Healthy Eating Out Options in West Michigan

Options
adriawall
adriawall Posts: 16 Member
I cook nearly every night, that is when I plan ahead...sometimes that doesn't happen and I need a back up for lunch or dinner. Where do you eat in West Michigan that doesn't kill your calorie bank or fitness goals?

Replies

• ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    For lunch, I like places like Qdoba and Chipotle because it's easy to track there and choose healthy options. For dinner, I am a fan of local and most places that are local will do what you need as far as food prep. There are also lots of salads available many local places that utilize farms like Trillium and Mud Lake. If I am meeting someone for dinner where the food is not that important, we may do Applebees because of the lighter and WW options, or Panera because the calorie count is on everything and I love the black bean soup :-)
  • adriawall
    adriawall Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, the black bean soup. Filling and cheap on the cals side.
  • stephmull80
    Options
    Believe it or not, Olive garden is actually a really good option for lo cal dining. The angel hair pasta with marinara is about 300 calories. You can pair it with the minestrone soup at 100 calories which even leaves you room to have a 150 calorie breadstick and your whole dinner comes in at 550 calories. There are also some great options at TGI Fridays and On the Border. All of the major chain's websites have nutrition information so it makes it a lot easier to plan what to order ahead of time and not blow your calories for the day. Even Denny's and IHOP have lo cal options listed in their menus.
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I eat out for breakfast more than dinner just because it's easier and cheaper. I get a veggie omelette, Wolfgangs is one of my faves. It's hard eating out since I eat Primal. For our date night tonight we are just staying in and make Creswick Farms Grassfed steaks on the grill, it's better than any restaurant.
  • lisaishotpink
    Options
    I honestly watch the sodium content more than the calorie amount. It is really hard to find restaurants with low sodium options!! If I could find a few, I would be so happy!