What is your daily calorie goal?

Options
amblee125
amblee125 Posts: 92 Member
Just curious as to what your calorie goals are and what weight you are at? I started at 386 pounds and was eating 1800/day After losing 30 pounds I am now down to 1600.

Just curious...

Replies

• carpicke
    carpicke Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey, I think its a little different per person. My Dr. said for me about 2000 to 1800 but not lower than that because the heavier you are and drop cal's to quickly that it throws your body into starvation mode and your body will store more fat, yuck:frown: . she said to do it real gradual. But it seems that your doing great, keep it up and ask your Dr. next time?
  • BrokenAlice
    BrokenAlice Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    MFP has me set to a calorie goal of 1900 right now. Funny how hard it is getting to that number eating "good" foods, when I could easily get WAY over that number eating "not so good" foods.
  • neverlost
    neverlost Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Mine is set at 1650 right now.
  • amblee125
    Options
    They all sound very reasonable. Mine is working so far...so I guess I won't adjust it again yet.
  • Mijo88
    Mijo88 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like to base my calories on the weight of my body should be able to handle when I have reached my goal weight. So my ildeal weight for a muscular built 6'3 big boned man would be around 250lbs. So to maintain a weight of 250 I would need to consume at least 2500 calories a day.
    This is how I have been taught so on the flip side if I only consume the 2500 calories a day now when my body needs at least 4000 calories to maintain my current weight there will be a deficit and I will continue to lose weight.
    I like to look at the whole process as not really a diet but a lifestyle change.
    I hope this helps out a bit.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    My target is around 2500 per day. I mix it up every week by a couple of hundred on purpose though
  • disneydiva21
    Options
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    mfp gives me 1830 but I'm usually around 1400-1500 at the end of the day. I'm fine with that.
  • AlbionLass
    AlbionLass Posts: 136
    Options
    MFP give me a goal of 1440 per day but as long as I finish the day on 1200 or more net calories after exercise I'm happy. Some days I struggle to make the 1200 minumum but mostly I'm between 1200 and 1440 net.

I started back mid January on 1530 per day and weighing 300 lbs.
  • LouisAA1978
    LouisAA1978 Posts: 275
    Options
  • deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    1910. my first month on MFP I was consistently 1000+ over that but over the past week or two I have been able to be close to that. I had to really discipline myself. At first I was like "oh, 250cal over - no big deal" but that kept giving me the license to overeat and pretend as if overeating had no consequences. so now I think before I go over.
  • katwj76
    katwj76 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1740 before exercise for two pounds a week. I usually net between 1500 and 1700.
  • amblee125
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I have a couple people telling me I need way more than 1600 and I don't think so at all. It's nice to see everyone's average is about the same as mine and you all are doing great! :)
  • starchile
    starchile Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    HI Amblee:

I think in addition to weight, MFP takes how many times you work out (or plan to workout) per week into consideration. So, my calorie goal is 1930 and I'm 5'10/337 lbs and in my plan I said that I would be working out 3x/week. I've actually worked out an average of 4x/week. I do eat some of my exercise calories back though usually. Not all, but some. =)

Edited to add: btw, I usually lose about 3lbs per week when I do everything right (eat on track, do all my exercise days, drink enough water)
  • clewis628
    clewis628 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I just adjusted mine and am at 1660 with sedentary as my level of activity.
  • esteelewis
    esteelewis Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I hover around 1500 calories. My metabolism is very slow for some reason. If I eat more than 1600 I don't lose anything....if I eat closer to 1800 I actually gain. Even though I am 335 lbs. Its just the way my body is I guess. Right now 1500-1600 is working for me. I am trying for 2 lbs a week.
  • faerygreenqueen
    Options
  • amblee125
    Options
    HI Amblee:

I think in addition to weight, MFP takes how many times you work out (or plan to workout) per week into consideration. So, my calorie goal is 1930 and I'm 5'10/337 lbs and in my plan I said that I would be working out 3x/week. I've actually worked out an average of 4x/week. I do eat some of my exercise calories back though usually. Not all, but some. =)

Edited to add: btw, I usually lose about 3lbs per week when I do everything right (eat on track, do all my exercise days, drink enough water)
    Congrats on your success!!! And thanks for the add :)