Tracking calories burned

Options
How do you know why many calories to track for doing the Scuplt 30?

Replies

• freeasharold
    freeasharold Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I had been logging it as around 150 (as weight training), but I just got a heart rate monitor and my burn was actually much higher then that.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM for all of my activity.
  • BrendaS78
    BrendaS78 Posts: 28
    Options
    I use a HRM for all of my activity.

Agreed--HRM for everything!
  • maranatha777
    Options
    What is a good brand for a heart rate monitor?
  • freeasharold
    freeasharold Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Polar seems to be many peoples go to HRM. I got the FT7 (around 70 on Amazon) and love it so far!
  • maranatha777
    Options
    Thanks! I'll have to check it out :)
  • TropicalSeaShell
    Options
    I agree with everyone....everyones calorie burn is different...how much you weigh, how old you are, how much you put in. BUT, for me I usually burn around 300-350 calories with Sculpt 30. I really put all effort in and squeeze and lunge and all that other good stuff as strongly as I can. So, great workout!:) Oh, I also use the Polar F4. Love it...comes in a pretty pink!
  • TropicalSeaShell
    Options
    Also, I forgot to add that I always do Sculpt 30 after a cardio class because of course you should never work out or 'sculpt' muscles when they are not warmed up for at least 10-15 minutes ideally! Hope this helps!
  • JenLaPointe
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the info. I think I need to look into buying a HRM.
  • IcassI
    IcassI Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I think today I will stop by Sports Authority and pick up a HRM and weighted gloves. Time to improve my performance and burn! :happy:
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    ow are you guys logging HIIT?
  • IcassI
    IcassI Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I went after work and bought the Polar FT4. I burned 539 calories with Fire 45 EZ, which is pretty close to what the database says I should have burned, the database says 527.