Fat Burning Meal Plan

Options
Will you follow it for the duration of the program?

Replies

• charlene_1980
    Options
    Will you follow it for the duration of the program?

I think I'll use portions of it, but I don't believe I'll stick to it 100%
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I may use aspects of it. But, it is not realistic since I live out of hotels Sunday - Friday every week. No kitchen. But, as much as I can do within my confines, I will. :-)
  • LPinTheD
    LPinTheD Posts: 129
    Options
    If you follow Jillian's diet priniciples (a GREAT book on the subject is "Master Your Metabolism"), the weight will come off. That's what I've been doing. So no.. I wont be following the plan because I'm doing fine following her basic "rules". :)
  • sdsmom
    sdsmom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have to admit, I was really nervous after first looking through the fat burning meal plan. So many weird foods that I would not eat on a normal basis! I spent a lot of time studying it and picked out the most appealing for me for the first week after the kickstart. I have finished my first week on the fat burning meal plan and 2nd week of the program. I have really liked being able to have some bread and other items after the strict kickstart week. I fixed the blueberry/banana muffins and they are delicious. They make a dozen so I put each one in an individual baggie and then a big freezer bag so I can pop them in the microwave if I don't have time to cook a breakfast.

Today for lunch I fixed the Roasted Chicken with whole-wheat pasta and spinach pesto. Let me tell you, it was a pain to fix. It took me about an hour to prepare and the whole time I was thinking, this better taste good! I am pleased to report it was delicious! It makes a horrible green mess in your kitchen but it really was yummy. It makes 6 servings so I put them all in individual ziploc containers and froze so I would have lunches I can eat during the work week. I left out the cherry tomatoes and did not have any walnuts.

week-2-is-in-books.html

Last night I fixed the Almond crusted chicken breasts for dinner last night. It was pretty good tasting as well. Two of my three kiddos liked it to so no leftovers for tonight. The chicken salad with grapes is good as well as the chimchurri steak. My go-to snack now is the guacamole with baked pita chips. I have to say, I feel like I am cheating when I eat this because it is so good. Such a treat, I enjoy every bite. I'm a little nervous about eating all of these carbs but and hoping that because they are mostly whole-wheat, it won't trigger any cravings for me. So far so good!
  • january179
    january179 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I follow mater your metabolism too and even though the calories are low you are rarely ever hungry because of the combinations of the foods. It got to the point where I couldn't finish everything that was lined out for me. All of the recipes in this set can be found in the master your metabolism cookbook. This was the only plan that I have followed where I never had a plateau and the weight just melted off. I am hoping to get mine in this week and start soon. I am blogging about it to keep on track since I am now back to where I started after a horrible divorce.
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i just looked at jillian's new stuff with freshology (http://www.freshology.com/healthy-diet-food-delivery-programs/jillian-michaels-freshology-gold/menu/) i want those desserts! does anyone have the mastering your metabolism cookbook? i know the brownie recipe is in there, but what other desserts? im gonna buy it if the desserts are good.... anyone? :)
  • sdsmom
    Options
    i just looked at jillian's new stuff with freshology (http://www.freshology.com/healthy-diet-food-delivery-programs/jillian-michaels-freshology-gold/menu/) i want those desserts! does anyone have the mastering your metabolism cookbook? i know the brownie recipe is in there, but what other desserts? im gonna buy it if the desserts are good.... anyone? :)

I bought the book but haven't gotten to the desserts just yet. Not sure if I'm ready to have any yummy desserts around. The book was rather startling to me and eye opening about all of the crap that could potentially hurt our bodies. I know there is no way I could follow everything she says but it has made me think about things and the why's behind her meal plan in BR.

Has anyone figured out how to poach eggs easily? I've blown them up in the microwave, stuck them to the bottom of these little silicone pouches and made a mess boiling them the old fashioned way. I really like them but can't figure out how to cook them!
  • vai45
    vai45 Posts: 29
    Options
    Has anyone figured out how to poach eggs easily? I've blown them up in the microwave, stuck them to the bottom of these little silicone pouches and made a mess boiling them the old fashioned way. I really like them but can't figure out how to cook them!
    [/quote]

I use this:

http://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Ware-Microwave-Cavity-Poacher/dp/B00004W4UR/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1330737053&sr=8-4

It's awesome and cooks the eggs in one minute...depending on how runny you like them.
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    just advice to those beginning the program now, i would suggest following the meal plan. i have not been following it, but decided to restrict my cals to around 1200 and i feel like i'm obsessing over my food, weighing it all, logging it all, and then i'm still hungry all the time. i think its on my mind too much and i feel like the meals in the plan are designed to keep you full. i have been eating healthy options and staying within my limits, but i'm not sure if it's enough for this program... i think i'm going to try to incorporate some meal plan meals into my days and see if my obsession with food gets any better and if i'm less hungry all day...
  • sdsmom
    Options
    Thanks vai45! I have one like that too and blew it up in the microwave. :) What power do you cook them on? I don't like them runny but I think high power was too high. I may have to give it another try.
  • sdsmom
    Options
    just advice to those beginning the program now, i would suggest following the meal plan. i have not been following it, but decided to restrict my cals to around 1200 and i feel like i'm obsessing over my food, weighing it all, logging it all, and then i'm still hungry all the time. i think its on my mind too much and i feel like the meals in the plan are designed to keep you full. i have been eating healthy options and staying within my limits, but i'm not sure if it's enough for this program... i think i'm going to try to incorporate some meal plan meals into my days and see if my obsession with food gets any better and if i'm less hungry all day...

I'm following the meal plans but I have a lot to lose. I was really hungry at first but it has calmed down. I have to pick the foods that keep me satisfied the longest. For example, I had the banana almond smoothie yesterday for a snack and it did not even touch my hunger. The guacamole/pita chips snack fills me up a lot more. Same with the muffins, I'm starving by 10:00 am. With the poached egg breakfast, I feel satisfied longer. Maybe you could try the meal plan for a full week and see how it goes?
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I have not started the program yet, but received and reviewed the package yesterday. From a cursory look, it seems that while the calories are very low (1200 is too low for most people), her meals are protein and fat-heavy (albeit good fats), which will keep a person satisfied for a longer period of time. I plan to review the meal plan and select the items I like and make my meal plan that way. I'm a fan of greek yogurt, steel cut oats, agave nectar, flax seed, quoinoa, etc., so I hope I will be able to easily make the adjustment. I will be planning this week, shopping this weekend and starting on Monday!
  • kelceyjean12011
    kelceyjean12011 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    i'm not following it exactly . but i have been trying to do the 250cal bfast, the 400cal lunch, 150cal snack and 400cal dinner so its about 1200 cals a day. i will try some of the meals from the book tho.
  • afrench799
    afrench799 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i thought i could follow it but some of it i dont like, so i made some adjustments but i am still folloing my 1200 cal a day and do the excerises twice a day though. I want to be able to eat what i want to eat but with modifications here and there. my biggest issue is getting all my water in. Im not a big fan of plain water so i trying to see what kind of flavored water is better, any suggestion? TIA keep up the good work all of you!
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    my biggest issue is getting all my water in. Im not a big fan of plain water so i trying to see what kind of flavored water is better, any suggestion? TIA keep up the good work all of you!

I would stay away from store bought flavored water personally due to the artificial things put in. A few ways to get in more water that I like:
    1. Blend a few mint leaves and a little lime juice in with your water, very refreshing, like an alcohol free Mojito :)
    2. Fresh brewed hot tea, and homemade iced tea
  • vai45
    vai45 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hmm, I guess all microwaves are different! I cook on high power for 1 minute. Not sure if you have tried this, but after you crack the egg into the cooker, pierce the yolk with a fork to prevent it from exploding.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I won't be able to because there are very few vegetarian options.

Also - are you all sticking to the 1200 cals a day, period? Not eating back exercise calories? I usually eat back most of my exercise calories... pretty concerned about only getting 1200 cals per day total (especially if I'm burning 500 or so - that's a net of 700 for the body to fuel on for the rest of the day? Sounds crazy to me).
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I won't be able to because there are very few vegetarian options.

Also - are you all sticking to the 1200 cals a day, period? Not eating back exercise calories? I usually eat back most of my exercise calories... pretty concerned about only getting 1200 cals per day total (especially if I'm burning 500 or so - that's a net of 700 for the body to fuel on for the rest of the day? Sounds crazy to me).

I've had to eat some of my exercise calories back but very few. I've found I can't do 1200 calories without it affecting my mood. I get really cranky and anxious. I've upped my calories to 1500 but plan to stay under that. I may see a slower weight loss this way but I'd much rather have it take me a little longer to lose the weight than be walking around my house in a *****y mood 24/7!!