Guys, I'm Stuck!!!

Options
Hello My Running Pals,

As you know, I am running a week behind you guys so last week I was supposed to complete Week 5 and be in Week 6 this week. However, I got stuck!!!

I cannot complete the 20 minute jog on Week 5 Day 3. I can do all the interval stuff but I can't jog 20 minutes straight. Now I don't know what to do. I don't think I should continue on to Week 6 because the straight jogs continue to increase so that's no help.

What do I do? Just stay on week 5 until I can complete the 20 minute jog? I'm getting discouraged. Please let me know what you think. I tried doing the jog at 3.0 and still couldn't complete it. Going any slower than that is a walk so decreasing the speed is not an option either. I feel so bad :sad:

Replies

• Ely160
    Ely160 Posts: 51
    Options
    What's the longest time you've been able to jog??

I say, stick with that for like three days and increase 5 mins to it the following week. You may be behind some of us, but you are ahead from others... YOU ARE NOT STUCK! Regardless of where you are right now, you are in this process with all of us and we are going to finish this. Just don't give up on us, and most importantly, DON'T GIVE UP ON YOURSELF!
  • taylor0204
    taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Words taken directly from the program.

If you find the program too strenuous, just stretch it out. Don't feel pressured to continue faster than you're able. Repeat weeks if needed and move ahead only when you feel you're ready.

Stay on track and you will find yourself running those 20 minutes in no time.