Life

Options
Kalynx
Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
So, I wanted to post this here and not on the main boards for the world to read but I wanted to share with the group.

I went to primary doctor today and they had taken blood Monday to check my A1C (blood sugar), cholesterol, etc. Those were fine.

My potassium levels were 'critically low' - well I was told a LOW POTASSIUM DIET, I guess I'm an overachiever..LOL so kidney doctor gave me two days of mega potassium pills and I got back Friday to recheck that. And now I can eat bananas and potatoes and tomato sauce if I want. I wasn't eating them in excess so really I dont think I need to watch the potassium anymore.

My creatine levels were NORMAL at 1.4, I started over a month ago at 4+ then it was down to 2.7..and now I'm NORMAL!! High normal is 1.7. Creatine is something to do with kidneys.

My other kidney number ..a function/filtration rate started at 12, then was 29.6, and now is at 46!!! She said normal for that is 60. so yayaya. Almost there.

I broke out in a severe rash Tue/Wed from antibiotic I was on. She gave me steroids and filled out an index card for me to carry in my wallet with all my allergies..lol Will stay home from work again tomorrow as it is very uncomfortable to wear clothes and I still itch everywhere - even have blisters on bottom of my feet, ears, tongue, etc. She said steriod would take 24 hrs to kick in and start to subdue the rash.

I find out Monday morning how the heart stress test went yesterday, I either have a blockage or I'm really out of shape. Heart is not pumping blood from lower end like it should. When I try to excercise or walk or do more my ears fill with pressure like I'm on an airplane, I get light headed/dizzy, and I cannot breathe well. Hopefully I'm just out of shape but if blockage they can go in and fix that easily.

Hope everyone is having a good week!! Here are pictures of why I am missing work and at home posting during the day lol..

rash.JPG
rash2.JPG

Replies

• findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Thats great! Your numbers have really improved, especially your kidney function!
  • BrokenAlice
    BrokenAlice Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hope you are on the mend real soon.
  • katwj76
    katwj76 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yuck! Feel better!
  • starchile
    starchile Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Well these health issues are alll great reasons to be doing EXACTLY what you are doing!!! Taking care of yourself and getting healthier...SO CONGRATULATIONS on putting your health first!!! WOO HOO! I'm sure things will only get better!