Rest day!

Options
Good morning! What is everyone planning on doing on their rest days? I'm not sure what I should do! Will you still be maintaining your calories or slightly cutting them down since you're not working out? Or will you be doing a different workout just to stay in check? Maybe you'll even up your calories as a "cheat" day? I would love to hear what you guys will be doing on rest days! :)

Replies

• Shar8210
    Shar8210 Posts: 40
    Options
    I am going to do some game workouts like UFC Trainer and Dance Central on the Xbox360 that way it wont be hard to get back at it tomorrow.
  • paigeleigh417
    Options
    Great idea, shar8210! I walk/jog 3 miles at least 5 nights a week, so I'm going to be sure to keep at it so it's some type of cardio but won't wear me down. Hopefully this crazy weather lets me get out and walk tonight!
  • therapistbyday
    Options
    I too am planning on walk/running a few miles on the off day. I'm doing a 5K with friends and family this summer so I do have to keep the running somwhere in the rotation. As far as calories go, I'm a believer in fooling your metabolism with different calorie totals each day, whether I work out or not. Some days I will eat 1800 but the next two days only eat 1200...my body seems to stay confused and lose weight when I need it to. Good Luck everyone!!
  • wondermaggie
    wondermaggie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I too am planning on walk/running a few miles on the off day. I'm doing a 5K with friends and family this summer so I do have to keep the running somwhere in the rotation. As far as calories go, I'm a believer in fooling your metabolism with different calorie totals each day, whether I work out or not. Some days I will eat 1800 but the next two days only eat 1200...my body seems to stay confused and lose weight when I need it to. Good Luck everyone!!

I really love this tricking the body by varying your calories tip. I am going to try that! Thanks!
  • therapistbyday
    Options
    Awesome, I hope it works for you. Just remember to excercise ALOT and drink PLENTY of H2O and it should work for you as well. Good Luck!!