I'm so glad you started this group

Options
momof8munchkins
momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
I have been on the GAPS diet for a few months . I am really happy to see someone else that is doing it to.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• mominpa
    mominpa Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great!! Me too.....

Are you from MOMYS?

Is your entire family GAPS or just you?

I just read your profile and I see you have had adrenal problems too... I am 99.99% positive I have major adrenal issues. I have blogged about them on my weight loss blog. I added a lot of links too.

I am hoping to meet with an endo on the 22nd of march...but I was told that not many Dr.'s will agree with Adrenal Fatigue. Of course my thyroid #'s are off....but I am pretty sure if I get my adrenals straigthened out the thyroid will to. The last time I went on GAPS my numbers improved GREATLY!! (into the low - normal range)

Anyway-- I hope more people might find this group and we can share lots of ideas and support!
  • mominpa
    mominpa Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    There is a Weston A Price group too...not very active....but I thought GAPS deserved its own!! :)

I haven't had much time to check out the Paleo/Primal groups---

How long have you been on GAPS?

I was on it for 3-4 months last year and lost 34 lbs!! I felt better than I had in a VERY long time!! Not quite sure why I went off.!?! LOL

I have a question for you-- I need to find some breakfast foods for the family that are grain free, egg free and dairy free..... any suggestions? I think i am going to post that on the GAPS yahoo group too.

Normally we would be eggs and veggie breakfast but this time around on GAPS I took everyone off eggs and I think ds2 is having a problem with them..... We are not yet on milk so that is out and of course grains are out... i am really out of ideas.... The first week of GAPS having broth and things drove my kids CRAZY!! They HATED IT-- they didn't mind it all for lunch and dinner-- but they LIKE breakfast foods at breakfast.
  • momof8munchkins
    Options
    Great!! Me too.....

Are you from MOMYS?

Is your entire family GAPS or just you?

I just read your profile and I see you have had adrenal problems too... I am 99.99% positive I have major adrenal issues. I have blogged about them on my weight loss blog. I added a lot of links too.

I am hoping to meet with an endo on the 22nd of march...but I was told that not many Dr.'s will agree with Adrenal Fatigue. Of course my thyroid #'s are off....but I am pretty sure if I get my adrenals straigthened out the thyroid will to. The last time I went on GAPS my numbers improved GREATLY!! (into the low - normal range)

Anyway-- I hope more people might find this group and we can share lots of ideas and support!

My family is about 80% GAPS= they still eat potatoes and beans. I did have adrenal issues.. I believe it has healed now- took a few years and really did not improve fully until I went gluten, grain and dairy free.. In my case AGF was an under lying symptom of Celiac Diease. never heard Of MOMYS
  • momof8munchkins
    Options
    There is a Weston A Price group too...not very active....but I thought GAPS deserved its own!! :)

I haven't had much time to check out the Paleo/Primal groups---

How long have you been on GAPS?

I was on it for 3-4 months last year and lost 34 lbs!! I felt better than I had in a VERY long time!! Not quite sure why I went off.!?! LOL

I have a question for you-- I need to find some breakfast foods for the family that are grain free, egg free and dairy free..... any suggestions? I think i am going to post that on the GAPS yahoo group too.

Normally we would be eggs and veggie breakfast but this time around on GAPS I took everyone off eggs and I think ds2 is having a problem with them..... We are not yet on milk so that is out and of course grains are out... i am really out of ideas.... The first week of GAPS having broth and things drove my kids CRAZY!! They HATED IT-- they didn't mind it all for lunch and dinner-- but they LIKE breakfast foods at breakfast.
    I started on stage 1 in January. I got to stage 3 and completely fell off the wagon lol. the fermented fish and fish oil was a problem for me and I was so sick of broth .. I tried to go back to stage 3 several times , never succesfully.. so I just went into full GAPS.. still working on getting my ferments up and running- half of the family- me included have to be dairy free so I can't use yogurt or keifer.. healing is taking place - slowly but it's working for me.
    breakfast ideas minus eggs.. I would go with muffins/coffee cakes- you can make them with almond flour( almond flour is outrageously expensive- I buy the plain almonds and grind them myself with a generic magic bullet- a coffee grinder works really well too) or golden flax seed meal- I would not reccomend coconut flour if you can't use eggs (coconut flour needs a tons of eggs to come out right).Most muffin recipes will have eggs but I have read on a few vegan sites that you can sub flax seed gel or chia seeds in place of the eggs. I have never tried this personally.. you may also experiment with 3 tbs of unsweetened applesauce in place of an egg.. or perhaps extra olive oil?? There are great egg free recipes on www.glutenfreegoddess.com or at www.adventuresofaglutenfreemom.com Some more ideas may be meat and fruit- ham, sausage even hamburgers. We have recently started making grain-free granola- our base is unsweetened toasted coconut but you could also use roasted chopped nuts- then we add different dried fruits and nuts with almond or coconut milk.. the kids really like it. I did not want to deal with die-off from my family so they have not gone through the stages. Most of them are doing well with gluten, grain and dairy free. plus my husband would never go along with that himself.. so they eat about 80% full gaps like I mentioned before
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

Happy to stumble across this. I've been on GAPS for a few months due to adrenal issues. I feel fabulous.

Question what are you guys doing about exercise? I've been reading some of the paleo/primal/misc. posts and I'm worried about burning muscle. I do mostly cardio workouts but I usually eat back most of my calories.
  • momof8munchkins
    Options
    Hey guys,

Happy to stumble across this. I've been on GAPS for a few months due to adrenal issues. I feel fabulous.

Question what are you guys doing about exercise? I've been reading some of the paleo/primal/misc. posts and I'm worried about burning muscle. I do mostly cardio workouts but I usually eat back most of my calories.

Welcome aboard.. for workouts I walk, cross fit- beginner or I just tried pilates yesterday.. beginner- very good work out but also low impact ..I felt energized afterwards. If you are in the beginning stages of healing from AGF then slow walks and light cleaning is all the exercise you should be doing.. you need to concentrate on healing and restoration.