Week 7 -C25K----OMG almost there.

Options
taylor0204
taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
Hi running pals ,

I just finished my first run for week 7. I did the walking at 3.5mph and ran at 4.0mph. I completed 1.90 miles in 30 minutes. My goal during week 7 is to run/walk 2.0 miles in 30 minutes putting me at a 15 minute mile.

Replies

• tinattinat
    tinattinat Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey! That's fantastic! Keep it up! Will you sign up for a 5k when you are done? I completed C25k last November. I think it's the best program ever! It was perfect for me! : )
  • urbanmasala
    urbanmasala Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Good for you, Taylor! Congratulations! I just stated C25K last week and have already switched programs. I'm now doing The Beginning Runner's 13-Week walk-to-run plan, so I'm basically starting over, but it's cool. I did W1D1 today. I like it so far. I used it years ago when I first started running and it worked well for me then and I think it will be better for me now. I tried C25K at that time and just couldn't seem to get it done. Plus, the RunKeeper app allows me to customize my own programs (including intervals, which is what all walk-to-run programs are), so I only have to use one app instead of two. I just entered all 13 weeks and it was easy and pretty quick. All of the free C25K apps I found were for only 8 weeks, which I really don't understand.

Good luck to you! ;-)
  • taylor0204
    Options
    Hey! That's fantastic! Keep it up! Will you sign up for a 5k when you are done? I completed C25k last November. I think it's the best program ever! It was perfect for me! : )
    [/quote]

Thanks for the encouragement and congrats to you for finishing the program. Yes, I have already registered for two 5Ks - one this month and one in April. My ultimate running goal for this year is the Baltimore 1/2 Marathon in Oct. so I have many more training programs ahead.

Did you continue running after the program?
  • taylor0204
    Options
    Hi Lynne :smile:

I am glad to see you here. Thanks for your support. Are you using the program designed by the Sports Medicine Council?
    If so, I purchased the book and used their program when I started running years ago. It is great. In fact, I am going to look for the half marathon book. Where did you find an on- line app?

Happy miles ahead.
  • Ely160
    Ely160 Posts: 51
    Options
    I finished my second jog today. I did my brisk walk at 3.8 and my jog was at 4.8.

I really need good music to do this. Music that is going to keep my mind off of what I am doing...I wanted to stop a few times, looking at the time hoping I would be done soon, but I did it! It has definitely not been easy for me...it's been the most challenging week for me, but I cannot deny how great I feel after successfully completing the run.

Before I started my jog yesterday, I was like OH HELL NO! I'm not going to be able to run for 25 mins straight!!! But Woohoo!! One should never underestimate one's body. We are indeed almost there! :happy:
  • urbanmasala
    urbanmasala Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi Lynne :smile:

I am glad to see you here. Thanks for your support. Are you using the program designed by the Sports Medicine Council?
    If so, I purchased the book and used their program when I started running years ago. It is great. In fact, I am going to look for the half marathon book. Where did you find an on- line app?

Happy miles ahead.

I'm still using the RunKeeper app.
  • lohitverma
    lohitverma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi, I too completed my Day 1 of week 7
    I was aiming for 2.5 mile run, and managed it in 30mins
    am feeling pumped , to know that i actually ran for 30 mins @5mph

Hi running pals ,

I just finished my first run for week 7. I did the walking at 3.5mph and ran at 4.0mph. I completed 1.90 miles in 30 minutes. My goal during week 7 is to run/walk 2.0 miles in 30 minutes putting me at a 15 minute mile.
  • lohitverma
    lohitverma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Day 2 completed
    i put the towel on the treadmill and pushed a little harder
    completed 3.2miles in 38 minutes!! yeah!!
  • taylor0204
    Options
    i
    completed 3.2miles in 38 minutes!! yeah!!
    This is outstanding. It is simply amazing the results we can achieve when we push ourselves
  • taylor0204
    Options
    Hello everyone :smile:

I have finished both of my runs. I completed the 2nd run on Thursday and the last run today, Saturday. Thursdays run was a little better than my run today. Thursday I was able to run at 3.5 and complete 2.0 miles in 42 minutes. Today I felt tired and ran/walked at 3.0 mph and was able to complete the running time but forgot to check the distance when I finished the program because I continued walking for a 60 minute workout.

I did not accomplish my 2.0 miles in 30 minutes goal but I have to remind myself I started the program with my focus on completing the time because we had an option - time or distance.

So my question is this - if I finish the program and I have not run/walked 3.2 miles did I actually complete the program?