weight gain

Options
emilybeatrice1
emilybeatrice1 Posts: 163 Member
I'm a little frustrated.... I have gained two pounds since we started 30ds. I have been doing an extra workout along with the program, and i have been staying under my calories. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Replies

• jjoseph329
    jjoseph329 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I lost only 1.2 lbs and I been also doing extra exercises. I been hitting the gym too. I was expected a higher number. Maybe we gained more muscles
  • th04
    th04 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well I was pretty frustrated yesterday because me and my partner weigh ourselves every Sunday when we weighed ourselves yesterday I had not gained or lost! Although from what I have read of the 30 day shred a good few people seem to have said they gained at some point during the 30days! So we will see! :) I try to not base my progress too much on the scale anymore anyway! :)
  • Bibil
    Bibil Posts: 25
    Options
    I am hoping we gained muscle. I am having the same problem and I do another workout each day.
  • NubianSpirit
    NubianSpirit Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i have come to the point where i hate stepping on the scale bc the damn thing has me back up to my starting weight (grr) ... on the flipside there are the measurements i have taken of myself after each 10 day circuit of the 30ds (and the fit of my jeans, fresh out of the dryer). at this point (25 days into my first round), i have lost some 7.5 inches in total and lost and regained about 5lbs.

e99gd.jpg
  • rlb8788
    rlb8788 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am on the same boat.. Definitely take measurements! I took measurements and pictures. I'm trying not to step on the scale because it will just discourage me from continuing.

I actually started on the 27th so I am 3 days ahead but I have noticed that my legs, butt, and arms are a lot more toned since I've started the shred. I tried on my jeans fresh out of dryer and noticed they are looser.

So try to stay focused on the measurements! Scales are bad!
  • GMC_81
    GMC_81 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the posts ladies, sure good to know that its how we feel rather than the number we should concentrate on.
  • CNG223
    CNG223 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I agree, my clothes are more loose than they have ever been, some falling off me...but I have been the same weight for about 4 weeks, and no loss since I started 30DS...but I love the way I'm feeling :) can't wait to take my measurements again at the end
  • aristakat23
    aristakat23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouraging words. I'm on the same boat.
  • Jennifer7Five
    Jennifer7Five Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Same here... I went up 1.6lbs after starting, but this morning it finally went back down (after day 7). So I guess my body just needed a week to adjust.
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    How about your endurance?
  • momotivation
    momotivation Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I was having the same issue, I stayed under my calories just to loose weight because the scale wasn't moving in the right direction. finally to see if anything was changing I got out the measuring tape! I have lost inches!!!! mostly in my waist and chest. The total so far is maybe 3 inches, not exactly sure, so I know it is working. I would encourage you all to take measurements!
  • jettwalker
    jettwalker Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I hate the dam scales, I keep promising myself I am going to throw them out, but then don't. Every time I go into my bathroom they seem to be calling out to me.....argh.....maybe we should start a thread with a mantra "I will not weigh myself, I will not weigh myself!!"

I have just increased my calories so I definitely do not need to weigh in for at least two weeks which is going to be super super hard for me and kinda scary!!!
  • NubianSpirit
    NubianSpirit Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    our bathroom is teeny-tiny so we keep our scale in the cupboard under the sink (the only other option is to tuck it between the sink & the toilet) ... at any rate, there is something to that old adage "out of sight, out of mind." i have to make an effort to get to the scale, so that combined with my dislike of its results (and the fact that i never have time in the morning for anything extra), leads me to only weighing myself on the days when i am also doing measurements (which i do first, so when the scale gives me lousy feedback, i can just flip it off bc the other methods i'm using to track progress are moving forward positively).