Need to vent!!!

Options
mxburke
mxburke Posts: 226 Member
So, hasn't been the greatest time for me the last week or so. Plus, I decided to weigh myself at the doctor's office I work at, and I was not pleased with the weight. Although I do realize it is a different scale, seeing the 165 lbs (5 pound increase) did not comfort me at all. Either way though, I am happy to report that Im heading back on the right track....still aiming at hitting the gym 3+ days per week and really aiming at cutting my carbs and increasing my greens!

Any advice as to how you Nurses are going to work at avoiding all the crazy amounts of bad food that lands at work around xmas time....

Happy weight loss everyone!

P.S. I live in Sudbury, ON and today is the first day of Snow!!!

Replies

• cejubitz
    cejubitz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    those scales at work are the worst. I stick with one set scale (I go to curves, and use their scale), and try to weigh myself at the same time everyday.

As far as the treats that end up at work, I would love to hear every one else's thoughts on this. I bring a baggie of apple slices to snack on, and a protein bar in my work bag in case lunch break just doesn't happen. But yesterday, coffee cake showed up, and mini doughnuts, then FUDGE!! All it takes is added stress or unhappiness, and it is very easy to justify having a goody or two.

Thankfully, the treats are usually infrequent, but we do end up with more goodies around this time of year.

Connie
  • supernurse_stacy
    Options
    Just say NO!!!!! LOL
  • ValgA
    ValgA Posts: 30
    Options
    On Guam, eating is really a big part of the culture and honestly, work is a big challenge for me when it comes to avoiding bad food. The only thing I can think of is avoid the bad food: some times I eat by myself just so I won't pick off my coworkers plates or I avoid the endorsement room because that's where everyone likes to put all their sweets/treats. If all else fails, have one and tell yourself that's enough. Or put some aside for yourself later and see if your still craving it a couple hours later. It's tough since all the bad foods are usually planted close to the nursing station, but you can do it! (Also, I totally know what you mean about the holidays! Now there's a challenge!)
  • cdmeyer
    cdmeyer Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have to take my lunch and snacks to work every day. Like the other girls said I too avoid the breakroom. It is hard though. Good luck
  • HolyPeas
    HolyPeas Posts: 71
    Options
    This is old but I am going to leave a comment because I am certain I can't be the only one who goes back to read these things when they are a new here.

I came here to say that really you know this but I would pick one scale and only weigh on that scale. Scales in Docters office take a lot of abuse from super heavy people and just flat out repetitive use all day so its possible that it DID weigh you heavy.

I recently purchased a very nice high capacity (they tend to hold up better) scale and I will only use that scale.