Knees

Options
rlb8788
rlb8788 Posts: 22 Member
Hey everyone!

So I am finding my knees are sore. It's been like this for a few days.

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this. I'm not sure if it's because of the fact my joints aren't used to all the leg work with 30DS or I am actually hurting myself..

I appreciate any input! :happy:

Replies

• momotivation
    momotivation Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    you will want to read the topic SO gutted! its all about a knee injury. maybe you can compare what you are feeling to that case.
  • NubianSpirit
    NubianSpirit Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    you might also try and pay super close attention to your form as you are bending ... i have also noticed a slight twinge in my left knee, but it only happens when i don't keep a 90 angle between my shin & my ankle (when i'm leaning slightly forward on the bend) so i go really slowly on the lunge squat thingies on the left side, bc i want to be sure that i have the form right.

as mo stated, check out the "so gutted" post - and from there you might want to make an appointment with your doctor to make sure that you haven't injured anything.

good luck!
  • ccraigbba
    ccraigbba Posts: 19
    Options
    I had to take a break and haven't done the shred since day 7. I noticed my right knee getting sore on day two and worse everyday since until yesterday I could barely walk down a few stairs. I have looked it up and it matches the pain described in "jumpers knee"
  • mobskee
    mobskee Posts: 200
    Options
    I've been having some issues with my knees as well but when I did this a month or so ago I did not run into this so I must have done the exercises wrong a couple of time and injured my knees. I don't want to quit nor do I want to hurt myself so I started substituting the lunges with regular squats or ab exercises (I've been alternating). Do want to research this more though because I don't want to quit the shred...I love the burn/time ratio.
  • CindyCountingCalories
    CindyCountingCalories Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Your knees should never go over your toes, I think this was the reason mine hurt as well when I did 30ds the first time, now I'm watching my knees the whole time and it haven't give me any problems so far.

A little off topic but the other day I had pain in my lower back, it was the day after I did Zumba Sculpt and tone, yesterday I paid good attention while doing this and Tanya from Zumba said to keep your abs tight if you bend forward so that you won't hurt your lower back, I tried it and my back doesn't hurt anymore.

I think its very important to listen to Jillian as well, even if she talks a lot, she knows best...
  • NubianSpirit
    NubianSpirit Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    on thing i remember from either pilates or yoga (one of those exercise forms that are commonly done barefoot anyway) is that when you go into a lunge, like warrior pose, that you want to have you knee in alignment with your middle toe (but never going past the toes as cindy pointed out).

i did most of level 1 barefoot this time. initially i was focusing on the 90* angle between my foot & my shin (since had occassional popping in the left knee), then i remembered about the middle toe thing. with those two tidbits of information in mind, i have finally gotten rid of all of my knee popping noises.