SO GUTTED

Options
Hi everyone again, im on day 7 level 1, well i upped my weights size 3 days ago, and one of my knees has been sore for 3 days now, obviously i thought it had to do with the fact that i upped the weights and i was feeling it more, well got up this morning and my knee was very painful, anyway went to doctor and i have injured my knee doing the 30 day shread, im so gutted as i looked forward to doing it every day, well now i need to rest and no exercise for at least 10 days until it heals, funny thing is that my knee did only get sore when i upped my weights in size, I am alittle upset that after doing the 30 day shred for a whole week and now i have to give it up for a week all my hard work gone :cry: . Just want to wish you all the best with the rest of the program and hope you all have great success !!!!!

Replies

• momotivation
    momotivation Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    your hard work was not for nothing, you can still stay on track! I'm sure you felt very different on day 5, 6, and 7, compared to your day 1. Hang in there, we will be here for you during those ten days of recuperation, some days staying on track with my calories is hard enough let alone trying to be motivated enough for a workout as well. Please continue to check in and no that we are excited for you to come back and join us again in a few days!
  • aristakat23
    aristakat23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I’m so sorry to hear of your injury. Glad you sought medical care. I was thinking of upping my weights but after reading your post may consider against it. What did you up your weights to, if you don't mind me asking.
  • angelxxxx
    angelxxxx Posts: 11
    Options
    your hard work was not for nothing, you can still stay on track! I'm sure you felt very different on day 5, 6, and 7, compared to your day 1. Hang in there, we will be here for you during those ten days of recuperation, some days staying on track with my calories is hard enough let alone trying to be motivated enough for a workout as well. Please continue to check in and no that we are excited for you to come back and join us again in a few days!

Thanks so much, i will still check in as you said, but so wished i could of stayed at it for the full 30 days instead of taking a break because of my knee, i will still stay on track with my calories and see how things go!!!!
  • angelxxxx
    Options
    I’m so sorry to hear of your injury. Glad you sought medical care. I was thinking of upping my weights but after reading your post may consider against it. What did you up your weights to, if you don't mind me asking.

i was using to start off with 1kg weights and upped to 2kgs, i now know that was the wrong decision for me, but saying that i have not exercised much in a few years and the 30DS was the first proper exercise i was getting besides walking so i think it would be okay for people who are used to exercise to up their weights but for beginners as i saw myself i dont think its a good idea, but then again everyone is different and you might be able to manage the higher weights!!!!
  • CindyCountingCalories
    CindyCountingCalories Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your knee! Hope it gets better soon.

When I first started doing 30ds, my first round with water bottles my knees couldn't handle it, but I pushed myself, don't think it was wise but I'm kind of addicted to exercise since I've started with MFP 85 days ago.

After Level 3 of 30ds my knees were fine haven't realized it until I saw a lot of people complained about it. Then I did Ripped in 30 my knees were also hurting but I just pushed myself, I'm crazy I know, after week 1 of Ripped my knees haven't given me any problems again.

Also I had a tendon operation in my foot, tendon was cut of, because I tried to stop a glass door from shutting in my face, it was back in 2006, my foot was useless, went for months of physioterapy (excuse my spelling) then I was able to walk again. Afterwards I had a car accident and again couldn't use my foot.

In physio the therapist told me to jump on one foot etc. According to Jillian's website I'm not suppose to do 30ds at all. Well I'm sorry but I I'm doing it lol, anyway I couldn't lift my toes on that foot, after 30ds I can lift them a little bit, also I couldn't balance on that leg at all! Now I can.

You see everything I did in physio I'm doing in 30ds just a little bit harder so I don't see why I should not be doing it, after all my foot are getting stronger.

What I'm trying to say is that unless you have really hurt your knee I can't see why you can't do it in the future, BUT I'm NOT A DOCTOR, just a crazy girl who want to show them I can and I will...

Please don't take my advise, don't want to be responsible for any serious injuries...

And do what the doctor say rest your knee! I had to lay on my back for 3 months in the air and today I'm glad I did :)
  • angelxxxx
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your knee! Hope it gets better soon.

When I first started doing 30ds, my first round with water bottles my knees couldn't handle it, but I pushed myself, don't think it was wise but I'm kind of addicted to exercise since I've started with MFP 85 days ago.

After Level 3 of 30ds my knees were fine haven't realized it until I saw a lot of people complained about it. Then I did Ripped in 30 my knees were also hurting but I just pushed myself, I'm crazy I know, after week 1 of Ripped my knees haven't given me any problems again.

Also I had a tendon operation in my foot, tendon was cut of, because I tried to stop a glass door from shutting in my face, it was back in 2006, my foot was useless, went for months of physioterapy (excuse my spelling) then I was able to walk again. Afterwards I had a car accident and again couldn't use my foot.

In physio the therapist told me to jump on one foot etc. According to Jillian's website I'm not suppose to do 30ds at all. Well I'm sorry but I I'm doing it lol, anyway I couldn't lift my toes on that foot, after 30ds I can lift them a little bit, also I couldn't balance on that leg at all! Now I can.

You see everything I did in physio I'm doing in 30ds just a little bit harder so I don't see why I should not be doing it, after all my foot are getting stronger.

What I'm trying to say is that unless you have really hurt your knee I can't see why you can't do it in the future, BUT I'm NOT A DOCTOR, just a crazy girl who want to show them I can and I will...

Please don't take my advise, don't want to be responsible for any serious injuries...

And do what the doctor say rest your knee! I had to lay on my back for 3 months in the air and today I'm glad I did :)

OH wow cindy you have been through an awful lot , and you have great determination, well done, i was thinking of continuing doing the 30DS while my knee is bad, but the doctor pointed out that altho the painkillers would take away the pain and i might think im okay to do it i could be doing more damage as i do so, i will pick it back up after resting for 10 day , im gutted that i was going so strong for 10 days and have to give it up for 10 , i would of loved to have done the whole thing together, love the crazy girl bit lol lol !!!!