10 weeks 15lbs sounds excellent!!

Options
I'm ready to jump in with you ;-) i really didn't have a goal to begin with i just want to lose weight. This is a great idea. Can I ask what are your plans to start to lose?? Since i'm a full-time mom and a full-time student I hardly have time to work out. So at the very least i'm hoping with watching my calories, portion control & periodicly working out that i can reach my goals. I was honestly thinking of trying to find a diet pillish subsatute to aid in losing weight by suppressing my appetite, help gain energy and maybe even help burn calories. Any idea's?

Replies

• skimom7
    skimom7 Posts: 70
    Options
    My plans to begin with are to pay more attention to what I am eating (I am in a terrible habit of snacking throughout the day and evening!) I am going to keep water near me at all times this week and see if I can get this to substitute eating all the goodies! The weather here is suppose to be really nice beginning tomorrow so I am going to walk or ride bikes to school with my kindergarten twin boys. I have not been exercising much at all. I did start a "Chicken Fat" 10 min workout last week with my kiddos. We did it together before school. I also want to focus on GETTING MORE SLEEP lol! I stay up too late! So that is where I am going to begin this week. Sounds like we area on the same page! Good Luck with your first week! ;o)
  • franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    I am so excited about this I have 15lbs to lose to meet my goal. We can do this all we have to so is focus and take it step by step. Good luck and let get started. :drinker:
  • unfairestfelicity
    Options
    oh goodness i can agree on the more sleep part I need to do that as well. (LOL) yes we do seem to be on the very same page. Just courious what is the 10 minute chicken fat workout? That sounds interesting as i have a 3 year old little boy, who has wayyyy to much excess energy maybe we can do that together as well. Thanks and good luck to you as well Skimom and others out there . :wink:
  • unfairestfelicity
    Options
    Yes we can Franzy. great job on losing the 24lbs do you have any tips for a newbie(s)?
  • amberntay20
    amberntay20 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am jumping in has well. I have lost 11 lbs of 23 so i have about 12 ish pounds to loose has well. Good luck everyone! :)
  • tomaja
    tomaja Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow! Let's get started, I need to shed a few pounds. I have a busy schedule and it real difficult to find time to workout. This evening I walked and ran with my son for 20 minutes. I was tired but I felt good at the same time. My plan is to drink lots of h20, walk and eat less.
  • Mamakmb
    Mamakmb Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    im in!!!!!!!! i needed some motivation so maybe this will be it!
  • unfairestfelicity
    Options
    yaa the more the merrier! lets do this everyone ;-)
  • mommy2girlies
    mommy2girlies Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'd love to do this! My scale seems to get stuck at 5 pounds lost! UGH! Need to kick it into high gear!!
  • skimom7
    Options
    Chicken Fat is about a 10 min workout that was designed for school age children many years ago. It came up in conversation one day recently and I went looking for it on You Tube. Of course, it was there! The man's name is Robert Preston who recorded the original copy. Here is the website -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFofqe26t-4

It was used in schools across the nation many years ago. I have 4 little ones, twin boys 6 yr and 2 daughters 5 yr an 3 yr. We started to do it every morning and had a ball. I just put it on the TV using the wii. So fun! My kids love it when I just put in some fun music and dance around with them. Confession--I am not in shape at all and so I have to jump into this a bit slower than most of you will. I'm in it for the long run and don't want to hurt myself or burn myself out! ;o)
  • elleeg19
    elleeg19 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i am a huge beach body fan for work outs, they have a 10 min workout by Tony Horton, and along with diet you could really do well. i have had the most wgt loss when i just watched what i ate. Please don't do diet pills, unless you are being supervised by a physician.
  • franzy
    Options
    Yes we can Franzy. great job on losing the 24lbs do you have any tips for a newbie(s)?

working out and clean eating(veggies and fruits) small portions. Lots of dedication. Good luck
  • franzy
    Options
    Good morning to all, has anyone tried the spinning bike, if so do you lose big numbers on it? I've been using it for two weeks now 20 to 30min. but I'm still stuck. I'm not losing any inches any suggestions?
  • photogmama
    photogmama Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Do you do weight training, too? I recommend weights + cardio! :)
  • unfairestfelicity
    Options
    Chicken Fat is about a 10 min workout that was designed for school age children many years ago. It came up in conversation one day recently and I went looking for it on You Tube. Of course, it was there! The man's name is Robert Preston who recorded the original copy. Here is the website -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFofqe26t-4

It was used in schools across the nation many years ago. I have 4 little ones, twin boys 6 yr and 2 daughters 5 yr an 3 yr. We started to do it every morning and had a ball. I just put it on the TV using the wii. So fun! My kids love it when I just put in some fun music and dance around with them. Confession--I am not in shape at all and so I have to jump into this a bit slower than most of you will. I'm in it for the long run and don't want to hurt myself or burn myself out! ;o)

Thank you for the web-site me and my 3 year old did it and he LOVES it!!! Hes walking around the house saying "Go chicken fat go!" (LOL) OMG that gave me a little bit of a burn. Awwl i bet your boys love it. And I bet all your kids keep you super busy way to go super mom :-) Thank you this is so awsome he keeps asking me to do it again. *Did I just creat a monster, now i have a workout buddie*
  • skimom7
    Options
    Thank you for the web-site me and my 3 year old did it and he LOVES it!!! Hes walking around the house saying "Go chicken fat go!" (LOL) OMG that gave me a little bit of a burn. Awwl i bet your boys love it. And I bet all your kids keep you super busy way to go super mom :-) Thank you this is so awsome he keeps asking me to do it again. *Did I just creat a monster, now i have a workout buddie*

LOL that's so funny! My kids will ask to do it again and boy I'm bushed! They'll have to wait until their mommy is in better shape! My 15 yr old came home today with all kinds of info on heart health. (He's taking health this semester) It really made me think more seriously about the health aspect to a better weight. I'm ready for a good dinner and day 2..........;o)