Week 8

Options
natalie412
natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
Just did Week 8 day one - got in 2.55 miles in the 28 minutes of running. Felt pretty good. I won't be up to 3.1 miles next week, but I'll be alot closer than I ever thought I could be when I started!!! Anyone else on week 8 right now?

Replies

• Mandykinz2008
    Mandykinz2008 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 8. The 28 minutes was rough but I think it was weather related because the 25 min was a breeze! It was very misty and humid this morning..will try again in a few days!
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Some days are just harder. I am in week 9 now, and have run 5K twice now!
  • chiltonenator
    chiltonenator Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Did W8D1 today - I'm slow, so I'm not running 2.75 miles in the 28 minutes. I'm thinking of doing W8D2 by distance instead of time. I've signed up for a 5K on April 7th, so I want to be ready for it.
  • shopewell70
    shopewell70 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Completed Week 8 Day 1 yesterday. It went better than I had expected. My goal each time is just to stay running for the given amount of time. My speed and distance is definitely not up to what everyone is doing, but it will come with time. During the run, my first mile was a 10:30 min mile and the second mile was 11 minutes. I would love to get that down to about a 9 min mile. How is everyone else fairing out? And is anyone going from the C25K to the B210K?
  • mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Week 8 day 1 this morning, which I confess was a struggle, had to walk a couple of times to get a breather (only for 30 seconds though), excuses incoming.... I've had a cold all week and have had low energy levels plus I played an hour football (soccer) last night... but I finished it..... I'm planning on breaking from the program on week 9, rather than run the time I'm going to run the distance in whatever time I take to do it, then I can work to reducing that benchmark time. Next step - Iron Man (aye right!)
  • chiltonenator
    Options
    Week 8 day 1 this morning, which I confess was a struggle, had to walk a couple of times to get a breather (only for 30 seconds though), excuses incoming.... I've had a cold all week and have had low energy levels plus I played an hour football (soccer) last night... but I finished it..... I'm planning on breaking from the program on week 9, rather than run the time I'm going to run the distance in whatever time I take to do it, then I can work to reducing that benchmark time. Next step - Iron Man (aye right!)

I'm doing the same - I'm on week 8 (technically I finished week 8) and am very slow so I'm going to work up to the 5K distance from where I am now (last run was 2.88 miles) - today I'm going for 3 miles. I'm still overweight by about 50 lbs., so it's like running while carrying 3 thanksgiving turkeys. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting faster as my "fat suit" comes off.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Week 8 Day 1 done! :) It went really well actually, better than I thought it would. Looking forward to Day 2 :)
  • mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Rest day yesterday, so it was time to get back on it.
    Decided to head outdoors and run the roads rather than go to the gym treadmill, w8 d2 completed, about 2.7 miles ran so a tad shy of the 2.75 but I don't care! I enjoyed the fresh air, the wind helped keep me cool and I felt like another 5 or 10 minutes wasn't going to be a big struggle :D Didn't push it though, too far in now to risk an injury. Nearly there!
  • shopewell70
    shopewell70 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yeah.....I finished I finished !!!!! Yesterday was my last day on the C25K program and it was awesome. If someone had asked me 8 weeks ago to run 35 minutes straight I would have died laughing. Now to be honest yesterday was horrible if I must say so myself. I have been sick all week with a cold and no energy. I knew I had one day left and I didnt want to miss it but I didnt know if I could do it or not. Around 12:30 I finally drug myself off the couch and said lets see what Ive got. Of course I started with my 5 min warm up and while doing that I was feeling like today was going to be my first failure of the program. But I kept walking then into jogging. After about 5 minutes of jogging my chest and head didnt seem to bother me to much. That was until around 25 minutes into the run. I thought....please let me atleast get to 28 min, I did....then it was ok I can push myself to do 30 min, so Im running along and look down to find Ive been running for 31:30 ... now come on, I was not giving in at that point I only had 3 1/2 min left of the run then the 5 min cool down. So yes folks, I did the whole 35 minutes. The only down side to this whole day was that I had to slow way down to make this happen. I usually run the first mile in about a 10:30, then second in around 11 min and third anywhere from the lowest to about 12 min. But yesterday it was pretty consistent with 12 min miles. Good or bad I dont know, but I do know it allowed me to keep running and complete the program and not give up.
    Eric, my friend, good luck with the remaining two days of this program. I know you can do it !!!!!
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options
    Yeah.....I finished I finished !!!!! Yesterday was my last day on the C25K program and it was awesome. If someone had asked me 8 weeks ago to run 35 minutes straight I would have died laughing. Now to be honest yesterday was horrible if I must say so myself. I have been sick all week with a cold and no energy. I knew I had one day left and I didnt want to miss it but I didnt know if I could do it or not. Around 12:30 I finally drug myself off the couch and said lets see what Ive got. Of course I started with my 5 min warm up and while doing that I was feeling like today was going to be my first failure of the program. But I kept walking then into jogging. After about 5 minutes of jogging my chest and head didnt seem to bother me to much. That was until around 25 minutes into the run. I thought....please let me atleast get to 28 min, I did....then it was ok I can push myself to do 30 min, so Im running along and look down to find Ive been running for 31:30 ... now come on, I was not giving in at that point I only had 3 1/2 min left of the run then the 5 min cool down. So yes folks, I did the whole 35 minutes. The only down side to this whole day was that I had to slow way down to make this happen. I usually run the first mile in about a 10:30, then second in around 11 min and third anywhere from the lowest to about 12 min. But yesterday it was pretty consistent with 12 min miles. Good or bad I dont know, but I do know it allowed me to keep running and complete the program and not give up.
    Eric, my friend, good luck with the remaining two days of this program. I know you can do it !!!!!

Thank you :) Day 2 is tomorrow morning and finishing on Tuesday if all goes well. My reward is going to be an new iPad on Friday!! So I've got no choice but to finish :)
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options
    Week 8 Day 2 finished!!! It's so odd for the first minutes I felt like I wouldn't be able to do it then out of nowhere Iget a burst of energy and boom Day 2 flew by!
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options
    I did it!!!!! 5.3 km in total!!!
    13606919_5771.jpg
  • fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    congrats!
  • ProjectTina
    Options
    ^^Well done, Eric!!

I had my first day of week 8 today and it went pretty well. Since I'll be going out of town next week I'm considering to just forge ahead to week 9. Running for 30 minutes straight definitely seems do-able at this point :)
  • Beth292
    Beth292 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    W8D1 done, and it kicked my *kitten*! I found it a lot harder than W7, but that's probably because its so cose ot half an hour and psychologically it's spooking me!

Feeling really great now it's done now, bring on Day 2! :)
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Completed Week 8 Day 1 yesterday. It went better than I had expected. My goal each time is just to stay running for the given amount of time. [/quote

This is my goal as well. Usually about halfway through I end up going very slow for about 5 minutes until my calves stop burning like crazy. But as long as I'm still jogging and not walking I'm happy.
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    W8D1 done, and it kicked my *kitten*! I found it a lot harder than W7, but that's probably because its so cose ot half an hour and psychologically it's spooking me!

Feeling really great now it's done now, bring on Day 2! :)

DITTO ^^^ I did W8D1 today and it was tough & I am really pissed at myself !! This was the first time ever during the program where I couldn't complete the run & had to walk. I walked about 3 min's after running for 23mins & then I was able to run another 6 mins. I may have to repeat a couple days this week. I also think a lot of it was the temperature. I decided to run after work at the park & it was 84 degrees. I am used to running in the early morning when it is 50 degrees or lower. Will go at it again on Saturday.
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    yay d3 done !! I think I might repeat it 1 more time though !
  • chiltonenator
    Options
    yay d3 done !! I think I might repeat it 1 more time though !

Congratulations!
  • ProjectTina
    Options
    I'm finally done with week 8! Day 2 went great and I just kept running to 30 minutes. Then I went on a week vacation that involved a lot of walking but also a lot of eating out. Had a go at Day 3 when I came back, but quit after 23 minutes. Did it again today and it went fine. I'm noticing that my heart rate is pretty high all the way though. It's around 173, is that normal?