Exercise Tips - bring 'em

Options
Raemama
Raemama Posts: 203 Member
Okay - I'm not gonna lie - exercise is hard for me. Any tips on how to make it more fun??

Replies

• Trutra
    Trutra Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Sorry, none, it is hard for me too :-( The only thing I do know is that the more I do, the easier it becomes. Mostly, it is not the exercise so much as the motivation to start, once I am actually doing it, I am ok.
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I guess you have to find something you really enjoy. I love the social aspect of it. I'm not a big talker when I'm exercising, but it's nice to be around others with the same goals and connection. I love being outdoors, so if I can incorporate something outside into my routine, I'm much more likely to look forward to doing it - for fun :) I love my bike!
  • Raemama
    Options
    Yes - the bike. I have one and don't ride it nearly enough. One of my mini-goals is to be able to go on an extended (like, around 2 hours) bike ride with my son by May 1. I hope I meet my goal!
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, that is very doable! You will have a great time. Just get out there and have fun :):) The distance will come with time!
  • toni14301
    toni14301 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love going to the classes at my gym. It makes it very fun with the group and music and harder to quit....don't want to walk out in the middle of a group :) Also, the bike is a great idea as mentioned below.
  • Raemama
    Options
    I am actually thinking about joining a zumba class. I work for a large university and they just opened an additional fitness center about two blocks from my office and there is a class available from 6:30-7:30 twice a week.

The thing about going to a gym, though, is how much anxiety I feel working out in front of all the svelt young people. If only I could overcome that feeling. Argh. Then again, if I go at 6:30am, how many students will be in there?!?! ;)
  • Trutra
    Trutra Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    That is why I go to water aerobics lol, I hide in the corner till the last minute, jump in the pool and then no one can see what I am doing, lol. The small pool at my gym is enclosed apart from a very small corridor that leads to the change rooms, so it is perfect for me.
  • Raemama
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm really looking forard to the day (the goal is June 1) when I go to a gym. A good friend and I made a pact to go together. It's really helpful to have someone to hold you accountable. Funny - I'm "training" to go to the gym. How silly is that??
  • Shannonbayer
    Shannonbayer Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I got my boys a PS3 for Christmas with the Kinect. There are all kinds of exercise games for it and because my body is the controller it's watching how I move it corrects my movement making it hard to cheat. I love that I can do it in the privacy of my own house and the kids get in there with me on the weekends. (I even have some of the high scores!)
  • Raemama
    Options
    I have a wii and my son is jealous that on one of the games I've "beaten" how far he's gotten. Love it!
  • Shannonbayer
    Shannonbayer Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Correction:
    I meant xbox. I don't know where my head is some days.
  • tpeacoe1
    tpeacoe1 Posts: 22
    Options
    Exercising with friends makes things easier for me. For the past week, I've went on hour long walks with my girls. Its just so relaxing and gives you plenty of time to gossip :)
  • Raemama
    Options
    Great idea!