Revolution, but that is per doctor's orders. I am not following her meal plan, just her workout plan and sticking to 1200 cals per day.

I have had great success with the Biggest Loser Family cookbook. My kids love almost all of the meals out of that cookbook and they are very easy to keep in your calorie range and get full, and that is saying a lot because my four heathens are very picky when it comes to food.

I just started week 2 today and I can already see and feel a difference in my body. Two weeks ago I could not get my favorite pair of True Religion jeans buttoned but Saturday night I was not only able to get in them but they fit perfect, so I was able to wear them out for my kid free night with my hubby. It is a great feeling!
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I stick to 1200-1300 calories a day as that is what Jillian's program suggests. If I eat over that, I might do another workout, or if I workout a lot and am still hungry, I might eat another snack, but I don't eat back my calories if I only do my one workout of BR. I found that I was pretty hungry at first and thought about food all the time, but I'm doing pretty good now around 1300 cals a day.
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options
    I personally am only eating 1200 calories per day while doing Jillian's Body Revolution, but that is per doctor's orders. I am not following her meal plan, just her workout plan and sticking to 1200 cals per day.

I have had great success with the Biggest Loser Family cookbook. My kids love almost all of the meals out of that cookbook and they are very easy to keep in your calorie range and get full, and that is saying a lot because my four heathens are very picky when it comes to food.

I just started week 2 today and I can already see and feel a difference in my body. Two weeks ago I could not get my favorite pair of True Religion jeans buttoned but Saturday night I was not only able to get in them but they fit perfect, so I was able to wear them out for my kid free night with my hubby. It is a great feeling!

That is awesome!!! And very encouraging for newbies like myself!! I'll have to see if I can get that cookbook through my library and try some of the recipes to see if my family will like them. Thanks for the suggestion!

Looks like we have the same amount of weight to lose, roughly!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely doing my own thing. I like some of the recipes, but I'm just preparing and eating as usual. And I eat about 1500-1600. I think that if I ate 1200-ish for an extended period of time, and then upped my calories back to 1500-1600, my body would be used to the 1200 and I'd GAIN whereas right now I lose at that level. Plus, I'd be hungry at 1200 calories. ;)
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options
    I'm definitely doing my own thing. I like some of the recipes, but I'm just preparing and eating as usual. And I eat about 1500-1600. I think that if I ate 1200-ish for an extended period of time, and then upped my calories back to 1500-1600, my body would be used to the 1200 and I'd GAIN whereas right now I lose at that level. Plus, I'd be hungry at 1200 calories. ;)

You don't know how relieved I am to read this! It's barely 3:00 pm and I'm starving!!! There is no way I can stick to 1200 calories plus do a work out. I think I'm gonna keep myself at 1400 and go from there. That seems to be working for me currently and I don't want to slow my weight loss down.

Thanks for your input!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options

You don't know how relieved I am to read this! It's barely 3:00 pm and I'm starving!!! There is no way I can stick to 1200 calories plus do a work out. I think I'm gonna keep myself at 1400 and go from there. That seems to be working for me currently and I don't want to slow my weight loss down.

Thanks for your input!

Yw! And good luck :)
  • BestToBeMe
    Options
    Hello all, I am waiting for mine but in the meantime I took the advice of someone on the JM Revolution plan and she had the same problem of not wanting to prepare two different meals for herself and her family. She had read JM's metabolism book and incorporated the advice along with the plan and the weight melted off. I borrowed the book over the weekend from my library and it is awesome! ~Michelle